General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 08:14:54
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7

[re: Firsttwodie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Firsttwodie:
Try this for an indication
https://www.btretirementsavingscheme.com/bt/joining-...
You automatically pay 5% and Openreach pay 8%
If you up your contributions they increase there's
6% they pay 8.5%
7% they pay 9%

Thanks mate smile
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 09:46:03
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

Just had an conformation for my assessment date smile

Is it best to wear a 3 piece suite or just a 2 ?

Any help and advice is much appreciated
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Tue 11-Apr-17 10:48:38
Print Post

Can never be to smart! I wore a shirt and tie, others at my assement day wore full suit.
I would have worn a suit if I had one.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Tue 11-Apr-17 11:27:07
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

Just Got my train times and spoke about the training.
first week at yarnfield but staying in a hotel because the centre is fully booked, then second week staying in yarnfield. then two weeks in Cardiff, then out buddying for 8 weeks! so only 4 weeks away by the looks of things!
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 11:27:17
Print Post

Personally I would say shirt and tie for sure, Some at my assessment wore a suit but the moment we went into a room to start they told us to put our jackets on the back of the chair and relax. So while sure a suit is considered smart so is a shirt and tie, don't turn up in jeans and a t shirt and you'll probably be fine.

Edited by ShavedApe (Tue 11-Apr-17 12:07:19)

Standard User Kirky89
(learned) Tue 11-Apr-17 11:42:38
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Personally I would say shirt and tie for sure there where some at my assessment that wore a suit but the moment we went into a room to start they told us to put our jackets on the back of the chair and relax. So while sure a suit is considered smart so is a shirt and tie, dont turn up in jeans and a t shirt and youll probably be fine.

It's all about first impressions and how you present yourself at the end of the day it's a job interview so you should always go in selling yourself as much as you can . If I was interviewing I would be thinking if they turn up like this to a interview what do they think is acceptable to turn up to a customer like
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 12:12:18
Print Post

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

A shirt and tie worked fine for me, making a good impression is important but both a suit and or a shirt and tie will do that for you.

I only wore a shirt and tie and I start 22nd May can't say what others wore who got an offer but I will say this the first impression is only a small part of what's required and so long you dress smartly a good first impression is usually made.

I never said he shouldn't be smart just pointed out that shirt and tie was perfectly okay.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 12:41:47
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Thanks everyone for your help with replying. I don't think a shirt and tie will hinder my chances but I prefer a full suit if I'm honest smile Just didn't want to go fully suited and be the odd one out so thanks for clearing that up for me.

From what I have read from here, I understand we have to wire a plug, sit an english and maths test and have 2 interviews if I'm correct ? anything else missing
(member) Tue 11-Apr-17 12:49:48
Print Post

I think its changed slightly since I had mine but it was wire a plug, colour blind test and two interviews. no english or maths test.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 14:01:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by Dippa:
Thanks everyone for your help with replying. I don't think a shirt and tie will hinder my chances but I prefer a full suit if I'm honest smile Just didn't want to go fully suited and be the odd one out so thanks for clearing that up for me.

From what I have read from here, I understand we have to wire a plug, sit an english and maths test and have 2 interviews if I'm correct ? anything else missing

Basically there is a presentation first then you have in no particular order the colour blind test, wire a plug, 2 interviews and maths and english test. The plug and the colour blind test are together that is to say you go to that wire the plug then when you've done that you are tested for colour blindness.
Maths and English tests are also done at the same time everyone sat at laptop, nothing too strenuous but if like me and no doubt many others the last time you did a maths test was at school then it doesn't hurt to brush up on your knowledge.

Edited by ShavedApe (Tue 11-Apr-17 14:15:02)

Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to