General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User helpoort
(committed) Thu 16-Mar-17 17:36:54
Print Post

General Broadband Chatter

[link to this post]

What on earth is this.
Is it some sort of cult thing.
Surely it should be shunted off to it's own channel.
I go to GBC and Immediately switch off, when I see what comes up.
Incredible it has been ALLOWED to continue for such a length of time.
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Thu 16-Mar-17 18:01:51
Print Post

Re: General Broadband Chatter

[re: helpoort] [link to this post]

No one forces you to read threads.

Ignore the ones you're not interested in.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 16-Mar-17 18:23:12
Print Post

An undefined "this".

Wonderful.

Why didn't you select the "Rant" icon?

A useful service is being provided to a lot of people. Particularly the exchange of helpful information about Openreach contacts, recruitment procedures and so on. All things to do with their lives and careers.

Friendships are also being made, to strengthen when meeting up on courses and possibly later in their new jobs.

I'm pleased for them.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MC31
(regular) Thu 16-Mar-17 18:27:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Very well put , if OP does not like it just move on.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 16-Mar-17 18:30:17
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

The threads are long, but are closed periodically, and they do seem to be serving a purpose for those people, and its useful for everyone else to see the hoops getting recruited involves.

If we were inundated with recruitment drives from several operators and thus similar threads then a broadband/telecoms job discussion would appear.

As for the being annoyed part, probably no more so than the repetition of many other threads with similar topics.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 22:09:36
Print Post

The content of the posts? Seems fair enough to me. It can only help this forum to have more informed posters too.

The look of the board when you first view it? Looks really bad when viewed in expanded mode. If you try collapsed mode, it makes things easier to see ... and, it allows you to ignore threads easily too.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 17-Mar-17 00:41:09
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Yes, that thought, wondering if the OP is using expanded mode, occurred to me earlier, then I got into my own problems and forgot.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
  Print Thread

Jump to