General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Mon 03-Apr-17 18:05:30
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

The wait between the assessment centre and finding out of you've been successful is normally right, being around a week, it's the wait from finding out and actually getting a job offer that's the killer, mine was almost 6 months. Not trying to be negative, just letting you know what to expect time frame wise. Things may have changed since, as I'm only speaking from personal experience.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Mon 03-Apr-17 18:10:32
Print Post

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

When I start on 8th May ,it is exactly one year since first applying!!!
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Mon 03-Apr-17 18:13:52
Print Post

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

Thanks just knowing I have been successful at this point would be nice but yeah thanks for the heads up and the reply.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bjt1992
(learned) Mon 03-Apr-17 18:37:45
Print Post

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

Haha I didn't think i applied that long ago until I checked last night .....

First applied in January 2016 !!! Assessment in November and then offered the same start as you on the 8th May but because of my holidays booked I'm now not starting till July 3rd !!

Think it might be a bit of a quicker turn around for the new guys applying though as the training scheme is confirmed and in place now the vacancies will be confirmed in each area aswel so will probably start banging people onto the intakes at the end of the summer perhaps.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Mon 03-Apr-17 20:21:23
Print Post

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

Some wait!!lol
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Mon 03-Apr-17 23:16:38
Print Post

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

21 months for me hoss
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Mon 03-Apr-17 23:19:10
Print Post

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

they almost postponed mine as im getting married on june 17th. i told them to do one as id waited long enough and its on a weekend anyway, and i couldnt afford honeymoon as they made me wait too long to start.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 12:57:25
Print Post

Got a phone call today to say I was successful and I will start at Yarnfield on the 22nd of May laughlaugh
So pleased I cant tell you how much.

I didnt get the persons name but she did say I wouldnt hear anything now until 6 weeks before and that would be my contract, then 2 weeks before for my train ticket.
Im wondering if she got her timings wrong because 6 weeks from now is the week before Im due to be at Yarnfield surely they'll want me to do my disclosure etc before then. I may have to email someone to see if they can clarify the situation a little for me.

Edited by ShavedApe (Tue 04-Apr-17 13:01:00)

Standard User jordanglb
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 13:01:34
Print Post

Well done Rob mitch 123 and shaved ape. I too start 22nd May so i shall see you there guys. Im then off to Bolton for training and then to be based in Oldham. Looking forward to it all.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 13:11:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Got a phone call today to say I was successful and I will start at Yarnfield on the 22nd of May laughlaugh
So pleased I cant tell you how much.

I didnt get the persons name but she did say I wouldnt hear anything now until 6 weeks before and that would be my contract, then 2 weeks before for my train ticket.
Im wondering if she got her timings wrong because 6 weeks from now is the week before Im due to be at Yarnfield surely they'll want me to do my disclosure etc before then. I may have to email someone to see if they can clarify the situation a little for me.

Congratz mate! How long did you have to wait once you received the email saying you was successful with your vid interview ?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to