General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Mar-17 17:06:29
Print Post

Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7

[link to this post]

Continue the discussions, last post in previous thread is at http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/t/4537726-o...

Closing long threads is normal, it keeps the forum a bit more manageable for people visiting

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 29-Mar-17 19:29:14
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

How long did you wait for your contract to come through?
Standard User BothLegsDis
(regular) Wed 29-Mar-17 20:53:57
Print Post

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

I got an email asking for a copy of my passport, again. This was given on assessment day. Couple of days later got about 5 emails including contract, tasks...etc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 29-Mar-17 20:55:21
Print Post

[re: BothLegsDis] [link to this post]

I've not got a passport!! !lol
(regular) Wed 29-Mar-17 21:00:38
Print Post

If no passport it asks for driving licence, full birth cert and other stuff...cant remember
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 29-Mar-17 21:03:43
Print Post

Yeah I remember giving all that to them at assessment
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Wed 29-Mar-17 23:32:32
Print Post

Did my video interview last week, just got my email from them saying I passed that stage. Well chuffed because I didn't feel to confident with my interview at all!

We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening. We’re progressing your application for the Trainee Openreach Engineer position to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre.
Standard User engima
(newbie) Thu 30-Mar-17 10:01:42
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

Can you remember the video interview questions?
Standard User drifter219
(newbie) Thu 30-Mar-17 11:09:32
Print Post

Got an Assessment on Wednesday(5th April) at Norwich.Anyone else going on the same date.
Any tips from all those who have attended would very much be appreciated.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Thu 30-Mar-17 15:50:44
Print Post

[re: engima] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by engima:
Can you remember the video interview questions?

I don't if I'm honest, you only have 5 though but I found it to be difficult with it being so different!

If I remember correctly they were job specific questions and some about customer service
Standard User Jayd118
(newbie) Thu 30-Mar-17 18:00:22
Print Post

Had the same message this morning very happy!! Wait now until I get a date for the assessment date !
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Thu 30-Mar-17 19:17:37
Print Post

[re: Jayd118] [link to this post]

When your contract etc comes through,do you need to scan and email certain stuff back?hoping mine comes soon
Standard User Bjt1992
(learned) Thu 30-Mar-17 19:59:53
Print Post

Just got the contract email today mate just sends you the link to go onto the online portal and then have to read a welcome letter then the contract and then there is the full contract terms and pension terms attached. Gave them a good read like and I've queried the references as I don't start until July 3rd and don't want my current employer getting a reference request and I'm out of a job for 3 months like what's happened to a few of the people on here.

Anyways when you get this email you just tick the agree at the bottom and put your name and email and hit submit. Presumably after this you'll then get the individual tasks etc to do. I got an email on Monday asking me to send a photo of passport, licence and NI number off so if you get that I'd expect the contract within a few days.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Thu 30-Mar-17 20:02:44
Print Post

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

Cheers for info
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Fri 31-Mar-17 13:10:30
Print Post

The only scanning I had to do was my passport and utility bill as proof of address. Just used a scan app on my phone.

I'd get your disclosure Scotland done ASAP though, as that can take a couple of weeks to turn around if they are busy. Especially if your starting at the beginning of May mate.
(regular) Fri 31-Mar-17 13:57:14
Print Post

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

Did mine last Friday, it came today laugh
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Fri 31-Mar-17 16:12:07
Print Post

What link do you go on for that?I've not heard anything since last Friday from Openreach.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Fri 31-Mar-17 16:17:34
Print Post

I did my video interview on Monday 27th March and Just got my confirmation this afternoon that i have passed my video interview smile well chuffed as i didn't think i did too well looking at a laptop screen, very strange experience.

"We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening. We’re progressing your application for the Trainee Openreach Engineer position to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre."

within the email they also mentioned the following:

"Our assessment centres take place between March and August. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it’s not possible for us to invite all candidates who reach this stage to attend an assessment centre. We invite candidates to an assessment centre based on how well they have done in the earlier parts of the application process and how much of a match they are for the roles we have available."

Has every recieved the same inital email when they passed their video interview?

How long do you have to wait before you get the next email with dates for assessment centre?

Thanks

Edited by pythonz (Fri 31-Mar-17 16:21:18)

(regular) Fri 31-Mar-17 16:21:09
Print Post

It only takes a week to do all your tasks so don't worry, it'll come
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Fri 31-Mar-17 16:36:38
Print Post

Cheers
Standard User drifter219
(newbie) Fri 31-Mar-17 16:42:23
Print Post

[re: pythonz] [link to this post]

Mine took 8 working days to get a reply from OR (email confirming i passed the video interview received on 17/03/17, email confirming the date for my assessment received on 29/03/17). My Assessment is on 05/04/17 at Norwich (0830-1230). I've got exactly 1 week to prepare for the assessment. Hope that answers your question.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Fri 31-Mar-17 17:06:24
Print Post

[re: drifter219] [link to this post]

Many thanks mate you answered all my questions. last year i missed out on the assessment centre places which were being held in ipswich due to limited number of candidates they were taking on. I had to reapply again this year to get to this stage once again.

Many thanks for the info
Standard User drifter219
(newbie) Fri 31-Mar-17 17:14:25
Print Post

No worries pal. Hopefully we do get lucky this time around. Will post what to expect on Assessment day on Wednesday afternoon next week.
Standard User Jayd118
(newbie) Fri 31-Mar-17 17:20:31
Print Post

Sounds like everyone gets the same email. Ive Just had my assessment date through today wed 12th April in Birmingham.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Fri 31-Mar-17 18:19:46
Print Post

Thanks, that would be very helpful mate.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Sat 01-Apr-17 01:52:28
Print Post

So I went to an assessment at Yarnfield on Wednesday am, was a pretty relaxed atmosphere considering the reason we were all there. Everyone is friendly and welcoming can't really remember the questions I was asked to be honest all a bit of a blur that bit, I am praying I did enough to get the job but who knows.

I remember being asked how I would deal with an irate customer so that was one of them. They seem to like delving deeper into the answers you give, one interview was about safety and compliance and the other I really cant remember. One interview is just 2 questions while one is a 3 or 4 I think as I say all a bit of blur.

They were keen to let you know they where not looking to trip anyone up and just to be yourself and give it 200% I do hope I did but I guess I will see soon enough. They said they would be in touch either way within 5 working days so until then I guess I will have to simply cross my fingers and anything else I can.

I had to wire a plug all tools provided and do a colour blind test which is basically picking wires that are in pairs in the colour he/she asks.

The Maths and English assessment is done at a laptop and if a question would require a calculator the website/app provides one. The guy controlling that side of things did say it wasn't a pass or fail sort of thing though. Nothing too strenuous not everyone gets the same questions though as their system tests you first before giving you the actual assessment.

For those asking about the video interview questions I really cant remember those but they really weren't anything taxing at all.

The whole thing lasted just half a day from 8:15 ish to around 12:30.

Hope this helps some sorry I cant be of more help at this point I just want to know if I got the job or not its killing me not knowing either way.

Edited by ShavedApe (Sat 01-Apr-17 02:31:38)

Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Sat 01-Apr-17 07:23:08
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
The Maths and English assessment is done at a laptop and if a question would require a calculator the website/app provides one. The guy controlling that side of things did say it wasn't a pass or fail sort of thing though. Nothing too strenuous not everyone gets the same questions though as their system tests you first before giving you the actual assessment.

Just quick question to get heads up on the Maths and English assessments.

Is the test timed and do you remember how long ?

What kind of maths questions are they ? basic Multiplication and Division ? that you can do in your head

I hate percentages/fractions lol i hope they don't ask these.

English assessment - general spelling and grammer ??

Thankyou for your insight, i'm sure this information is very helpful to everyone going soon. And good luck getting the job.I'm sure you've done well.

Thank you for this information

Edited by pythonz (Sat 01-Apr-17 07:25:57)

Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Sat 01-Apr-17 12:30:48
Print Post

The english was yeah pretty much grammar, spelling and the like add capital letters commas etc. Or pick the correct word for the scenario, or simply choose the correct spelling.

The maths was a little bit of everything really there was a fractions / percentage / decimal table to fill in, there was a mean averages question, there was a decimal place multiplication question. There was a percentage question, you are given a pen and a piece of paper some of it is mental arithmetic some of it you'll need a calc for and some you'll need the paper for.

As I say though there is an initial assessment stage where the website decides the level you should be tested at so not everyone will face the same questions. Or at least that's what the website says anyway they use a site called forskills for the assessments.

