General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Apr-17 07:16:03
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

Whilst fully appreciating and accepting the content of your posting, I have on one occasion encountered a Kelly employee actually driving a BT Openreach van, totally on his own.

He told me he had been asked by BT-OR to do certain tasks, which Kelly don't normally carry out; resulting in his being given the BT-OR van, which had the required equipment on board.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Fri 14-Apr-17 12:24:45
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

For the assessment, how basic is the english and maths test ?

I understand it has a bit of everything, fractions, decimals etc but how simple are they ? are we looking at mixed numbers, improper fractions, fraction arithmetic and so on ?

If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it smile
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Fri 14-Apr-17 13:05:27
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

only a bit of calculus II smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Fri 14-Apr-17 16:17:34
Print Post

Been away couldn't login.Finally, last week I got my assessment date. smile

For those of you, who already been, were you able to find car parking facilities at the Norwich assessment centre ? (Carrow Road Stadium, Carrow Rd, Norwich NR1 1JE) otherwise i'll take the train down to Norwich.

drifter219 mate how did your assessment go last week ? I hope you were successful.

In reply to a post by mckeo5514:
only a bit of calculus II smile

I hope your joking lol
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Apr-17 16:36:29
Print Post

Sorry Dippa - now in my ninth decade so far removed from such tests and interviews!!
Standard User MC31
(member) Fri 14-Apr-17 22:43:25
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mckeo5514:
Theyre gonna have fun with my van then as my carpark is underground so the tracking signal will disapear every day

If the van fits the tracker takes about 5min to cut in anyway. So if a manager tells you are leaving home 2 or 3 min late he is BS ing you , ask him to prove it !

As someone else has rightly said the van is 100% works use only.Stopping off when on route to get a drink , food , cigarettes ect should be ok , doing a weekly shop no. Also all vans are no smoking.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Fri 14-Apr-17 22:49:13
Print Post

The system apparently is able to set it to your level you do an initial assessment then the main assessment. We were told more than once its not a pass or fail its more to see where you are up to.
We were also told that we wouldnt all do the same test but the guy next to sure looked like he was doing the same one as me.

I would say it was relatively basic though nothing too technical.

Edited by ShavedApe (Sat 15-Apr-17 01:34:32)

Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Sat 15-Apr-17 08:26:25
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Anyone who started the course over the last few weeks got any feedback for those who are waiting to start the course. Any morsels would be appreciated.
Standard User colinm89
(newbie) Sat 15-Apr-17 19:42:56
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

What kind of questions do you get asked on the different interviews?

I have a decent knowledge(I think) of Openreach, what they do etc. Will that be enough for the interview or will I need to know more? I just out of the forces so haven't done an interview in a long time and I'm starting to panic!

Any help appreciated

Edited by colinm89 (Sat 15-Apr-17 19:44:27)

Standard User koolmhan
(newbie) Sat 15-Apr-17 20:32:41
Print Post

[re: pythonz] [link to this post]

Interview will be held at the Norwich Football Stadium and there is free parking outside the stadium car park.There will be loads of empty parking space so just give urself enough time to get there and please don't be late as they will cancel your application when you are.
There will be 12 people at the assessment.You will get your fotos taken than be asked to go to a bar for a brief.After the brief you will divided into groups.
4 pple will go for an interview.
4 pple will do the wiring of a plug followed by a colour blind test.You will be given a cable and ask to show orange/black wire etc.
4 pple will do the maths n eng test.40 mins each.
1st Interview was 25-30 mins.
You walk into this office and need to run a cable into that corner.What should you do?Think safety and ask the customer if he is happy about ur plan.
2nd Interview 20-25mins
How shud you deal with a irate customer?
Maths Test 40 mins
addition,finding mean and other basics, easy but it is timed so do not spend alot of time on a single question
English Test 40mins
Spelling,Punctuation marks,be given an article n question will be based on it,aslo timed so if dont know answer mark n move on.
Both test are not pass or fail.They just wana check what level u are in.

Wait for a max 5 days to get a rply from them.Hopefully this helps and all the Best in ur Assessment.
Pages in this thread: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to