General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Realist
(member) Sat 18-Mar-17 17:18:04
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 6

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Just received this email:

We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening. We’re progressing your application for the Trainee Openreach Engineer position to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre

Our assessment centres take place between March and August. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it’s not possible for us to invite all candidates who reach this stage to attend an assessment centre. We invite candidates to an assessment centre based on how well they have done in the earlier parts of the application process and how much of a match they are for the roles we have available.

If you are successful in receiving an invite to an assessment we’ll be in touch to provide further information about the role we’re considering you for and with additional details about the day.

As we arrange hundreds of assessment centres, it does take some planning and there may be a delay in you hearing from us to let you know whether you have been successful at this stage or not. However, we will send you regular updates to let you know if you have been chosen for an assessment centre place.

We’ll be in touch with an update as soon as we can. If you have any questions before you’ve heard from us please email bt.apprenticeships@bt.com

Until then, thank you for your patience and well done again on making it this far.

Best wishes

BT Recruitment Team

They must be packed up with applications so I now have a few months of wait frown

Owe well.
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Sat 18-Mar-17 18:50:22
Print Post

[re: Realist] [link to this post]

You can look forward to a long wait mate unless they have changed the process, will be 6 months after applying that I start. And that's fairly quick compared to others! Good luck anyway hoping the wait will be worth it!
Standard User Realist
(member) Sun 19-Mar-17 00:02:31
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

I'm currently employed and have been for 9 years just looking for a change so a wait is nothing.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Sun 19-Mar-17 20:53:23
Print Post

[re: Realist] [link to this post]

You shouldn't have as long a wait as us. I think we got caught up in the Ofcom re-organisation of the management structure. They are taking on 1500-3000 over the next couple of years!

Edited by Firsttwodie (Sun 19-Mar-17 20:54:16)

Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Mon 20-Mar-17 00:28:34
Print Post

has anyone had an acknowledgement of receipt of their disclosure scotland? I dont seem to be getting much in the way of answers to questions/ or acknowledging receipt of task items?
(member) Mon 20-Mar-17 07:19:41
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

I haven't had any acknowledgement yet i sent 2 emails now just asking to confirm I have done everything.
Before I sent it in i had an email saying i was all ready to start though subject to DBS and reffrences. I was talking to a Debbie Ryan and I think she was on leave a purple of days last week so that mAybe why
(member) Mon 20-Mar-17 11:01:30
Print Post

Just had confirmation that she received it this morning so they should get back to you soon I would imagine.
Standard User Bjt1992
(learned) Mon 20-Mar-17 11:50:39
Print Post

Just came across this link on the OR twitter.
https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/news/200317-...

Makes an interesting read about the recruitment programme and there's a link to the YouTube channel which they have uploaded some VR videos of the kit in the van, inside an exchange, the PCP and from the top of a pole.

Can't wait to start now like roll on July 3rd !! Wish I was starting next month though frown

Edited by Bjt1992 (Mon 20-Mar-17 11:54:59)

Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Mon 20-Mar-17 12:15:09
Print Post

I sent a couple of emails asking for clarification on a couple of things, and it took a whole week for a reply. Just sent my disclosure back to them, I would expect an acknowledgment for that one seeing as it is sensitive info?
(member) Mon 20-Mar-17 13:43:58
Print Post

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

Haha thanks for that they are pretty cool!
Lets hope the weather is like that for when we start out and about properly, probably wont be for me in Wales..

Not to much longer April 24th cant come soon enough!
Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to