The very best of luck to all I'm still waiting to hear but it is the weekend so to add to my misery 5 days becomes a potential 7 frown

Edited by ShavedApe (Sat 01-Apr-17 14:08:32)

Standard User davek19
(newbie) Sat 01-Apr-17 21:26:45
Print Post

What was the dress code, Suit? Shirt and tie? Smart casual? Thx in advance
(regular) Sat 01-Apr-17 21:45:06
Print Post

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

Always a suit, you are selling yourself
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Sat 01-Apr-17 22:32:31
Print Post

I wore a full suit for my assessment.
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Sat 01-Apr-17 22:47:40
Print Post

Thanks guys
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Sat 01-Apr-17 23:19:05
Print Post

Has anyone started their training yet,and how are you finding it?
Standard User Burty27
(learned) Sun 02-Apr-17 11:41:48
Print Post

Start at yarnfield in the morning!! Bit nervous now but excited to start. Will try keep you all updated as all knowledge helps.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Sun 02-Apr-17 12:17:50
Print Post

[re: Burty27] [link to this post]

Good luck mate.I start at Yarnfield on 8th May.
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Sun 02-Apr-17 16:10:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by davek19:
What was the dress code, Suit? Shirt and tie? Smart casual? Thx in advance

More important than you might think. I've seen people get chucked out of an assessment centre due to them arriving in tracksuits! I know that's an extreme example but it is important to wear a suit and tie.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Sun 02-Apr-17 16:57:07
Print Post

Thanks mate, your information is great help, i spend best part of today just revising on my maths especially areas where i'm not too comfortable like fractions and percentage even though i haven't recieved a date yet for assessment centre, with your information i can be atleast prepared.

Cheers
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Sun 02-Apr-17 18:01:16
Print Post

Good luck tomorrow pal, aye keep us posted!

I should have been tomorrow too but got a baby coming on the 10th so I'll be on the 8th of may one with you Hoss!
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Sun 02-Apr-17 18:03:11
Print Post

Anyone spoken to any current Openreach engineers? How realistic are the targets you need to hit? How heavy is the workload?
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Sun 02-Apr-17 19:03:29
Print Post

[re: Rickimcc78] [link to this post]

Soon be here pal!!
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Sun 02-Apr-17 20:42:37
Print Post

Defo mate it's flying in
Standard User JimbooSWE
(newbie) Sun 02-Apr-17 21:42:20
Print Post

Hi, just recently got an email back saying I have passed the video interview but they are unable to progress my application any further as they don’t have any vacancies available where I live.

Presumably as the recruitment is on going until October and the campaign has only just started they just aren't ready for assessments in my area (Cornwall) or I have a missed the boat this year?
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Sun 02-Apr-17 22:24:24
Print Post

Are you just at Yarnfield for the first week (like me).I'm at Livingston for the other 7 weeks then with a buddy for 4 weeks.
Standard User Robmitch123
(newbie) Mon 03-Apr-17 11:04:24
Print Post

Hi everyone
Got start date an done my tasks online anyone know do you get a notification to acknowledge all has gone through ok wanna hand my notice in at my current job but concerned maybe my start date will be pushed back an I'll end up jobless
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Mon 03-Apr-17 11:09:26
Print Post

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

When do you start?I'm still waiting for my contract etc..said was doing them in start order.
(newbie) Mon 03-Apr-17 11:57:16
Print Post

My start date is 22nd of may I thought I had my contract already when I was sent the tasks
(regular) Mon 03-Apr-17 12:00:50
Print Post

Your contract has your start date on
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Mon 03-Apr-17 16:20:54
Print Post

I'm the same mate
Standard User Dslammer
(newbie) Mon 03-Apr-17 17:39:08
Print Post

As soon as you return the documents and complete the tasks, BT ask for your references. I have five weeks to go and they have already asked for my references.

U will need to make the judgement call, this is a sausage machine process with no allowance for personal circumstances.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Mon 03-Apr-17 17:43:41
Print Post

Quick question for the guys who now have a start date. I have been reading back over this and earlier threads and can see some of you where kept waiting before you heard if you had the job or not and for me at the moment its day 3 technically 5 with the weekend but who's counting wink Where you told within the 5 days as suggested at the assessment or did it take longer?
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Mon 03-Apr-17 18:05:30
Print Post

The wait between the assessment centre and finding out of you've been successful is normally right, being around a week, it's the wait from finding out and actually getting a job offer that's the killer, mine was almost 6 months. Not trying to be negative, just letting you know what to expect time frame wise. Things may have changed since, as I'm only speaking from personal experience.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Mon 03-Apr-17 18:10:32
Print Post

When I start on 8th May ,it is exactly one year since first applying!!!
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Mon 03-Apr-17 18:13:52
Print Post

Thanks just knowing I have been successful at this point would be nice but yeah thanks for the heads up and the reply.
Standard User Bjt1992
(learned) Mon 03-Apr-17 18:37:45
Print Post

Haha I didn't think i applied that long ago until I checked last night .....

First applied in January 2016 !!! Assessment in November and then offered the same start as you on the 8th May but because of my holidays booked I'm now not starting till July 3rd !!

Think it might be a bit of a quicker turn around for the new guys applying though as the training scheme is confirmed and in place now the vacancies will be confirmed in each area aswel so will probably start banging people onto the intakes at the end of the summer perhaps.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Mon 03-Apr-17 20:21:23
Print Post

Some wait!!lol
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Mon 03-Apr-17 23:16:38
Print Post

21 months for me hoss
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Mon 03-Apr-17 23:19:10
Print Post

they almost postponed mine as im getting married on june 17th. i told them to do one as id waited long enough and its on a weekend anyway, and i couldnt afford honeymoon as they made me wait too long to start.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 12:57:25
Print Post

Got a phone call today to say I was successful and I will start at Yarnfield on the 22nd of May laughlaugh
So pleased I cant tell you how much.

I didnt get the persons name but she did say I wouldnt hear anything now until 6 weeks before and that would be my contract, then 2 weeks before for my train ticket.
Im wondering if she got her timings wrong because 6 weeks from now is the week before Im due to be at Yarnfield surely they'll want me to do my disclosure etc before then. I may have to email someone to see if they can clarify the situation a little for me.

Edited by ShavedApe (Tue 04-Apr-17 13:01:00)

Standard User jordanglb
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 13:01:34
Print Post

Well done Rob mitch 123 and shaved ape. I too start 22nd May so i shall see you there guys. Im then off to Bolton for training and then to be based in Oldham. Looking forward to it all.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 13:11:07
Print Post

Got a phone call today to say I was successful and I will start at Yarnfield on the 22nd of May laughlaugh
So pleased I cant tell you how much.

I didnt get the persons name but she did say I wouldnt hear anything now until 6 weeks before and that would be my contract, then 2 weeks before for my train ticket.
Im wondering if she got her timings wrong because 6 weeks from now is the week before Im due to be at Yarnfield surely they'll want me to do my disclosure etc before then. I may have to email someone to see if they can clarify the situation a little for me.

Congratz mate! How long did you have to wait once you received the email saying you was successful with your vid interview ?
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 13:56:24
Print Post

Think it was only a couple of days to be fair seems like they may of improved the recruitment process compared to what some have had to go through or maybe I was just lucky.

I too will be at Yarnfield first week then Bolton after that but i also applied for Astley Bridge Bolton so I am hoping thats where I will be based.

I got some clarification on the timescale a lovely lady Jennifer called me back after I emailed her to tell me that it wasn't 6 weeks wait but in fact within 6 weeks which is good news because I know the Scottish Disclosure can be slow.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 14:25:20
Print Post

Congratulations and well done mate well deserved job opportunity.

Also Good luck tomorrow drifter219 on your assessment day. I'm sure you will be fine.
Standard User drifter219
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 14:45:13
Print Post

Cheers pal.Hopefully yours won't be a long wait before you get your dates for assessment
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Tue 04-Apr-17 15:01:19
Print Post

Anyone spoken to any current Openreach engineers? How realistic are the targets you need to hit? How heavy is the workload?

How about this one?

Workload is fine, I actually think they push you more initially when you go onto one of the new starter teams. After about two years you should get moved onto one of the local teams, and upskilled.

Once you're fully multi-skilled (underground, broadband etc), you should really be doing 4 or 5 jobs most days and that's definitely achieveable. However with them being faults, some days you might only do two if you get a difficult one. As long as you are where you're supposed to be and you do all of the testing that's required on the lines you'll be fine.
Standard User Dslammer
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 15:45:10
Print Post

[re: jordanglb] [link to this post]

Can someone check their contract to see what the probation period is. I understand anyone that started a year ago has had the probation period extended by another 12 months.

