General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 17:57:05
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Johnsmic:
This might be a daft question, but does anyone know how it works regarding no claims bonus on the insurance? I'm giving up my car as we will get a van, and also have access to my wife's motor outside work, I'm just a bit wary about losing my no claims, should I need to buy a car again in future.

Ex driving instructor here so I have somewhat of a clue, Basically your no claims will only last 2 years at last check after that you lose anything you have regardless of how much you had.
You can say you have been using a company vehicle which of course you will have been doing but you'll need to provide evidence. Which usually means contacting someone at head office and getting a statement of some sort. I'm speaking generally here I have no idea if Openreach supply this or who you contact at OR I just know its likely to work that way based on experience and previous knowledge.

Not all insurers will care and if they do it will likely not generate the same kind of discount a no claims would.

To be perfectly honest though a no claims doesn't help much these days since they put their prices up each year its rare you save very much its just good for them to make it look like you did wink
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:05:39
Print Post

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by davek19:
Has anyone had their assessment centre in the past few weeks? What were the 2 interviews like? Thx for any input

Roughly 2 or 3 weeks ago mine, the interviews where pretty relaxed affair one has I think it was 4 or 5 questions and 1 was just 2 questions the 2 questions where about safety and complience, I cant really rememeber the questions its all a bit of blur really but one was about dealing with an angry customer, I was asked something along the lines of why I would be good at the job? and also what kind of challenges did I think I would face. They like to delve a little deeper into some answers so best advice is dont BS them unless you can back it up. Be yourself but sell yourself, customer service matters and safety matters.

In reply to a post by Kirky89:
Hi I'm sure I've asked before or someone has but in terms of the colleague benefits does anyone who's already started know when that's available to new colleagues in terms of the free broadband and how much BT vision is

My contract and additional terms state that benefits are available from the start but it may take a few weeks for you to be uploaded to the system properly. Price I have no idea other than at my assessment they said it was free but for the initial payment of 1 whole pound.

Edited by ShavedApe (Wed 12-Apr-17 18:07:15)

Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:06:02
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7 *DELETED*

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

Post deleted by ShavedApe

Edited by ShavedApe (Wed 12-Apr-17 18:06:26)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User davek19
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:10:45
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Have you heard back if you were successful?
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:11:47
Print Post

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hoss28:
Contract etc all through Now!! !

Awesome news man I can imagine its a huge relief in fact I know it is I didnt wait anywhere near as long as you.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:13:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by davek19:
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Have you heard back if you were successful?

Yes mate I start 22nd may contract done and all tasks done so now just waiting on them checking my references and setting up my travel but they have a few weeks yet smile
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:16:46
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Wow that's a quick turnaround! Congrats and all the best
Standard User harryvw
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:53:42
Print Post

I had my assessment day in Sevenoaks on 21st March for a trainee engineer role and found out last Friday I had been successful! I was told that the next start date would be 7th August and I would receive my contract in June some time... cant wait to start!
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:55:06
Print Post

[re: harryvw] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by harryvw:
I had my assessment day in Sevenoaks on 21st March for a trainee engineer role and found out last Friday I had been successful! I was told that the next start date would be 7th August and I would receive my contract in June some time... cant wait to start!

Congrats man and good luck.
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:56:39
Print Post

[re: harryvw] [link to this post]

That's a long summer for you then! Can you recall if the interview was a general interview or more technically focused?
Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to