General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 14:15:17
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
In reply to a post by Dippa:
Thanks everyone for your help with replying. I don't think a shirt and tie will hinder my chances but I prefer a full suit if I'm honest smile Just didn't want to go fully suited and be the odd one out so thanks for clearing that up for me.

From what I have read from here, I understand we have to wire a plug, sit an english and maths test and have 2 interviews if I'm correct ? anything else missing

Basically there is a presentation first then you have in no particular order the colour blind test, wire a plug, 2 interviews and maths and english test. The plug and the colour blind test are together that is to say you go to that wire the plug then when you've done that you are tested for colour blindness.
Maths and English tests are also done at the same time everyone sat at laptop, nothing too strenuous but if like me and no many others the last time you did a maths test was at school then it doesn't hurt to brush up on your knowledge.

Thanks ShavedApe smile

I better get prepared and start practicing then lol Do you remember if the tests were timed or not ?

Thanks again for all your help
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 23:02:37
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

Yes the maths and english test are both 40 minutes long, the assessor said it wasn't a pass or fail but doesn't hurt to do well I would of thought.
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Wed 12-Apr-17 07:32:32
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Anyone who started the course last/this week got any feedback for those who are waiting to start the course. Any morsels would be appreciated.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 12-Apr-17 11:43:06
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

Is are anyone starting 8th May and still waiting for e mail with tasks to do and contract?I've ended up doing disclosure of Scotland myself as told could take up to 14 days to arrive!
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Wed 12-Apr-17 12:07:13
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

This might be a daft question, but does anyone know how it works regarding no claims bonus on the insurance? I'm giving up my car as we will get a van, and also have access to my wife's motor outside work, I'm just a bit wary about losing my no claims, should I need to buy a car again in future.
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 12-Apr-17 12:24:07
Print Post

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

Contact your present Car Insurer; and ask for a statement particularly regarding your No Claims Bonus.

----------

From the experience of colleagues, be extremely wary about using the BT Van for any other purpose than BT/OR work.

One had a minor accident when doing some voluntary work in retirement.

His Insurers refused to cover that Claim, as he did not have Business coverage.

He asked if this lack of Business Cover excluded any other uses.

He was informed that if he carried his grand-children to and from school on a regular basis, those journeys and similar would not be covered.

The rest of us doing similar voluntary work, had to have our Car Insurances checked; and in some cases Business Use added.

I would also be wary of carrying non-BT workers in the allocated van; and it may be worth enquiring about BT Contractor staff, such as Kelly.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 12-Apr-17 12:36:26
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

Contract etc all through Now!! !
Standard User Carver
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 13:40:31
Print Post

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

There seems to be a lot of start dates in May. I have been given the 21st August to start - is there anyone else with a similar start date?
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 14:40:41
Print Post

[re: Carver] [link to this post]

Has anyone had their assessment centre in the past few weeks? What were the 2 interviews like? Thx for any input
Standard User Kirky89
(learned) Wed 12-Apr-17 15:59:20
Print Post

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

Hi I'm sure I've asked before or someone has but in terms of the colleague benefits does anyone who's already started know when that's available to new colleagues in terms of the free broadband and how much BT vision is
Pages in this thread: << 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to