General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Tue 21-Mar-17 20:11:51
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 6

[re: Firsttwodie] [link to this post]

They are really quick mine took 5 day from application to delivery, much improved from ones i have had done in the past
Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Tue 21-Mar-17 20:38:54
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

Your query over the van logo can could be quite simple it could just be removing the BT logo which doesn't form part of the main vinyl stickers on some vans signage.
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Tue 21-Mar-17 20:46:51
Print Post

[re: Firsttwodie] [link to this post]

Yeah i did wonder if they would do that, I thought they may put a new design on new vans though have to wait and see not that it really matter lol...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gouledw
(learned) Tue 21-Mar-17 21:04:32
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

It's the fact that you finish at say 1500, and it takes an hour to get home, you have to knock an hour off. So you finish at 1500, you're deducted an hours flex. Plus you can't take your van anywhere apart from home so its not exactly fair. If I was commuting an hour say to work, at least on the way back I could divert to where I wanted.

And what makes it unfair is the fact I for example, have to travel an hour. I get to the exchange for 8, vehicle checks for 15 mins (in the company's time) and then travel to first job, an hour later at 9 I arrive. And then at end of day, I need to get home for 16:10, it takes me an hour, I leave at 15:10 and I get back for 16:10, that's when I'm paid till. You do that same journey and you're leaving at 7am and getting back for 16:10 but technically you finished at 15:10. By the time you add your commitment (at a max), your 22 days a year and also your extra 1.5 hours a week you could potentially be working for 5 more weeks a year than I have too, but still get paid the same.

Work stays in the yard when I finish. It doesn't come home with me. Obviously there are benefits however I strongly believe that the parking at home agreement is extremely unfair towards the employees.

Edited by gouledw (Tue 21-Mar-17 21:07:40)

Standard User partial
(experienced) Tue 21-Mar-17 21:22:43
Print Post

[re: gouledw] [link to this post]

I agree. Parking at home and giving as much time as your boss thinks he can get away with for the privilege of providing openreach free hardstanding is a very poor deal.

If a job is worth doing, it's worth getting paid for in my view.
Standard User BothLegsDis
(regular) Wed 22-Mar-17 06:45:22
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

I've heard we are going back to having yellow Telecom vans laugh
Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Wed 22-Mar-17 07:43:08
Print Post

[re: BothLegsDis] [link to this post]

Apparently the accident rate went up when they swapped from yellow to dark blue and grey vans!
Retro!!

Edited by Firsttwodie (Wed 22-Mar-17 07:43:49)

Standard User MrFester
(newbie) Wed 22-Mar-17 10:21:02
Print Post

Anybody know if openreach will reimburse you for having to pay for a parking permit for the works van? I'll need one for parking the van at home and wondered if it'll cost me or the company.
On another note, has anybody thats starting on 3rd April heard anymore after getting your train tickets about what to take to Yarnfield for the first week?
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Wed 22-Mar-17 11:05:14
Print Post

[re: MrFester] [link to this post]

yeah i only havee the one space in my block. ill have to rent a space from another flat..
Standard User unknown101
(learned) Wed 22-Mar-17 12:54:54
Print Post

No ones forcing you to work for Openreach if you do, sure other jobs where you need to commute to work at your own expense and time are available.
Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to