That means the probation period is 24 months?
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 16:44:33
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Tue 04-Apr-17 17:15:09
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

12 month probation mate, there's always an option for them to extend that though.
(newbie) Tue 04-Apr-17 18:57:08
Print Post

Congrats to you guys I had a message to say contracts for may starters will be sent from Wednesday onwards as for the disclosure it doesn't take to long think mine took about a week to come back
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Tue 04-Apr-17 19:10:06
Print Post

Did you e mail them and ask?hopefully get mine soon then
(learned) Tue 04-Apr-17 20:48:47
Print Post

I did hoss mate got a reply to say contract would be going out as of tomorrow for may starters as ever can take a bit of time to get through but all is good
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Tue 04-Apr-17 21:19:55
Print Post

Cheers for info!
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Wed 05-Apr-17 01:00:00
Print Post

Ah cool so I can expect my contract email soon thats really good to know the sooner thats done the better I will feel thanks for the info.
Standard User Kirky89
(learned) Wed 05-Apr-17 18:22:24
Print Post

Hi all got my start date on 15th May and I've been advised all my training is at Yarnfield not just induction week anyone else here in Yarnfield for training?
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Wed 05-Apr-17 18:47:03
Print Post

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

wish mine was. i live close to yarnfield, not sure why i have to go to bolton
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 05-Apr-17 19:01:39
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

Any May starters had their contracts yet?
Standard User Dslammer
(newbie) Wed 05-Apr-17 20:30:17
Print Post

where r u from
Standard User Kirky89
(learned) Wed 05-Apr-17 21:11:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by Dslammer:
where r u from

Swindon, Wiltshire
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Thu 06-Apr-17 00:44:11
Print Post

Anyone on the 8th may start at Yarnfield? Be good to put some faces to names after all this!
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Thu 06-Apr-17 01:26:04
Print Post

I am. but i was at your assesment so you know me lol
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Thu 06-Apr-17 07:34:03
Print Post

Me too!!!Have you lads had your contracts etc yet?
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Thu 06-Apr-17 09:01:31
Print Post

wasnt it in the initial emails? sure i saw something when i accepted it. other than that ive had nothing sent
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Thu 06-Apr-17 09:41:46
Print Post

Didn't realise this thread had been created oops! looks like people are starting and new people are being offered position!
3 weeks left for me till I start havent heard anything from the training team yet though!
Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Thu 06-Apr-17 10:47:13
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

They said 2-3 weeks before start date but earlier posts state they could call week before!
(member) Thu 06-Apr-17 10:53:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by Hoss28:
Any May starters had their contracts yet?

There is a link when you get your start date offer the email is titled Good News BT Employment Offer.
If not look on the BT Taleo site under your application!

https://bt.taleo.net

Edited by Firsttwodie (Thu 06-Apr-17 10:55:41)

Standard User Jdalose
(newbie) Thu 06-Apr-17 13:41:39
Print Post

Hey I've got my assessment next Wednesday, what did the day consist of for you? Hope it went well
(member) Thu 06-Apr-17 14:08:48
Print Post

[re: Firsttwodie] [link to this post]

Yeah I was told a week before start date, which I cant quiet believe is the next Friday! waited so long for this and it is finally nearly here.
Just hope its what I expect it to be!
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Thu 06-Apr-17 14:25:53
Print Post

Good luck mate,I have waited ages too and 8th May can't come quick enough.still no e mail yet with contract etc
Standard User Dslammer
(newbie) Thu 06-Apr-17 15:25:11
Print Post

I start on 22 May 2017 and just received e-mail from BTrequesting documents

As part of the requirement for your new role in BT, can you URGENTLY send me the following information by email.

Can you also complete the online tasks using this link https://bt.taleo.net/careersection/myprocesses.ftl?l... and logging on with the same user name and password as your contract offer.

Clothing and Personal Protection Equipment
When you join Openreach, you will be issued with essential items of clothing and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) which are vital to your safety when training and carrying out your new job.
To enable us to order these items for you could you please provide us with your clothing measurements on the clothing form I have attached

BT / Openreach ID Photo Card
When you join Openreach, you will be required to wear an ID card at all times
To enable us to order this can you e-mail me a passport size colour photo of yourself ( head and shoulders on a plain back-ground - Please note, you can take a photo on your phone and send it over )

· DVLA license Check.
As you are aware, the DVLA no longer issue paper copies of DL, therefore as you need a driving licence to do the role we’ve offered you, we need to check your driving entitlements and any endorsements, to make sure they meet our agreed requirements..
So to do this we need you to request a code from the DVLA and send that to us. – You can find how to obtain at code at the following link
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads...
Once you have the code, please e-mail me
Your full name
Your licence check code
Your full driving license number (case sensitive)

DL Changes

It is your responsibility to ensure that your driving license is in the correct address. Did you know that if your driving license is in the wrong address you could be fined by the DVLA up to £1000? You can apply to change your address for free by following this link:
https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence

Disclosure Scotland Certificate
Can you please follow the on-line instructions on how to apply or click this link
https://www.mygov.scot/basic-disclosure/apply-for-ba...

Once you have applied you will receive an on screen confirmation.
On this screen you will be given an 18 digit case reference number – You need to enter this twice onto the BT Taleo system to close down your actual task
The certificate can take up to 14 days to arrive at your home address, once received could you please copy, scan and e-mail me a clear and readable copy.
Please note you can claim the £25.00 back once you start with us.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Thu 06-Apr-17 15:33:14
Print Post

Hopefully mine on its way then...some dose of stuff to fill out then!lol
Standard User Dslammer
(newbie) Thu 06-Apr-17 15:35:20
Print Post

Has anyone else received this today, as I have already done some of these tasks before
(member) Thu 06-Apr-17 16:14:01
Print Post

Had my old address on my driving license oops shouldnt cause any issues.. just ordered a new one anyway.
Standard User jordanglb
(newbie) Thu 06-Apr-17 16:14:56
Print Post

Hi dslammer. I too start 22nd May and just received the same email. Fast turnaround. 24 hours. I'm currently working away so dont have access to laptop, printer, documents etc. Checked email on phone.
Standard User mnisk
(newbie) Thu 06-Apr-17 17:21:34
Print Post

Hey guys,

Did my video interview today, don't think it went too well. Had a few points during it where my mind went blank, and at points i felt like i was just repeating myself. Did anyone else have a similar experience during their interview?
Standard User Realist
(member) Thu 06-Apr-17 18:32:55
Print Post

[re: mnisk] [link to this post]

Did my Assessment in Bristol on the 5th and 2hrs later received the em ail saying......

Thank you for taking the time to come to our recent assessment centre.

We're sorry to tell you that, after careful consideration, we're unable to offer you a position on our Apprentice programme this year.

In a few days you'll receive a detailed feedback report regarding your Assessment Centre performance.

We're sorry that this will not be the outcome you’d have wanted We really appreciate the time and effort you’ve invested in the recruitment process, and we wish you every success with your search for the right position.

Please feel free to visit the BT Careers website to see if there are any other future vacancies which may be of interest.

Best wishes

BT Apprentice Recruitment Team

Disappointed.
(member) Thu 06-Apr-17 21:30:54
Print Post

So far I've sent off copies of the following some in different formats thought but
2 x Passport
2 x Driving licence
3 x Passport photos
In fact I'm starting to think somebody's making a shrine of me!!
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Thu 06-Apr-17 22:00:22
Print Post

All I've had was a phone call offering me a position,then an e mail the same day saying what date I was starting (8th May).hoping contract etc comes soon as only 4 weeks away now
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Thu 06-Apr-17 23:48:24
Print Post

I too start on the 22nd but no email for me as yet frown I hope it comes soon not being able to hand in my notice is killing me.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Fri 07-Apr-17 00:52:11
Print Post

Have you checked the taleo site according to the woman that phoned me I wont hear anything till I get my offer email and when I accept that will generate my contract.
I havent had anything since the phone call on Tuesday, I'm not due to start till the 22nd though. Concerns me that some of the 22nd guys have theirs already but I can afford to wait a little longer I guess.

