General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Antdawe
(learned) Fri 24-Feb-17 15:52:36
Print Post

Openreach Employment 5

[link to this post]

Not sure how to link the previous post.

Where is everyone who has got their email from?? I'm South Wales.
Standard User Kirky89
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-17 15:57:19
Print Post

Re: Openreach Employment 5

[re: Antdawe] [link to this post]

I haven't received that email making me feel anxious but fingers crossed
Standard User abmis2006
(learned) Fri 24-Feb-17 16:04:51
Print Post

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

Neither have I mate, it maybe down to demand in each area. I wouldn't be too worried.

Maybe saving the best until last ;p

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hendaz1984
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-17 16:05:45
Print Post

[re: abmis2006] [link to this post]

I haven't in Newcastle

I might be wrong, but it seems as though the majority are in Wales?
Standard User MAT723
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-17 16:07:41
Print Post

[re: abmis2006] [link to this post]

Im another in wrexham- seems theres 3/4 of us been takennon here smile
Standard User Antdawe
(learned) Fri 24-Feb-17 16:08:38
Print Post

[re: MAT723] [link to this post]

Well your Wrexham. One of the other guys is Swansea. Seems like a Welsh thing at the moment.
Standard User Bjt1992
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-17 16:09:12
Print Post

[re: Antdawe] [link to this post]

Just been catching up on the old thread.

Massive congratulations to the guys who have finally got the long awaited email. Great that the ball is finally rolling. Are yous all from similar areas ? Looked like wales and the south west so perhaps they're prioritising the training to areas that need people first ?

Still the wait goes on for the rest of us. Out of curiousity what has been offered in terms of salary etc. Seen it was different to that originally advertised?

Cheers

Ben.
Standard User Swanseajack91
(regular) Fri 24-Feb-17 16:29:49
Print Post

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

Someone else said they have had a start date! I haven't yet but she said they now have positions ready and a start date will be given shortly.
This is what I was told in the email still sounds good so I'm not to bothered as long as it is permanent

This job offer does differ from the role we explained to you last year. Openreach has changed the way we train all our new engineers and we now provide you with the opportunity to achieve an industry recognised qualification. We're delighted to be offering you a career that begins with a world class training programme as well as building extensive on the job experience. You'll get loads of support during this period and after the first year you’ll have achieved your professional qualification.

The starting salary is £20,000 for the first year while you’re training, and then you will move to £22,933 following successful completion of the programme and a 10% performance related bonus. There are a broad range of other engineering roles available in Openreach with salaries up to £25,772 which you can apply for after completion of your training. We’ll supply your company vehicle, tools and kit and you’ll also have great opportunities to gain promotions to a wide variety of roles.
Standard User Johnsmic
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-17 16:49:43
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

Had the email saying I had an April start, I'm in Wolverhampton.
Standard User Dixi2u
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-17 17:19:18
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

I have gotten the same mail. From South Aberdeenshire.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to