General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jimgb17
(regular) Fri 24-Mar-17 21:05:17
Print Post

Move Drop Wire from one Pole to another

[link to this post]

Hi i would like to move my phone line dropwire to a different pole at the front of my building instead of the a pole at the back i think i could cut out on some interference from lights at the back of our building the pole is connected to the same CAB my line is very noisy with loads of CRC i also think moving to this pole could make my line shorter

do you think Open Reach would be willing to do this and what would the charge be?

i would also need a new master socket installed.

Jimgb17
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(committed) Fri 24-Mar-17 21:29:40
Print Post

Re: Move Drop Wire from one Pole to another

[re: jimgb17] [link to this post]

If they do allow it, there'll be a hefty charge but I really can't see them moving your line unfortunately.

Edited by WilliamGrimsley (Fri 24-Mar-17 21:29:50)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Mar-17 23:29:43
Print Post

Simply put it wont happen.

Do you notice increase in errors when said lights are on?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jimgb17
(regular) Sat 25-Mar-17 00:09:08
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

The Lights are pir halowgen lights at the back of my building not our lights
i knotice the errors at night, i am stuck on INP:3.00 and SYNC:71042 ATTAIN:87721
I know my line can do the full 79.99 when on fastpath i have used my am radio and when the lights are on its the full HF radio spec is NUCKED! i have been on an inp of 8 and think it may happen again....
my stats are online mydslwebstats jimgb17

Jimgb17
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Sat 25-Mar-17 08:37:48
Print Post

Have you tried speaking with the owner of said lights? Perhaps pay towards the cost of changing them to LED and see if that makes a difference?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 25-Mar-17 08:52:11
Print Post

I reckon that if you order a shift of line from the CP stating quite clearly that you wish the line to be provided from DPxxx and are happy to pay, then they should raise the order for you.

I daresay it's gonna cost a fair bit though .... and this kind of thing often triggers odd ceases on associated xDSL services.

Would it be easier to order a whole new line and VDSL on that ?

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 25-Mar-17 09:18:28
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Custom Network Rearrangement is possible, but means footing the full bill yourself

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Nightglow
(member) Sat 25-Mar-17 12:17:59
Print Post

Had my drop line moved from a front a front pole to a rear pole on 6th december 2014.
My connection was terrible, frequent dropping, low speed,a lot of alumimum cable, took quite a few letters to to OR/BT & ceo Sir Mike Rake, before two engineers turned up & did the work.
DSL checker estimated 54Mb, but I was getting from 9Mb on a bad day to 24Mb on a good day, only a few times did I ever get near the estimated speed, but being moved to the rear pole I now get around 75Mb, work was all free.

Edited by Nightglow (Sat 25-Mar-17 12:45:06)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 25-Mar-17 15:43:50
Print Post

[re: Nightglow] [link to this post]

Uplifting a poor VDSL2 line to decent speeds (i.e. well below estimate) is different to moving what looks otherwise to be a good line.

Perfect world they'd be out there doing these sort of optimisations for everyone

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(committed) Sat 25-Mar-17 16:44:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well, they should. This country's network infrastructure is still a shambles especially compared to the likes of Romania where most places have had access to 1 Gbps both ways for years.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to