General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Sun 12-Mar-17 15:36:58
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 6

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

i also applied to that one too and got turned down. im gonna have to get promoted the hard way.
Standard User MC31
(regular) Sun 12-Mar-17 16:19:06
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

"There were many photo's taken, and did they ever use any of this balding old coot ? Nope, not one, that's baldish that is. "

But they used lots of a young good looking blonde girl ! I know her and she is nice but represents less then 1% of OR staff.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User Dslammer
(newbie) Sun 12-Mar-17 21:49:12
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

Just visited Bolton. Very large telephone exchange so maybe training there.

Wetherspoons
Old Man & Sythe
Hogarts
Papa Johns Pizza take away

All OK pubs would assume all dead in week.

Was in Peterboro last year, which is where I found out about these jobs. The guys training were in the same hotel, which was next to the telephone exchange, where the training was held.

All there vans were in a neat row on the car park, they never moved all week. Peteboro town centre was ok but quiet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jordanglb
(newbie) Sun 12-Mar-17 22:20:29
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

Yeah, cheers for the Bolton update. Thats where ill be going. Spoke to an engineer who feels it may be an old bt fleet site in a place called breightmet. I live less than an hour away. Do you know if residential training is mandatory or can you travel home midweek.
Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Sun 12-Mar-17 22:25:40
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

Cheers for the info on Peterborough it's a great help to know any info as you can understand.
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Mon 13-Mar-17 11:36:20
Print Post

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

Looks like they have started collecting my references, my current employer has dragged me into a meeting about it, and now I'm unemployed. Was trying to hold out on giving my
Notice as I only had to Give them a week. Gonna be a long 6 weeks!
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Mon 13-Mar-17 12:02:15
Print Post

Gutted! at least they are asking means things are moving.. I told my employer as soon as I signed my contract! luckily they need me up until the Friday before I leave.
Try find some temp work for a few weeks that's what I was going to do if they didnt need me at my current job

Edited by Swanseajack91 (Mon 13-Mar-17 12:04:42)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 13-Mar-17 12:19:07
Print Post

Presumably with a proper pay-off?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65702/13958Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Mon 13-Mar-17 12:25:51
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

It was a temp to perm job I took back in November once I'd had the confirmation I'd passed the assessment centre, was only supposed to bridge the gap to my start date with Open Reach. I'll just go back to an agency and ask for something very temporary. Posted it on here just as a heads up to any of the guys completing tasks, so if your employer doesn't already know you're leaving, they are checking references now!
Standard User MAT723
(learned) Mon 13-Mar-17 14:01:40
Print Post

[re: jordanglb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jordanglb:
Yeah, cheers for the Bolton update. Thats where ill be going. Spoke to an engineer who feels it may be an old bt fleet site in a place called breightmet. I live less than an hour away. Do you know if residential training is mandatory or can you travel home midweek.

Im interested in this answer as im scheduled there too and live 70 miles from there as do a lot of us from wrexham.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to