General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Wed 01-Mar-17 09:29:42
Print Post

Re: Openreach Twitter account goes live tomorrow (1 March 20

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Expect nothing more than "keep checking the Openreach cabinet journey tracker" wink
Standard User icarus2017
(newbie) Wed 01-Mar-17 11:08:37
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Been waiting for this for ages! Do you work for Openreach? you seem to know a lot about this! surely staffing numbers and opening hours are something that isn't generally released to the public? How do you know this is a genuine account though? Looks a bit suspect to me?
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Mar-17 11:21:50
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefi...

There was another briefing internally about it yesterday, confirming some details and that it will go live today (not sure the exact timing).

Ah, ok.
There is no information about the Twitter account name or that they will also be dealing with the public, sadly I haven't got a portal account to see any more information.

I know last year as a joke emailed them for a portal account, where they said why and what for, I responded "To wreak havoc on your network smile" that was the last I hear from them, I even added the Smiley Face, they have no sense of humour tongue

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
The blue badge is something Twitter control, it's not something I would expect to see immediately.

Yeah I know Twitter control it, it can happen from the start, I have seen a few get created and they instantly had a blue badge.

If its used for say a big company etc., they can request for a blue badge from day one, they just need to provide why they need it and who they are.

Members of the government can get them at the start as well.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Wed 01-Mar-17 11:27:39
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
There is no information about the Twitter account name or that they will also be dealing with the public, sadly I haven't got a portal account to see any more information.

It's right there in the link.

We're planning to launch a new Twitter channel with the handle @OpenreachGB on Wednesday 1 March 2017.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Mar-17 11:29:04
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:
Expect nothing more than "keep checking the Openreach cabinet journey tracker" wink

Yeah and the classic, "Our latest estimate of when this will be ready for orders is the end of {%INSERT_MONTH%}." that's all I got from them each month for the whole 5 years I was in contact with them.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Wed 01-Mar-17 11:30:22
Print Post

Anything more specific though and people get even more annoyed if there are delays.

I often wish they never had any sort of journey tracker and that it simply shows as available once it is.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Mar-17 11:30:45
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by huwwatkins:
In reply to a post by PaulKirby:

It's right there in the link.

We're planning to launch a new Twitter channel with the handle @OpenreachGB on Wednesday 1 March 2017.

Yep, your right, I must be going blind in my old age LOL.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Mar-17 11:35:54
Print Post

[re: icarus2017] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by icarus2017:
Been waiting for this for ages! Do you work for Openreach? you seem to know a lot about this! surely staffing numbers and opening hours are something that isn't generally released to the public? How do you know this is a genuine account though? Looks a bit suspect to me?

Well parts of the news is on Openreach's Site, with the actual Twitter account name, so maybe its true, I cannot see the whole news though.

As for them working at Openreach, I have often wondered that myself going by some of my PM's from them, so its either Openreach or an ISP that has a Portal account.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User icarus2017
(newbie) Wed 01-Mar-17 11:55:18
Print Post

Intriguing to know how they know so much, Opening times and staffing seems very specific! To be honest it would be great to have a contact in Openreach so I could pick their brains on the technical stuff!
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Mar-17 12:07:02
Print Post

[re: icarus2017] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by icarus2017:
Intriguing to know how they know so much, Opening times and staffing seems very specific! To be honest it would be great to have a contact in Openreach so I could pick their brains on the technical stuff!

Well to see that information you need a Portal account and BTOR don't give them out to anyone.

Which was why I couldn't get one when I asked them LOL.

Or they just emailed people at enquires @ openreach for more information, some people there are happy to give out non secure information.

I know they have for me in the past.

Looks like they need that Twitter Account live now due to their site http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/ is down LOL

As for the twitter account being legit, it might actually be legit, BT are now following that account and so is Andrew (staff), I am soo tempted to click on Follow LOL
Paul

TBB Speedtest

Edited by PaulKirby (Wed 01-Mar-17 12:29:10)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to