General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Sat 08-Apr-17 20:47:55
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7

[re: Realist] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Realist:
Did my Assessment in Bristol on the 5th and 2hrs later received the em ail saying......

Thank you for taking the time to come to our recent assessment centre.

We're sorry to tell you that, after careful consideration, we're unable to offer you a position on our Apprentice programme this year.

In a few days you'll receive a detailed feedback report regarding your Assessment Centre performance.

We're sorry that this will not be the outcome you’d have wanted We really appreciate the time and effort you’ve invested in the recruitment process, and we wish you every success with your search for the right position.

Please feel free to visit the BT Careers website to see if there are any other future vacancies which may be of interest.

Best wishes

BT Apprentice Recruitment Team

Disappointed.

Sorry to hear this mate, I've been following your posts on here and with how things were going for you, I thought you had the job tbh :/

I passed my video interview and found your advice to be helpful. How long did you wait until you was given your assessment date ?

Where did you feel you didn't succeed in the assessment ? Perhaps with their feedback you can challenge it again
Standard User Realist
(member) Sat 08-Apr-17 21:09:51
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

Not received any feedback as yet not holding my breath.

The assessment was basic, quick but long winded and all along they kept saying the jobs yours you just have to pass the exams today.

Its disappointing when you go all that way and get thrown out in the trash but I think it may be an omen and I'll stay where I am for a while.
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Sat 08-Apr-17 22:02:11
Print Post

[re: Burty27] [link to this post]

Burty27 any update on your first week mate.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Sun 09-Apr-17 12:04:50
Print Post

[re: Realist] [link to this post]

Sorry to hear that mate frown I honestly thought you were the only one in a winning position to get the job as you were most experienced.

When you say Exam are we talking about the English and Maths Tests or the whole interview process?

Only thing worrying me is the age factor, i'm in my early 40's. I'm just curious, are they recruiting young guns?

I am still waiting for my assessment dates. I completed the video interview on 27/03 and received the video interview results on friday 31/03/17, saying i was successful. Since then i have had no further communications.
Standard User Dixi2u
(regular) Sun 09-Apr-17 15:45:12
Print Post

[re: pythonz] [link to this post]

No, I start in 2 weeks and am early 50's
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Sun 09-Apr-17 16:12:50
Print Post

[re: Dixi2u] [link to this post]

I'm late 40's and start 8th May.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Sun 09-Apr-17 16:31:46
Print Post

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dixi2u:
No, I start in 2 weeks and am early 50's

In reply to a post by Hoss28:
I'm late 40's and start 8th May.

Thanks Chaps. Puts me at ease that there is no age discrimination. I just hope i get dates for assessment centre sometime this week.

Edited by pythonz (Sun 09-Apr-17 16:32:22)

Standard User Kirky89
(learned) Sun 09-Apr-17 18:58:15
Print Post

Hi everyone just another question for some of the guys that already work for OR how's does the holiday entitlement work is it done by hours? Also can you buy more holiday and If so how does that work?
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Sun 09-Apr-17 19:22:02
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

Anyone who started the course last week got any feedback for those who are waiting to start the course. Any morsels would be appreciated.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Sun 09-Apr-17 20:08:29
Print Post

I did and passed my vid interview close to you and still not heard anything. keep me posted once you hear something and I'll do the same smile

Good luck, hopefully we both get a date soon
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to