General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User falko89
(regular) Sun 22-Jan-17 17:49:34
Print Post

I want to leave BT but don't think I've any other option?

[link to this post]

My exchange isn't fibre enabled, searching all I can find are providers with limited downloads or peak time throttling.

With BTs price hike they will be quite expensive, the problem is they seem to be the cheapest or am I missing something?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 22-Jan-17 17:54:43
Print Post

Re: I want to leave BT but don't think I've any other option

[re: falko89] [link to this post]

Which exchange please? We need to be able to look what is available.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User falko89
(regular) Sun 22-Jan-17 18:00:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ballyronan

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 22-Jan-17 18:38:37
Print Post

Just BT for you - no LLU of any type. You can have any ISP who runs on BT, Plusnet for example often do 12 or 18 month contracts with 6 or 12 months free

Keep an eye on https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/ is my best suggestion. I agree BT's prices are shocking. I am leaving their FTTC service soon for the same reason - £53 a month is now getting towards the realms of better connection and way way better support.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 22-Jan-17 19:35:15
Print Post

Thanks.

That exchange is enabled for FTTC, but not for all its cabinets. So I just want to check with you that you have used your phone number in this checker?

If you can copy and paste the table contents, and the line above it with the phone number blanked out, there are some posters who may know if your cabinet is planned.

Re ISPs to look at, as 23prince says, keep an eye on Plusnet.

Although we all like true unlimited, do you really need that? There are many that have peak time allowances at reasonable cost, with unmetered outside peak times and all weekend.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 22-Jan-17 19:36:47
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

The exchange hasn't even got ADSL2+ frown. It's going to be out of Low Cost area for PN.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 22-Jan-17 19:37:17)

Standard User falko89
(regular) Sun 22-Jan-17 19:53:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes there is damn all on it which was why i posted on here. I am connected directly to the exchange, the exchange itself has no cabinets but there are cabinets a mile or so outside the village which link back to the exchange. BT have deemed that we are fast enough connected directly to the exchange.
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(learned) Sun 22-Jan-17 20:05:54
Print Post

Are you on an EO line at close range or long range? I hope the first, otherwise I feel for you man. You'll just have to wait to be moved to another cabinet.
Standard User falko89
(regular) Sun 22-Jan-17 20:24:40
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

I'm close less than a 5 min walk away.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Sun 22-Jan-17 21:19:04
Print Post

What's your postcode (you can PM me if you don't want to post it)? Just looking at your exchange, I don't see any EO lines based on postcodes.

It might be that they have moved your EO line over to a cabinet. I see two new cabinets (PCP6 &7) are in the build stage under the Superfast Extension Programme and are due to complete in the new couple of months. All cabinets for this exchange should be covered with FTTC.

Edited by AndyHCZ (Sun 22-Jan-17 21:20:00)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to