General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User drifter219
(newbie) Fri 31-Mar-17 16:42:23
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7

[re: pythonz] [link to this post]

Mine took 8 working days to get a reply from OR (email confirming i passed the video interview received on 17/03/17, email confirming the date for my assessment received on 29/03/17). My Assessment is on 05/04/17 at Norwich (0830-1230). I've got exactly 1 week to prepare for the assessment. Hope that answers your question.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Fri 31-Mar-17 17:06:24
Print Post

[re: drifter219] [link to this post]

Many thanks mate you answered all my questions. last year i missed out on the assessment centre places which were being held in ipswich due to limited number of candidates they were taking on. I had to reapply again this year to get to this stage once again.

Many thanks for the info
Standard User drifter219
(newbie) Fri 31-Mar-17 17:14:25
Print Post

No worries pal. Hopefully we do get lucky this time around. Will post what to expect on Assessment day on Wednesday afternoon next week.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jayd118
(newbie) Fri 31-Mar-17 17:20:31
Print Post

Sounds like everyone gets the same email. Ive Just had my assessment date through today wed 12th April in Birmingham.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Fri 31-Mar-17 18:19:46
Print Post

[re: drifter219] [link to this post]

Thanks, that would be very helpful mate.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Sat 01-Apr-17 01:52:28
Print Post

So I went to an assessment at Yarnfield on Wednesday am, was a pretty relaxed atmosphere considering the reason we were all there. Everyone is friendly and welcoming can't really remember the questions I was asked to be honest all a bit of a blur that bit, I am praying I did enough to get the job but who knows.

I remember being asked how I would deal with an irate customer so that was one of them. They seem to like delving deeper into the answers you give, one interview was about safety and compliance and the other I really cant remember. One interview is just 2 questions while one is a 3 or 4 I think as I say all a bit of blur.

They were keen to let you know they where not looking to trip anyone up and just to be yourself and give it 200% I do hope I did but I guess I will see soon enough. They said they would be in touch either way within 5 working days so until then I guess I will have to simply cross my fingers and anything else I can.

I had to wire a plug all tools provided and do a colour blind test which is basically picking wires that are in pairs in the colour he/she asks.

The Maths and English assessment is done at a laptop and if a question would require a calculator the website/app provides one. The guy controlling that side of things did say it wasn't a pass or fail sort of thing though. Nothing too strenuous not everyone gets the same questions though as their system tests you first before giving you the actual assessment.

For those asking about the video interview questions I really cant remember those but they really weren't anything taxing at all.

The whole thing lasted just half a day from 8:15 ish to around 12:30.

Hope this helps some sorry I cant be of more help at this point I just want to know if I got the job or not its killing me not knowing either way.

Edited by ShavedApe (Sat 01-Apr-17 02:31:38)

Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Sat 01-Apr-17 07:23:08
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
The Maths and English assessment is done at a laptop and if a question would require a calculator the website/app provides one. The guy controlling that side of things did say it wasn't a pass or fail sort of thing though. Nothing too strenuous not everyone gets the same questions though as their system tests you first before giving you the actual assessment.

Just quick question to get heads up on the Maths and English assessments.

Is the test timed and do you remember how long ?

What kind of maths questions are they ? basic Multiplication and Division ? that you can do in your head

I hate percentages/fractions lol i hope they don't ask these.

English assessment - general spelling and grammer ??

Thankyou for your insight, i'm sure this information is very helpful to everyone going soon. And good luck getting the job.I'm sure you've done well.

Thank you for this information

Edited by pythonz (Sat 01-Apr-17 07:25:57)

Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Sat 01-Apr-17 12:30:48
Print Post

The english was yeah pretty much grammar, spelling and the like add capital letters commas etc. Or pick the correct word for the scenario, or simply choose the correct spelling.

The maths was a little bit of everything really there was a fractions / percentage / decimal table to fill in, there was a mean averages question, there was a decimal place multiplication question. There was a percentage question, you are given a pen and a piece of paper some of it is mental arithmetic some of it you'll need a calc for and some you'll need the paper for.

As I say though there is an initial assessment stage where the website decides the level you should be tested at so not everyone will face the same questions. Or at least that's what the website says anyway they use a site called forskills for the assessments.

The very best of luck to all I'm still waiting to hear but it is the weekend so to add to my misery 5 days becomes a potential 7 frown

Edited by ShavedApe (Sat 01-Apr-17 14:08:32)

Standard User davek19
(newbie) Sat 01-Apr-17 21:26:45
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

What was the dress code, Suit? Shirt and tie? Smart casual? Thx in advance
Standard User BothLegsDis
(regular) Sat 01-Apr-17 21:45:06
Print Post

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

Always a suit, you are selling yourself
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to