Considering how long you have left it might be worth sending them an email or maybe even a call if you can.
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Fri 07-Apr-17 08:33:32
Print Post

I'd maybe chase them mate, just for peace of mind.
(member) Fri 07-Apr-17 12:25:28
Print Post

Out of curiosity anyone know if the vans have microwaves? Some one mentioned it before.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Fri 07-Apr-17 12:46:41
Print Post

I chased them this morning and was thanked for flagging it to them!asked to e mail driving licence,birth certicate and Nat ins card.
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Fri 07-Apr-17 15:17:37
Print Post

Top man. I'd get your disclosure applied for too mate. Normally takes a week for it to come back at least, costs £25 for basic discourse but they need that back before you can start
(learned) Fri 07-Apr-17 15:28:02
Print Post

I heard they do have microwave an cooker in some vans a pal said it the cabling vans tho
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Fri 07-Apr-17 15:31:08
Print Post

I will do that tonight cheers
(member) Fri 07-Apr-17 15:53:45
Print Post

Nice one I expect the normal vans dont then! I will have to get a portable one then lol
(regular) Fri 07-Apr-17 16:01:00
Print Post

Most exchanges have them, just go there.
Standard User MC31
(member) Fri 07-Apr-17 19:15:03
Print Post

They dont like the new guys doing that ! LOL

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User gouledw
(regular) Fri 07-Apr-17 19:42:54
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

They don't like any of us going to the Ex for any reason!
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Fri 07-Apr-17 21:09:18
Print Post

Disclosure done!
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Fri 07-Apr-17 23:18:11
Print Post

How has your first week gone?
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Sat 08-Apr-17 12:17:29
Print Post

[re: Realist] [link to this post]

Unlucky mate thats bad news!

Hopefully the feedback helps and you will know where you went wrong and could change it next time if you wanted to try again.

Disappointing the lack of updates from the guys that's started this week, I would have been giving a day by day account lol
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Apr-17 12:26:00
Print Post

Disappointing the lack of updates from the guys that's started this week, I would have been giving a day by day account

Maybe the full horror of what they've signed up for is sinking in ?

Standard User Hoss28
(member) Sat 08-Apr-17 13:43:03
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Wouldn't think so mate!!
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Sat 08-Apr-17 15:38:58
Print Post

Don't say that haha
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Sat 08-Apr-17 15:45:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rickimcc78:
Disappointing the lack of updates from the guys that's started this week, I would have been giving a day by day account lol

Quite likely they are just really busy with everything I guess, or lack of access to a computer etc. smartphones are great and all but logging in here and typing on one is a complete pain in the [censored] in my experience.

I would love to hear some feedback on the first week though so if any you guys are reading this feel free to post an update smile
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Apr-17 16:46:02
Print Post

smartphones are great and all but logging in here and typing on one is a complete pain in the [censored] in my experience.

A word of warning

....DO NOT POST ON A PUBLIC FORUM WHILST CONNECTED VIA THE STAFF INTRANET....

it is a disciplinary offence.

Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Sat 08-Apr-17 17:33:31
Print Post

Are you the BT rep on here?
Standard User Kirky89
(learned) Sat 08-Apr-17 18:34:07
Print Post

Evening all, just curious I've applied for my disclosure Scotland certificate. Does this arrive in the post and does it have to be signed for? Only reason I ask is have a royal mail missed you card and it says has to be signed for can't think of anything else I've ordered
Standard User Dixi2u
(learned) Sat 08-Apr-17 20:41:33
Print Post

No just standard mail. At least mine was.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Apr-17 20:45:23
Print Post

Err ... no ??

Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Sat 08-Apr-17 20:47:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by Realist:
Did my Assessment in Bristol on the 5th and 2hrs later received the em ail saying......

Thank you for taking the time to come to our recent assessment centre.

We're sorry to tell you that, after careful consideration, we're unable to offer you a position on our Apprentice programme this year.

In a few days you'll receive a detailed feedback report regarding your Assessment Centre performance.

We're sorry that this will not be the outcome you’d have wanted We really appreciate the time and effort you’ve invested in the recruitment process, and we wish you every success with your search for the right position.

Please feel free to visit the BT Careers website to see if there are any other future vacancies which may be of interest.

Best wishes

BT Apprentice Recruitment Team

Disappointed.

Sorry to hear this mate, I've been following your posts on here and with how things were going for you, I thought you had the job tbh :/

I passed my video interview and found your advice to be helpful. How long did you wait until you was given your assessment date ?

Where did you feel you didn't succeed in the assessment ? Perhaps with their feedback you can challenge it again
Standard User Realist
(member) Sat 08-Apr-17 21:09:51
Print Post

Not received any feedback as yet not holding my breath.

The assessment was basic, quick but long winded and all along they kept saying the jobs yours you just have to pass the exams today.

Its disappointing when you go all that way and get thrown out in the trash but I think it may be an omen and I'll stay where I am for a while.
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Sat 08-Apr-17 22:02:11
Print Post

Burty27 any update on your first week mate.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Sun 09-Apr-17 12:04:50
Print Post

Sorry to hear that mate frown I honestly thought you were the only one in a winning position to get the job as you were most experienced.

When you say Exam are we talking about the English and Maths Tests or the whole interview process?

Only thing worrying me is the age factor, i'm in my early 40's. I'm just curious, are they recruiting young guns?

I am still waiting for my assessment dates. I completed the video interview on 27/03 and received the video interview results on friday 31/03/17, saying i was successful. Since then i have had no further communications.
Standard User Dixi2u
(regular) Sun 09-Apr-17 15:45:12
Print Post

No, I start in 2 weeks and am early 50's
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Sun 09-Apr-17 16:12:50
Print Post

[re: Dixi2u] [link to this post]

I'm late 40's and start 8th May.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Sun 09-Apr-17 16:31:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by Dixi2u:
No, I start in 2 weeks and am early 50's

I'm late 40's and start 8th May.

Thanks Chaps. Puts me at ease that there is no age discrimination. I just hope i get dates for assessment centre sometime this week.

Edited by pythonz (Sun 09-Apr-17 16:32:22)

Standard User Kirky89
(learned) Sun 09-Apr-17 18:58:15
Print Post

Hi everyone just another question for some of the guys that already work for OR how's does the holiday entitlement work is it done by hours? Also can you buy more holiday and If so how does that work?
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Sun 09-Apr-17 19:22:02
Print Post

Anyone who started the course last week got any feedback for those who are waiting to start the course. Any morsels would be appreciated.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Sun 09-Apr-17 20:08:29
Print Post

I did and passed my vid interview close to you and still not heard anything. keep me posted once you hear something and I'll do the same smile

Good luck, hopefully we both get a date soon
Standard User gouledw
(regular) Sun 09-Apr-17 22:37:59
Print Post

Holiday works in hours. And you can't buy holiday as such. There is unpaid leave and special leave. And say for example you work a 4 day week and your day off falls on a bank holiday the company will give you a day back in a sense as annual leave.
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Mon 10-Apr-17 08:54:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by Kirky89:
Hi everyone just another question for some of the guys that already work for OR how's does the holiday entitlement work is it done by hours? Also can you buy more holiday and If so how does that work?

Many years it has also been possible to carry forward 5 days (roughly that anyway), which is handy. I've never had problems getting holidays I've wanted and I tend to take long 3 week (or more) holidays when I go abroad.

In reply to a post by mckeo5514:
Are you the BT rep on here?

He's just trying to help you not get in trouble. Same as me when I mentioned about being very careful about what you do with your van.

In reply to a post by gouledw:
They don't like any of us going to the Ex for any reason!

Well that depends on the manager, for most it's no big deal. Don't take the mick and it's fine.

Edited by Icaras (Mon 10-Apr-17 08:57:49)

Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Mon 10-Apr-17 11:45:28
Print Post

Received my final confirmation from them this morning that all my checks had been done, had all my managers details on there too and my employee number.

Original application was April last year, so this has been quite a journey!
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Mon 10-Apr-17 12:30:47
Print Post

I start 22nd and I received my email today smile so relieved I can hand in my notice with confidence now. Look forward to meeting some of you guys on the 22nd. Ill be based at GBR Rusholme ATE and after initial week at Yarnfield ill be training at Bolton.

Edited by ShavedApe (Mon 10-Apr-17 16:01:34)

Standard User Hoss28
(member) Mon 10-Apr-17 14:29:43
Print Post

What did your email say??they are just checking my rights to work.ive applied for disclosure (before been told to) as takes 14 days to come!not had any contract etc and start on 8th May.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Mon 10-Apr-17 15:59:00
Print Post

My email was quite a long email with the contract at the end, lots of info about the job and where ill be based, holiday entitlement etc. The was no link as such but there was an accept or decline offer at the bottom. Once I clicked that the heading changed to thank you for accepting or something like that. When I went to the Taleo site everything had changed. The page itself has a menu down the left hand side which are basically my tasks to complete. I have done most of those now smile

There is a little info on there about a new starters page I can visit which I will do later today.

There was an email account which may be helpful to you if you are having issues bt.apprenticeships@bt.com it basically says any problems or questions contact them there.

Sorry I can't be of any more help than that I hope you get it sorted.

I will say I sent an email to the lady that sent my Assessment details email asking where my offer email was (slightly more politely than that of course.) she replied today saying that a number of use had been listed for the team to send out contracts shortly and then a few hours later there it was.

