General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Fri 03-Mar-17 12:23:48
Print Post

Re: Openreach Twitter account goes live tomorrow (1 March 20

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

I do find it a little strange how they sent a text out to all affected customers telling them it was a DSLAM fault, when Openreach was not reporting any issues in that area and neither were any other ISPs.

Now one agent is telling a customer the problem "is mainly outside" and "near the local telephone exchange".

Nothing noticeable is reported by Openreach (the only mention in Wrexham is a copper fault affecting 2 customers), other than the MBORCs in North Wales and East Anglia due to the weather.
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Fri 03-Mar-17 12:39:41
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Twitter made it available for anyone to request a few months ago.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/20174631

Good luck!

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Mar-17 14:22:15
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

Cheers Tony, its been a while since we last looked about this, but I know we have applied this morning.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Fri 03-Mar-17 14:43:40
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Andy

It may be it is a Talktalk DSLAM issue, but that it also affects the equipment the Cable link is connected to affecting all TT customers in Wrexham. Easy to then obsurate so that people think it is OR, they may have a different Network supplier to provide Backhaul to elsewhere who actually has the issue ( or it could actually be OR). But no way is it a fibre or access issue due to OR.

Shows how other ISPs can insinuate the fault is OR ( or BT) but evidence points elsewhere.
Standard User kebabselector
(member) Fri 03-Mar-17 14:44:15
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fastman2:
kebab you were advises the Gap fund for your cabinet would now be significantly less now if you re asked - I assume that was not of intteres .and you have chosen not to do that

Sadly the local community aren't up for spending money and for some reason are happy with what appears to be a getting worse Virgin line speed. So currently not entirely keen on paying the fee myself. I just have to keep reminding BT that I can't access any of their new TV services.

The joys of living around older folk.

ISP: Zen, getting around 6mb down - .8mb up
Exchange is Fibre enabled, Cab not economically viable to upgrade - though hanging on the carrot being dangled - 'There are projects to be initiated in 2017, however, we do not have a particular timescale at this moment.'
Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 50 - small cabinet of fail
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to