General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wobble11
(newbie) Wed 08-Feb-17 17:50:32
Print Post

Correcting details on OpenReach database

[link to this post]

I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me.

Something is wrong with the information that Openreach have regarding my phone number or address, as a result I'm having a nightmare trying to switch provider.
I've tried getting in touch with Openreach but it seems they only respond to communication providers. I only wish they did.

I've lived at my address for 9 years (originally BT), 5 years ago I ported my phone and broadband to Sky. Now I'd like to port back to BT for both phone and BB.
The problem appears to be that BT can't see a phone at my address and keep requesting a new line for me. I believe this is due to bad Openreach data as I've tried a few different companies online checks and none can retrieve information about my line.

I finally spoke to someone at BT that understood my issue today but the best he could suggest was for me to cancel my Sky line and BB and then order a new line from BT and finally request a re-number to get my old number back. This seems a lot of work, I'll be out of service and possibly have a new number as they can't guarantee I'll get my old one back. I'll probably be charged a connection fee also.

It seems to me all that's required is Openreach to add my details back to their database and we can all go to the pub happy. Can anyone help?

Many thanks
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(member) Wed 08-Feb-17 18:11:47
Print Post

Re: Correcting details on OpenReach database

[re: wobble11] [link to this post]

You can try contacting Openreach here: https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040...

If you don't get a human response, keep trying until you do.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 08-Feb-17 19:29:39
Print Post

Had no problems migrating from full LLU back to a BT Wholesale based service.

The systems WONT recognise the location of the number, but should be happy taking an order based on the address.

What does the online order system actually say/do, talking to people can sometimes actually cause more confusion.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fastman2
(experienced) Wed 08-Feb-17 21:12:19
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

I assume your a LLU line _pay all your bill to Sky and nothing to bt -- so you will need to cancel that == BT can t see that line in any shape of form as that line is hidden and nothing will happen until that line is visible --
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 08-Feb-17 21:14:36
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Really? No need to cancel anything, the standard migration process should handle a move from full LLU back to BT, and unless Sky refuse the number port that should work too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User wobble11
(newbie) Wed 08-Feb-17 21:16:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply Andrew,

My initial order for (BB and calls) was online, and a new line was added automatically.

I've just done another dry run and after adding my details I get a "we're just checking your details" prompt and then a page that says

Looks like you need a new phone line

Please tell us a bit more about the property so we can give the engineer the right installation instructions.

Please select:-
A brand new property.
An existing property you believe had a BT line in the past.
A different type of property.

I didn't get these choices previously.

Using PlusNet online I get the response We can't find any information about your phone line
But when I continue the next page says
You don't have a compatible phone service. To use our broadband you'll need to take one of our Home Phone packages

I really think the OpenReach data is corrupted or missing.
Thanks for your help
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 08-Feb-17 21:21:04
Print Post

In BT terms you should be selecting 'An existing property you believe had a BT line in the past.'

Plusnet is correct, since there is no data sharing on LLU lines i.e. it could be located anywhere in UK and the you need to take one of our phone packages is to be expected, since the phone line needs to move off of full LLU

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 08-Feb-17 22:29:06
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fastman2:
I assume your a LLU line _pay all your bill to Sky and nothing to bt -- so you will need to cancel that == BT can t see that line in any shape of form as that line is hidden and nothing will happen until that line is visible --
That is not correct.

It is BT Retail at the level the OP has reached so far that doesn't know what to do.

BT Retail historically have been probably the best BT Wholesale based ISP at transferring people back from LLU.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 08-Feb-17 22:32:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
... the standard migration process should handle a move from full LLU back to BT, and unless Sky refuse the number port that should work too.
Particularly if the number was originally issued by a BT Wholesale based CP. But even if it is a Sky-issued one, there should be no problem.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User wobble11
(newbie) Thu 09-Feb-17 06:35:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It is definitely an original BT number and exists within their number block 01922 68 http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/search?q=0192268&submit=S... . I agree I should have no problem, I had no problem when I ported out to Sky, but I've tried all sorts in the last couple of months, with no luck frown
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to