*edit* I just tried going directly to the Taleo website and it looks normal so I double checked the email and there is a link there https://bt.taleo.net/careersection/myprocesses.ftl?l...
It asks you to log in with your taleo info unless you havent signed your contract online in which case it says to say you forgot your password.
I'm going to assume even if the link is meant for me you'll be redirected to yours.

Edited by ShavedApe (Mon 10-Apr-17 16:30:25)

Standard User Hoss28
(member) Mon 10-Apr-17 18:16:18
Print Post

Cheers for info,much appreciated!hopefully mine will come this week
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Mon 10-Apr-17 20:07:52
Print Post

What's their pension scheme like? Can anyone shed some light please

Thank you
(member) Mon 10-Apr-17 20:54:17
Print Post

Try this for an indication
https://www.btretirementsavingscheme.com/bt/joining-...
You automatically pay 5% and Openreach pay 8%
If you up your contributions they increase there's
6% they pay 8.5%
7% they pay 9%

Edited by Firsttwodie (Mon 10-Apr-17 22:19:31)

Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 01:10:17
Print Post

Had you already completed some tasks when you got this email?
I have completed some tasks but haven't been asked for clothing sizes or driving licence check so I'm wondering if that will come later.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 08:14:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by Firsttwodie:
Try this for an indication
https://www.btretirementsavingscheme.com/bt/joining-...
You automatically pay 5% and Openreach pay 8%
If you up your contributions they increase there's
6% they pay 8.5%
7% they pay 9%

Thanks mate smile
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 09:46:03
Print Post

Just had an conformation for my assessment date smile

Is it best to wear a 3 piece suite or just a 2 ?

Any help and advice is much appreciated
(member) Tue 11-Apr-17 10:48:38
Print Post

Can never be to smart! I wore a shirt and tie, others at my assement day wore full suit.
I would have worn a suit if I had one.
(member) Tue 11-Apr-17 11:27:07
Print Post

Just Got my train times and spoke about the training.
first week at yarnfield but staying in a hotel because the centre is fully booked, then second week staying in yarnfield. then two weeks in Cardiff, then out buddying for 8 weeks! so only 4 weeks away by the looks of things!
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 11:27:17
Print Post

Personally I would say shirt and tie for sure, Some at my assessment wore a suit but the moment we went into a room to start they told us to put our jackets on the back of the chair and relax. So while sure a suit is considered smart so is a shirt and tie, don't turn up in jeans and a t shirt and you'll probably be fine.

Edited by ShavedApe (Tue 11-Apr-17 12:07:19)

Standard User Kirky89
(learned) Tue 11-Apr-17 11:42:38
Print Post

Personally I would say shirt and tie for sure there where some at my assessment that wore a suit but the moment we went into a room to start they told us to put our jackets on the back of the chair and relax. So while sure a suit is considered smart so is a shirt and tie, dont turn up in jeans and a t shirt and youll probably be fine.

It's all about first impressions and how you present yourself at the end of the day it's a job interview so you should always go in selling yourself as much as you can . If I was interviewing I would be thinking if they turn up like this to a interview what do they think is acceptable to turn up to a customer like
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 12:12:18
Print Post

A shirt and tie worked fine for me, making a good impression is important but both a suit and or a shirt and tie will do that for you.

I only wore a shirt and tie and I start 22nd May can't say what others wore who got an offer but I will say this the first impression is only a small part of what's required and so long you dress smartly a good first impression is usually made.

I never said he shouldn't be smart just pointed out that shirt and tie was perfectly okay.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 12:41:47
Print Post

Thanks everyone for your help with replying. I don't think a shirt and tie will hinder my chances but I prefer a full suit if I'm honest smile Just didn't want to go fully suited and be the odd one out so thanks for clearing that up for me.

From what I have read from here, I understand we have to wire a plug, sit an english and maths test and have 2 interviews if I'm correct ? anything else missing
(member) Tue 11-Apr-17 12:49:48
Print Post

I think its changed slightly since I had mine but it was wire a plug, colour blind test and two interviews. no english or maths test.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 14:01:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by Dippa:
Thanks everyone for your help with replying. I don't think a shirt and tie will hinder my chances but I prefer a full suit if I'm honest smile Just didn't want to go fully suited and be the odd one out so thanks for clearing that up for me.

From what I have read from here, I understand we have to wire a plug, sit an english and maths test and have 2 interviews if I'm correct ? anything else missing

Basically there is a presentation first then you have in no particular order the colour blind test, wire a plug, 2 interviews and maths and english test. The plug and the colour blind test are together that is to say you go to that wire the plug then when you've done that you are tested for colour blindness.
Maths and English tests are also done at the same time everyone sat at laptop, nothing too strenuous but if like me and no doubt many others the last time you did a maths test was at school then it doesn't hurt to brush up on your knowledge.

Edited by ShavedApe (Tue 11-Apr-17 14:15:02)

Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 14:15:17
Print Post

Basically there is a presentation first then you have in no particular order the colour blind test, wire a plug, 2 interviews and maths and english test. The plug and the colour blind test are together that is to say you go to that wire the plug then when you've done that you are tested for colour blindness.
Maths and English tests are also done at the same time everyone sat at laptop, nothing too strenuous but if like me and no many others the last time you did a maths test was at school then it doesn't hurt to brush up on your knowledge.

Thanks ShavedApe smile

I better get prepared and start practicing then lol Do you remember if the tests were timed or not ?

Thanks again for all your help
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 23:02:37
Print Post

Yes the maths and english test are both 40 minutes long, the assessor said it wasn't a pass or fail but doesn't hurt to do well I would of thought.
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Wed 12-Apr-17 07:32:32
Print Post

Anyone who started the course last/this week got any feedback for those who are waiting to start the course. Any morsels would be appreciated.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 12-Apr-17 11:43:06
Print Post

Is are anyone starting 8th May and still waiting for e mail with tasks to do and contract?I've ended up doing disclosure of Scotland myself as told could take up to 14 days to arrive!
Standard User Johnsmic
(learned) Wed 12-Apr-17 12:07:13
Print Post

This might be a daft question, but does anyone know how it works regarding no claims bonus on the insurance? I'm giving up my car as we will get a van, and also have access to my wife's motor outside work, I'm just a bit wary about losing my no claims, should I need to buy a car again in future.
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 12-Apr-17 12:24:07
Print Post

Contact your present Car Insurer; and ask for a statement particularly regarding your No Claims Bonus.

----------

From the experience of colleagues, be extremely wary about using the BT Van for any other purpose than BT/OR work.

One had a minor accident when doing some voluntary work in retirement.

His Insurers refused to cover that Claim, as he did not have Business coverage.

He asked if this lack of Business Cover excluded any other uses.

He was informed that if he carried his grand-children to and from school on a regular basis, those journeys and similar would not be covered.

The rest of us doing similar voluntary work, had to have our Car Insurances checked; and in some cases Business Use added.

I would also be wary of carrying non-BT workers in the allocated van; and it may be worth enquiring about BT Contractor staff, such as Kelly.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 12-Apr-17 12:36:26
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

Contract etc all through Now!! !
Standard User Carver
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 13:40:31
Print Post

There seems to be a lot of start dates in May. I have been given the 21st August to start - is there anyone else with a similar start date?
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 14:40:41
Print Post

[re: Carver] [link to this post]

Has anyone had their assessment centre in the past few weeks? What were the 2 interviews like? Thx for any input
Standard User Kirky89
(learned) Wed 12-Apr-17 15:59:20
Print Post

Hi I'm sure I've asked before or someone has but in terms of the colleague benefits does anyone who's already started know when that's available to new colleagues in terms of the free broadband and how much BT vision is
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 17:57:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by Johnsmic:
This might be a daft question, but does anyone know how it works regarding no claims bonus on the insurance? I'm giving up my car as we will get a van, and also have access to my wife's motor outside work, I'm just a bit wary about losing my no claims, should I need to buy a car again in future.

Ex driving instructor here so I have somewhat of a clue, Basically your no claims will only last 2 years at last check after that you lose anything you have regardless of how much you had.
You can say you have been using a company vehicle which of course you will have been doing but you'll need to provide evidence. Which usually means contacting someone at head office and getting a statement of some sort. I'm speaking generally here I have no idea if Openreach supply this or who you contact at OR I just know its likely to work that way based on experience and previous knowledge.

Not all insurers will care and if they do it will likely not generate the same kind of discount a no claims would.

