General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 12-Mar-17 09:12:39
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 6

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

It means you are going in too low in the pay scale, the previous scheme with the higher advertised pay is what you should be on. Trouble is you don't want to lose this one. I reckon Openreach will be getting Apprenticeship subsidies on the new one.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65702/13958Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Sun 12-Mar-17 09:45:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

same here im at level 7 already, i thought they were winding me up dropping the money to give me a lvl2 btec. Ive even had my work published by IEEE.

Edited by mckeo5514 (Sun 12-Mar-17 09:48:12)

Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Sun 12-Mar-17 09:58:35
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

Yeah having a degree and going in at entry level seems mad!
Shall have to wait and see it may change when the training team ring some of us..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 12-Mar-17 10:06:35
Print Post

The recruitment page I think someone linked to earlier has an overlay that lists graduate recruitment. Might be worth finding it, read, then ask about it. If you can't find it give me a shout and I'll see if I can find the link that gave it me. If you do find it, repost the link for others.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65702/13958Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Sun 12-Mar-17 10:11:44
Print Post

Graduate recruitment wont touch me because even though i have a beng and mphil degrees in telecoms i dont have a single ucas point
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 12-Mar-17 10:44:06
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

Sounds like it is "about to graduate" recruitment then. (Which is of course the usual meaning of Graduate Recruitment).

You should be looking higher still. IIRC there were recruitment levels above it on the overlay I referred to.

Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Sun 12-Mar-17 10:52:59
Print Post

http://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/careersatbt/openre...
Standard User Dixi2u
(learned) Sun 12-Mar-17 11:04:02
Print Post

I imagine that there is a lot people have older qualifications and experience but having to start at the bottom again. Not totally fair but should eventually allow you to advance quicker i would think.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 12-Mar-17 11:39:22
Print Post

[re: Firsttwodie] [link to this post]

That's the one. I must have been thinking of the "Accelerated Leadership Programme". Which won't be pole-climbing. Almost certainly office-based.

"Circa £60,000 salary, dependant on experience, and in addition a monthly car allowance".

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 12-Mar-17 11:50:48
Print Post

[re: BothLegsDis] [link to this post]

Openreach use 'stock photos' of someone up a pole, at a cab etc, etc, This was set up as previously the standard photo's used in FEN etc had to be paid for every time.

Word went out that we could volunteer if we wanted to, and never one to shirk a free sarnie and a day off the tools I put me name forward.....

There were maybe 8 or 10 engineers there and thousands of photo's taken, up poles (with the photographer in a hoist bucket), in a joint box, at a cab, faulting in a property (the local level 2's house) even doing E side jointing in the cable chamber below Maidenhead exchange. I was in possession of one of the original trial JDSU's and offered to get it in some pics, nope, Hawks and laptops was the order of the day. Shots of the guy at the top of the pole are still featured strongly in silhouette on company publications.

There were many photo's taken, and did they ever use any of this balding old coot ? Nope, not one, that's baldish that is.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to