General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 13:56:24
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

Think it was only a couple of days to be fair seems like they may of improved the recruitment process compared to what some have had to go through or maybe I was just lucky.

I too will be at Yarnfield first week then Bolton after that but i also applied for Astley Bridge Bolton so I am hoping thats where I will be based.

I got some clarification on the timescale a lovely lady Jennifer called me back after I emailed her to tell me that it wasn't 6 weeks wait but in fact within 6 weeks which is good news because I know the Scottish Disclosure can be slow.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 14:25:20
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Congratulations and well done mate well deserved job opportunity.

Also Good luck tomorrow drifter219 on your assessment day. I'm sure you will be fine.
Standard User drifter219
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 14:45:13
Print Post

[re: pythonz] [link to this post]

Cheers pal.Hopefully yours won't be a long wait before you get your dates for assessment

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Tue 04-Apr-17 15:01:19
Print Post

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by davek19:
Anyone spoken to any current Openreach engineers? How realistic are the targets you need to hit? How heavy is the workload?

How about this one?

Workload is fine, I actually think they push you more initially when you go onto one of the new starter teams. After about two years you should get moved onto one of the local teams, and upskilled.

Once you're fully multi-skilled (underground, broadband etc), you should really be doing 4 or 5 jobs most days and that's definitely achieveable. However with them being faults, some days you might only do two if you get a difficult one. As long as you are where you're supposed to be and you do all of the testing that's required on the lines you'll be fine.
Standard User Dslammer
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 15:45:10
Print Post

[re: jordanglb] [link to this post]

Can someone check their contract to see what the probation period is. I understand anyone that started a year ago has had the probation period extended by another 12 months.

That means the probation period is 24 months?
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 16:44:33
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Tue 04-Apr-17 17:15:09
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

12 month probation mate, there's always an option for them to extend that though.
Standard User Robmitch123
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 18:57:08
Print Post

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

Congrats to you guys I had a message to say contracts for may starters will be sent from Wednesday onwards as for the disclosure it doesn't take to long think mine took about a week to come back
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Tue 04-Apr-17 19:10:06
Print Post

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

Did you e mail them and ask?hopefully get mine soon then
Standard User Robmitch123
(learned) Tue 04-Apr-17 20:48:47
Print Post

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

I did hoss mate got a reply to say contract would be going out as of tomorrow for may starters as ever can take a bit of time to get through but all is good
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to