To be perfectly honest though a no claims doesn't help much these days since they put their prices up each year its rare you save very much its just good for them to make it look like you did wink
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:05:39
Print Post

Has anyone had their assessment centre in the past few weeks? What were the 2 interviews like? Thx for any input

Roughly 2 or 3 weeks ago mine, the interviews where pretty relaxed affair one has I think it was 4 or 5 questions and 1 was just 2 questions the 2 questions where about safety and complience, I cant really rememeber the questions its all a bit of blur really but one was about dealing with an angry customer, I was asked something along the lines of why I would be good at the job? and also what kind of challenges did I think I would face. They like to delve a little deeper into some answers so best advice is dont BS them unless you can back it up. Be yourself but sell yourself, customer service matters and safety matters.

In reply to a post by Kirky89:
Hi I'm sure I've asked before or someone has but in terms of the colleague benefits does anyone who's already started know when that's available to new colleagues in terms of the free broadband and how much BT vision is

My contract and additional terms state that benefits are available from the start but it may take a few weeks for you to be uploaded to the system properly. Price I have no idea other than at my assessment they said it was free but for the initial payment of 1 whole pound.

Edited by ShavedApe (Wed 12-Apr-17 18:07:15)

Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:06:02
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 7 *DELETED*

Post deleted by ShavedApe

Edited by ShavedApe (Wed 12-Apr-17 18:06:26)

Standard User davek19
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:10:45
Print Post

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Have you heard back if you were successful?
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:11:47
Print Post

Contract etc all through Now!! !

Awesome news man I can imagine its a huge relief in fact I know it is I didnt wait anywhere near as long as you.
Standard User ShavedApe
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:13:14
Print Post

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Have you heard back if you were successful?

Yes mate I start 22nd may contract done and all tasks done so now just waiting on them checking my references and setting up my travel but they have a few weeks yet smile
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:16:46
Print Post

Wow that's a quick turnaround! Congrats and all the best
Standard User harryvw
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:53:42
Print Post

I had my assessment day in Sevenoaks on 21st March for a trainee engineer role and found out last Friday I had been successful! I was told that the next start date would be 7th August and I would receive my contract in June some time... cant wait to start!
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:55:06
Print Post

[re: harryvw] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by harryvw:
I had my assessment day in Sevenoaks on 21st March for a trainee engineer role and found out last Friday I had been successful! I was told that the next start date would be 7th August and I would receive my contract in June some time... cant wait to start!

Congrats man and good luck.
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 18:56:39
Print Post

That's a long summer for you then! Can you recall if the interview was a general interview or more technically focused?
Standard User harryvw
(newbie) Wed 12-Apr-17 19:09:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by harryvw:

Congrats man and good luck.

Cheers!

That's a long summer for you then! Can you recall if the interview was a general interview or more technically focused?

Tell me about it... just want my contract already! It wasn't technical at all, very much a general interview which questions like "name a time when you proud of something you achieved" they're very much focused on finding out your suitability for the job
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Wed 12-Apr-17 21:40:21
Print Post

Thanks for the info, much appreciated
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Thu 13-Apr-17 00:04:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by Johnsmic:
Thanks for the info, much appreciated

No problem,

I had a PM from eckiedoo about the driving assessment that comes at the end of week 1, He noted an earlier reply that I was once a Driving Instructor and asked if I might share some advice on how to prepare for it.

Ive done the type of assessment that we will go through, that is to say I have been the assessor so I guess I can point you in the right direction but really its nothing to worry about.

First thing to remember is dont drive like an idiot keep yourself aware of your surroundings.

Proper use of mirrors is a must and that means before every action, going to change direction eg. moving out for a parked car check your mirrors, moving back to normal position check your mirrors usually the one in the direction you'll be moving but I would hope you can guess that.

Slowing down check your mirrors both of them, moving off at the lights check your mirrors, turning left check your mirrors you get the point and to be fair you should really be doing this when driving anyway.

Moving away from the kerb check over your shoulder and back (out of the window) for BOB, better known your blind spot or BOY ON a BIKE, and yes I know they have blind spot mirrors but even they have a blind spot. The same goes for exiting the vehicle check over your shoulder out the window not just the mirror.

When doing any maneuver you should be using your mirrors effectively looking around as much as possible giving way to any traffic that is coming, remember you do not have right of way just because you have your reverse lights on. So if a car comes you need to stop and let them pass. If they flash carry on but be aware they may change their mind if you take to long and be sure the flash was for you.
A maneuver should be done in good time with good all round observations.

As for practicing if you dont have a van the best you can do is go in your car and be aware of speed limits and such, street lights = 30 mph unless otherwise sign posted.
People speed all the time but claim they don't break the law because 35 in a 30 thats ok right? everyone does that (I don't). Start if you don't already considering checking your speed every 30 seconds or so chances are you drive based on feel without even knowing it so drifting over the speed limit will happen its your job to make sure it doesnt. Combine mirror checks with it so basically every 30 seconds at least eyes to mirrors, speedo and back to the road.

Mirror set up fairly straight forward you need to be able to see some of the van but not so much thats all you can see way too many times ive seen people set up the mirrors and all they can see is the side of the van and a tiny bit of the road. It should realistically be the other way around.
Easiest way to set it up is use about the width of two fingers in the part of the mirror closest to you that all you should see of the van and the rest should be road and sky.

I know ive said it already but most importantly dont drive like an idiot. Imagine a cup of hot coffee on the dash in front of the instructor/assessor spill it on him and forget driving your van home that weekend wink Go for smooth actions smooth gear changes, smooth braking and need I say it again good observation. The more you are aware of whats happening the more informed and better you can deal with it.

Ok now I know that was a lot of info but really if you drive carefully and calmly you'll have nothing to worry about.

One last thing advice I've heard people say so much "adjust your mirrors so the instructor/examiner can see your looking" NO NO NO and NO trust me he can see your looking well if he's any good at his job he can.
Don't over emphasize anything you still need to concentrate on driving after all.

Edited by ShavedApe (Thu 13-Apr-17 00:17:29)

Standard User Hoss28
(member) Thu 13-Apr-17 10:18:31
Print Post

Are you allowed to park your van at home every night?or is this up to your individual manager?
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Thu 13-Apr-17 10:30:35
Print Post

i think you have to park your van at home
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Thu 13-Apr-17 10:31:15
Print Post

got my email sying checks done with my uin number
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Thu 13-Apr-17 11:01:55
Print Post

i think you have to park your van at home

They'll tell you that initially because they'd rather you do that but no, you can park your van at the closest exchange and many do. Most park in the exchange in my area. Newer lads park at home because they think they have to.

In reply to a post by eckiedoo:
I would also be wary of carrying non-BT workers in the allocated van; and it may be worth enquiring about BT Contractor staff, such as Kelly.

I feel like I need to clarify this again after this post, I hope you all read this.

You cannot use your BT van AT ALL for personal use. It has a tracker on and they actively monitor this, people get sacked regularly across the country for this. They just assume the trackers aren't being monitored. They are. They have spreadsheets that get automatically generated showing when vans are used when the person is signed off from work.

In addition, you absolutely cannot let a non-BT person sit in your van, that's also a sackable offence and I know people that have been sacked for exactly that. He was dropping off children on his way into work (he was a home parker). Got sacked instantly, union said he didn't have a leg to stand on. This includes BT contractors. You must treat contractors as general public in every respect.

Be under no illusions about this, both rules are actively policed and result in instant dismissal. You use your van for getting to and from your first and last job and to get between jobs. That's it, no exceptions. The rules about what you do on your lunch break seem to be more flexible though as long as you don't take the mick.

Edited by Icaras (Thu 13-Apr-17 11:11:58)

Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Thu 13-Apr-17 13:04:21
Print Post

Theyre gonna have fun with my van then as my carpark is underground so the tracking signal will disapear every day
Standard User Bjt1992
(learned) Thu 13-Apr-17 21:10:02
Print Post

Just been catching up on things and it's a Shame there's been no update from the guys who started last Monday. I'm sure they're just ridiculously busy though so looking forward to an update soon !!

Be good to know how the first few weeks pan out etc and what vans they're handing out.

Got my contract last week but yet to receive a link to complete any tasks. I don't start till July 3rd though so I'm assuming there's nothing to worry about for now. Gutted as would have had my notice in this week but had to move my start date from the 8th May because I stupidly agreed to book a holiday with the Mrs 2 days before the offer email came through frown
On that note just a word of warning for those who have applied or applying don't book any holidays until you hear the final outcome. Obviously they will honour them but you can't miss the first 8 weeks of training so you risk having to start later like myself. Only applied in January 2016 and waited this long so another 2 months onto the already long wait isn't going to do any harm aha
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Apr-17 04:06:47
Print Post

To enlarge on your comment on "dropping off children".

As well as BT's general rules, I suspect that the corporate vehicle insurance does not cover such as aspects, so it would be Null and Void if the van is used that way.

