General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gouledw
(regular) Sun 09-Apr-17 22:37:59
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

Holiday works in hours. And you can't buy holiday as such. There is unpaid leave and special leave. And say for example you work a 4 day week and your day off falls on a bank holiday the company will give you a day back in a sense as annual leave.
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Mon 10-Apr-17 08:54:04
Print Post

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kirky89:
Hi everyone just another question for some of the guys that already work for OR how's does the holiday entitlement work is it done by hours? Also can you buy more holiday and If so how does that work?

Many years it has also been possible to carry forward 5 days (roughly that anyway), which is handy. I've never had problems getting holidays I've wanted and I tend to take long 3 week (or more) holidays when I go abroad.

In reply to a post by mckeo5514:
Are you the BT rep on here?

He's just trying to help you not get in trouble. Same as me when I mentioned about being very careful about what you do with your van.

In reply to a post by gouledw:
They don't like any of us going to the Ex for any reason!

Well that depends on the manager, for most it's no big deal. Don't take the mick and it's fine.

Edited by Icaras (Mon 10-Apr-17 08:57:49)

Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Mon 10-Apr-17 11:45:28
Print Post

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

Received my final confirmation from them this morning that all my checks had been done, had all my managers details on there too and my employee number.

Original application was April last year, so this has been quite a journey!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Mon 10-Apr-17 12:30:47
Print Post

I start 22nd and I received my email today smile so relieved I can hand in my notice with confidence now. Look forward to meeting some of you guys on the 22nd. Ill be based at GBR Rusholme ATE and after initial week at Yarnfield ill be training at Bolton.

Edited by ShavedApe (Mon 10-Apr-17 16:01:34)

Standard User Hoss28
(member) Mon 10-Apr-17 14:29:43
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

What did your email say??they are just checking my rights to work.ive applied for disclosure (before been told to) as takes 14 days to come!not had any contract etc and start on 8th May.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Mon 10-Apr-17 15:59:00
Print Post

My email was quite a long email with the contract at the end, lots of info about the job and where ill be based, holiday entitlement etc. The was no link as such but there was an accept or decline offer at the bottom. Once I clicked that the heading changed to thank you for accepting or something like that. When I went to the Taleo site everything had changed. The page itself has a menu down the left hand side which are basically my tasks to complete. I have done most of those now smile

There is a little info on there about a new starters page I can visit which I will do later today.

There was an email account which may be helpful to you if you are having issues bt.apprenticeships@bt.com it basically says any problems or questions contact them there.

Sorry I can't be of any more help than that I hope you get it sorted.

I will say I sent an email to the lady that sent my Assessment details email asking where my offer email was (slightly more politely than that of course.) she replied today saying that a number of use had been listed for the team to send out contracts shortly and then a few hours later there it was.

*edit* I just tried going directly to the Taleo website and it looks normal so I double checked the email and there is a link there https://bt.taleo.net/careersection/myprocesses.ftl?l...
It asks you to log in with your taleo info unless you havent signed your contract online in which case it says to say you forgot your password.
I'm going to assume even if the link is meant for me you'll be redirected to yours.

Edited by ShavedApe (Mon 10-Apr-17 16:30:25)

Standard User Hoss28
(member) Mon 10-Apr-17 18:16:18
Print Post

Cheers for info,much appreciated!hopefully mine will come this week
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Mon 10-Apr-17 20:07:52
Print Post

What's their pension scheme like? Can anyone shed some light please

Thank you
Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Mon 10-Apr-17 20:54:17
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

Try this for an indication
https://www.btretirementsavingscheme.com/bt/joining-...
You automatically pay 5% and Openreach pay 8%
If you up your contributions they increase there's
6% they pay 8.5%
7% they pay 9%

Edited by Firsttwodie (Mon 10-Apr-17 22:19:31)

Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 01:10:17
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

Had you already completed some tasks when you got this email?
I have completed some tasks but haven't been asked for clothing sizes or driving licence check so I'm wondering if that will come later.
Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to