General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Dixi2u
(learned) Mon 20-Mar-17 15:23:23
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 6

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

Can't wait to hand in notice on Friday to see reaction. Tied to get me to go offshore today. Same start date as you too.
Standard User Dslammer
(newbie) Mon 20-Mar-17 16:03:51
Print Post

[re: Dixi2u] [link to this post]

***Apologies to those who are waiting and have not heard***

To all those who have received the contract. If I read it correctly :

the 15 minute van checks are done in your own time

unpaid flexi time is used to complete jobs

up to a total of 120 mins unpaid travel time each day

at worst the working week could be 48.25 hours payed at 37 hours rate plus unpaid flexi hours worked, which I assume you get back.

The pension and life insurance appears quite reasonable
Standard User unknown101
(learned) Mon 20-Mar-17 17:11:37
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

The 15 minutes vehicle safety check is done in your own time this is known as part of your "parking at home agreeement", this is for the privilege of being able to park at home save you having to commute.

Upto 60 minutes flex can be used to work on to finish jobs within 16:10-17:10, this can be claimed back to allow you to finish prior to 16:10 (up to an hour), you will have a flex balance of between -6 hours and +6 hours but its preferred to keep it +/- 2-3 hours.

Your contracts will state a 60 minute travel time but this will be considerably lower depending on your area (it'll usually be around 30-45 minutes), the full hour can be invoked with 24 hours notice usually if your required to work in a different patch.

The pension is good and so is the share scheme which some of you may miss the first year if you come join Openreach later in the year.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Dylan79
(newbie) Mon 20-Mar-17 19:02:59
Print Post

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

Take those videos with a pinch of salt as its not like that in reality. Everything shown is optimal conditions but you'll see what its really like when you go out in the field.
Standard User deejay126
(newbie) Mon 20-Mar-17 19:31:49
Print Post

[re: Dylan79] [link to this post]

Hi guys,

Enjoyed reading about all of your application experiences. Does anyone have any more info regarding the online video interview? i.e. What questions were asked?

I read earlier there were 5 questions with a 2 minute answering period (great help btw)

Thanks in advance.
Standard User gouledw
(learned) Mon 20-Mar-17 22:41:10
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

That's what makes me feel sorry for you guys. Potentially 11 hours a week unpaid, plus flex which can work great for you but can also be the biggest headache when you really need that time. I wish luck to all you new guys, enjoy your dropwiring course particularly!
Standard User Dixi2u
(learned) Tue 21-Mar-17 07:59:53
Print Post

[re: gouledw] [link to this post]

Question. How many people get paid to travel to and from work? If you look at it like that its not so bad. Used to commute 90 mins each way to work at my cost..
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Tue 21-Mar-17 09:05:46
Print Post

[re: Dixi2u] [link to this post]

Exactly my thoughts I Travel nearly 2 hours a day at the moment back and forth to work. You cant expect your employer to pay you for the time traveled to work!
maybe im wrong but thats just my way of thinking.
Standard User witchunt
(member) Tue 21-Mar-17 09:14:35
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

Office based workers are required to travel in their own time, it's not unreasonable to expect the mobile workforce to do similar.
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Tue 21-Mar-17 09:43:47
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Im not so sure, lets say the exchange is 20 mins away and you have to pick up some sort of connector on your way and your first job is half hour past the exchange.
should you be unpaid from exchange to first job? What if your van was at the exchange and you drove to pick it up? pay shouldnt start from home but should it start at the exchange or first job?
Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to