Leading to all sorts of complications etc.
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Apr-17 07:16:03
Print Post

Whilst fully appreciating and accepting the content of your posting, I have on one occasion encountered a Kelly employee actually driving a BT Openreach van, totally on his own.

He told me he had been asked by BT-OR to do certain tasks, which Kelly don't normally carry out; resulting in his being given the BT-OR van, which had the required equipment on board.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Fri 14-Apr-17 12:24:45
Print Post

For the assessment, how basic is the english and maths test ?

I understand it has a bit of everything, fractions, decimals etc but how simple are they ? are we looking at mixed numbers, improper fractions, fraction arithmetic and so on ?

If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it smile
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Fri 14-Apr-17 13:05:27
Print Post

only a bit of calculus II smile
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Fri 14-Apr-17 16:17:34
Print Post

Been away couldn't login.Finally, last week I got my assessment date. smile

For those of you, who already been, were you able to find car parking facilities at the Norwich assessment centre ? (Carrow Road Stadium, Carrow Rd, Norwich NR1 1JE) otherwise i'll take the train down to Norwich.

drifter219 mate how did your assessment go last week ? I hope you were successful.

only a bit of calculus II smile

I hope your joking lol
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Apr-17 16:36:29
Print Post

Sorry Dippa - now in my ninth decade so far removed from such tests and interviews!!
Standard User MC31
(member) Fri 14-Apr-17 22:43:25
Print Post

Theyre gonna have fun with my van then as my carpark is underground so the tracking signal will disapear every day

If the van fits the tracker takes about 5min to cut in anyway. So if a manager tells you are leaving home 2 or 3 min late he is BS ing you , ask him to prove it !

As someone else has rightly said the van is 100% works use only.Stopping off when on route to get a drink , food , cigarettes ect should be ok , doing a weekly shop no. Also all vans are no smoking.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Fri 14-Apr-17 22:49:13
Print Post

The system apparently is able to set it to your level you do an initial assessment then the main assessment. We were told more than once its not a pass or fail its more to see where you are up to.
We were also told that we wouldnt all do the same test but the guy next to sure looked like he was doing the same one as me.

I would say it was relatively basic though nothing too technical.

Edited by ShavedApe (Sat 15-Apr-17 01:34:32)

Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Sat 15-Apr-17 08:26:25
Print Post

Anyone who started the course over the last few weeks got any feedback for those who are waiting to start the course. Any morsels would be appreciated.
Standard User colinm89
(newbie) Sat 15-Apr-17 19:42:56
Print Post

What kind of questions do you get asked on the different interviews?

I have a decent knowledge(I think) of Openreach, what they do etc. Will that be enough for the interview or will I need to know more? I just out of the forces so haven't done an interview in a long time and I'm starting to panic!

Any help appreciated

Edited by colinm89 (Sat 15-Apr-17 19:44:27)

Standard User koolmhan
(newbie) Sat 15-Apr-17 20:32:41
Print Post

Interview will be held at the Norwich Football Stadium and there is free parking outside the stadium car park.There will be loads of empty parking space so just give urself enough time to get there and please don't be late as they will cancel your application when you are.
There will be 12 people at the assessment.You will get your fotos taken than be asked to go to a bar for a brief.After the brief you will divided into groups.
4 pple will go for an interview.
4 pple will do the wiring of a plug followed by a colour blind test.You will be given a cable and ask to show orange/black wire etc.
4 pple will do the maths n eng test.40 mins each.
1st Interview was 25-30 mins.
You walk into this office and need to run a cable into that corner.What should you do?Think safety and ask the customer if he is happy about ur plan.
2nd Interview 20-25mins
How shud you deal with a irate customer?
Maths Test 40 mins
addition,finding mean and other basics, easy but it is timed so do not spend alot of time on a single question
English Test 40mins
Spelling,Punctuation marks,be given an article n question will be based on it,aslo timed so if dont know answer mark n move on.
Both test are not pass or fail.They just wana check what level u are in.

Wait for a max 5 days to get a rply from them.Hopefully this helps and all the Best in ur Assessment.
Standard User colinm89
(newbie) Sat 15-Apr-17 20:38:47
Print Post

[re: koolmhan] [link to this post]

Thank you mate that's a great help
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Sun 16-Apr-17 11:50:19
Print Post

[re: koolmhan] [link to this post]

What an informative post mate. Answers all ourquestions for many of us, Many thanks koolmhan. Really appreciate that smile
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Sun 16-Apr-17 19:13:33
Print Post

i would think that you would be able to find a spare ten minutes no matter how busy it was to post here...if you wanted too.

Not unless during the course they have been advised not to post anything online?
(member) Sun 16-Apr-17 19:59:52
Print Post

I start Monday 24th I'll be posting updates unless we are specifically told not too! Taken so much from this forum/thread only seems right to post update/answers!
Standard User Dixi2u
(regular) Sun 16-Apr-17 22:38:06
Print Post

I would imagine that is the case. I too start on the 24th.
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Sun 16-Apr-17 22:52:02
Print Post

Does anyone know where the Bolton training centre is? I am at Yarnfield week 1 but then I will be training in Bolton and no matter how much google searching I do I cant find where it is. Has anyone been there or knows where it is?
Standard User food4life
(newbie) Sun 16-Apr-17 23:49:48
Print Post

Received my email with my assessment date, which is this week.

The email explains to wear smart casual, whats everyone else been wearing ?

Also, I don't have my NI card or a letter from HMRC. Would an old payslip with my NI do the job ?
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Mon 17-Apr-17 07:33:56
Print Post

Nice one mate, look forward to it! Even if there is a online ban come back under an alias haha, I'll look out for posts from jackswansea19!

Just out of curiosity have you had contact with your manager and travel details yet? Just wondering how long before you should hear that, I'm 8th of may and not heard anything yet but suppose it's still abbot to go.
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Mon 17-Apr-17 07:36:08
Print Post

[re: food4life] [link to this post]

I wore a suit and would recommend you doing so too, shirt tie and trousers at the very least.

I didn't have a card either, just knew my number off by heart so as long as you have the number that should suffice.

Good luck!
Standard User food4life
(newbie) Mon 17-Apr-17 08:15:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rickimcc78:
I wore a suit and would recommend you doing so too, shirt tie and trousers at the very least.

I didn't have a card either, just knew my number off by heart so as long as you have the number that should suffice.

Good luck!

Thanks Rickmcc78, you've been a great help. I much prefer a suit if I'm honest, did you include a waist jacket if you don't mind me asking ?

When was your assessment btw? I'm guessing you was successful smile
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Mon 17-Apr-17 08:46:32
Print Post

[re: food4life] [link to this post]

No probs mate!

I never wore a waist coat but some people did so if you have one stick it on, don't worry about over dressing as this is your only chance of a 1st impression.

Mine was in October last year and yep was successful smile starting shortly
(member) Mon 17-Apr-17 09:36:34
Print Post

You staying in a best western in Stafford too?
(member) Mon 17-Apr-17 09:37:56
Print Post

Yeah haha, I haven't had contact with my manager but spoke to someone from the training team regarding travel he sent the tickets out via post then.
I did et an email with my manager name and number on it though!
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Mon 17-Apr-17 10:21:17
Print Post

Whilst fully appreciating and accepting the content of your posting, I have on one occasion encountered a Kelly employee actually driving a BT Openreach van, totally on his own.

He told me he had been asked by BT-OR to do certain tasks, which Kelly don't normally carry out; resulting in his being given the BT-OR van, which had the required equipment on board.

Though I've never come across this in my many years I'm sure it would be possible for BT Fleet to loan a van to Kelly's for an agreed period of time. As I say though I've only ever seen BT employees in a BT owned van!

To enlarge on your comment on "dropping off children".

As well as BT's general rules, I suspect that the corporate vehicle insurance does not cover such as aspects, so it would be Null and Void if the van is used that way.

Leading to all sorts of complications etc.

Indeed, can confirm I was always told this is the main reason they're so strict on this. The insurance only covers them for BT employees to drive and be passengers in the van.

Edited by Icaras (Mon 17-Apr-17 10:25:45)

Standard User Dixi2u
(regular) Mon 17-Apr-17 10:44:31
Print Post

Yes, for week 1. 4 of us traveling down from Aberdeenshire in hire car. Should be fun.
(member) Mon 17-Apr-17 11:53:08
Print Post

Haha that sounds fun hopefully not a 3 door corsa or something lol.
Another lad antdawe on here is staying there too sounds like there will be a load of BT lads/lasses.
Standard User Dixi2u
(regular) Mon 17-Apr-17 12:57:30
Print Post

people carrier, allegedly. Will find out Sunday.
Standard User deejay126
(newbie) Mon 17-Apr-17 19:14:46
Print Post

Hi guys,

Just received this email,

'We wanted to get in touch to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about you. We're still considering your application for vacancies where you live, but as yet we can’t book you into an assessment centre.

As previously advised we can’t invite all candidates to an assessment centre but we will inform you either way if you have been successful in making it to the next stage. If your situation has changed and you're no longer interested in an apprenticeship at BT, please let us know so we can update your details.

We will give you another update in two weeks time but if you want to get in touch before you’ve next heard from us please do – you can’t reply to this email but as a reminder our team email address is openreachrecruitment@bt.com'

Best wishes
BT Recruitment Team

Not sure what to make of it, getting worried I may fall at this hurdle! Anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance for your replies guys.
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Mon 17-Apr-17 21:36:04
Print Post

[re: deejay126] [link to this post]

Not sure really mate, sounds like they are just waiting on jobs in your area to become available, I wouldn't get too down hearted just yet, read through this forum and you'll see that sometimes things can be drawn out due to the sheer number of applicants. Just keep the head up ang hopefully you'll get the call sooner rather than later.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Mon 17-Apr-17 22:12:55
Print Post

Is anyone on here going to be based in the Scottish Borders?I'm going to be based at Kelso (1/2 hour drive from my home).

How far are others having to drive every day to their exchange?

Hoping will get my van home every night
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Mon 17-Apr-17 22:51:32
Print Post

im about 10 mins away from my exchange. its in the dodgier area of the city though so i wouldnt want to leave my van there lol
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Tue 18-Apr-17 09:14:43
Print Post

Not scottish border no, I'm being based at Rusholme which is 35 minutes from home and that's not including rush hour. So I guess considering I will have to travel through the Manchester city center Ill probably be travelling for around an hour most days.

Weirdly I applied for an exchange that's about 10 - 15 minutes away but they gave me this one instead. I'm fine with it of course at least I got the job but I would of been more comfortable with an area I know well.

We are expected to work anywhere within a 60 minute radius though and according to this site http://www.flaviogortana.com/isoscope/ that's a pretty big are. The site only shows 30 minute radius and its pretty far so 60 minutes drive is a fair old distance.
I wonder if there is a defined area based on your exchange as well.

Side note my Scottish Disclosure says it was completed but to allow 5 days for it to come via first class lol how does that work 4 days for someone to put it into an envelope and a day for the post to deliver?

*edit* I just found a better radius map https://app.traveltimeplatform.com have to give it your email but it doesn't check it.
As I suspected its a huge area in 60 minutes wouldn't mind some feedback from existing engineers if possible about how close the maps are to reality.

Edited by ShavedApe (Tue 18-Apr-17 09:28:23)

Standard User Hoss28
(member) Tue 18-Apr-17 11:48:07
Print Post

I will be on country roads so will only take half an hour.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear or starting
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Tue 18-Apr-17 14:22:39
Print Post

It just depends where they need you.

A lot of the engineers that park their vans in the exchange by me don't actually work in our area. Their PWA (Preferred Work Area) starts at least a 30 minute drive away. So some days they may have to drive an hour to get to their first job. But at least they're driving on company time.

Edited by Icaras (Tue 18-Apr-17 14:23:39)

Standard User colinm89
(newbie) Wed 19-Apr-17 13:38:46
Print Post

Just back from the assesment day, think it went quite well so fingers crossed.

Interviewers make you feel really at ease!
(member) Wed 19-Apr-17 13:48:41
Print Post

[re: colinm89] [link to this post]

Good luck!
I quite enjoyed mine met a few interesting people felt like more of a chat to me haha.
Standard User colinm89
(newbie) Wed 19-Apr-17 13:56:10
Print Post

Thanks

Yeah same here mate haha, just hope I've done enough.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Wed 19-Apr-17 14:06:06
Print Post

I hope you get the job mate.

Since you come out fresh from the assessment centre smile what kind of questions were you asked in the interviews?

thanks
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Wed 19-Apr-17 14:34:23
Print Post

Good luck man this next few days can feel like absolute torture but hopefully it will be worth the wait
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Wed 19-Apr-17 15:48:09
Print Post

Were you at the Birmingham one today mate ? We must have seen each other if so
(member) Wed 19-Apr-17 15:54:48
Print Post

They are usually pretty quick at getting back to you from what I have seen, took 2 days for me to hear back. but 6 months for a start date haha
Standard User MC31
(member) Wed 19-Apr-17 18:18:47
Print Post

They are lucky to get away with that ! Here you have to park in a Exch on your PWA or drive to it in your time .Still better then using your own car and fuel.

Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Wed 19-Apr-17 20:48:41
Print Post

I completed my assessment today! Like others have already said, 2 interviews, english and maths test, colour blind test, and wiring a plug!

Both interviews were simple enough but they do delve into your answers.

English and maths tests are basic and they repeatedly explained it's not a test.

I struggled with the plug if I'm honest, the nerves got the better of me. I did complete it with time remaining but my hand was shaking so bad I couldn't position the screwdriver to the screw lol My only worry is, I think my wires had minimum wire showing... With my nerves getting the better of me I can't fully remember but hoping for the best lol

If I'm not successful then I'll take all of this process as a learning curve smile

Good luck to all who have applied
(learned) Thu 20-Apr-17 08:55:38
Print Post

When I done my assessment the guy opposite was shaking really bad but they guys doing the assessment said at the beginning it's natural an not to worrie best tips I can give is sit a look at the laminate for 5 you have plenty of time also as a lot of openreach work your given instruction it seems it's more about weather you can follow the instruction or jus plough thought with a potential disaster just a thinking point for anyone about to go for assessment
Standard User colinm89
(newbie) Thu 20-Apr-17 09:24:15
Print Post

Got an email today saying I'd been successful!

Over the moon with this news!
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Thu 20-Apr-17 09:38:48
Print Post

Congratulation mate smile

That is super quick less than 24 hours response wow!! you must've impressed them. Nice job
(member) Thu 20-Apr-17 09:49:59
Print Post

Wooho congratz mate, they are very quick responding from the assessment day!
Exciting times ahead smile
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Thu 20-Apr-17 10:26:26
Print Post

Congrats mate thats a very quick turn around that mine was four working days later plus the weekend frown. I was sure I hadn't got it with everyone saying they are quick. I start 22nd of May so I guess I was wrong.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Thu 20-Apr-17 10:33:22
Print Post

Congratulations mate!

Where did you do your assessment ?
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Thu 20-Apr-17 10:49:13
Print Post

Congrats mate thats a very quick turn around that mine was four working days later plus the weekend frown. I was sure I hadn't got it with everyone saying they are quick. I start 22nd of May so I guess I was wrong.

I bet they were the longest 6 days you can remember lol

How well did you think you did on the day prior to finding out ?
Standard User tthom
(committed) Thu 20-Apr-17 12:00:09
Print Post

Hi mate,

How long from passing your video interview to the assessment centre?

Broadband Providers Aoll/O2/Virgin Media(Cable)/BE//BT infinity/Talktalk/BT Infinity
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3798886040.png[/img]
Standard User SC999
(newbie) Thu 20-Apr-17 12:29:58
Print Post

[re: tthom] [link to this post]

Is anyone on here starting at the end of July?
Standard User colinm89
(newbie) Thu 20-Apr-17 13:18:02
Print Post

Glasgow mate.

I am starting end of July

Edited by colinm89 (Thu 20-Apr-17 13:19:45)

Standard User SC999
(newbie) Thu 20-Apr-17 15:39:54
Print Post

See you there.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Thu 20-Apr-17 16:21:55
Print Post

[re: SC999] [link to this post]

I'm going to be based in Kelso.
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Thu 20-Apr-17 18:32:40
Print Post

So long.... Honestly I had no idea how I did.
Standard User Carver
(newbie) Thu 20-Apr-17 18:38:03
Print Post

Anyone starting in August?
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Thu 20-Apr-17 20:24:10
Print Post

So long.... Honestly I had no idea how I did.

I just hope I don't have to wait 6 days like yourself, especially with the weekend approaching lol
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Fri 21-Apr-17 10:54:20
Print Post

Just had a phone call to tell me I have the job!!! Well chuffed! If anyone needs any help just drop me a message
Standard User allbro75
(newbie) Fri 21-Apr-17 10:55:25
Print Post

Hi, is there anyone on here who done the assessment centre in Glasgow on the 19th April.

I was there in the am and got word that I was successful but met a few decent people there in the day and wonder how they got on.

Allen.
Standard User colinm89
(newbie) Fri 21-Apr-17 11:01:35
Print Post

[re: allbro75] [link to this post]

I was there mate, well done.

Have you been given a start date yet?
Standard User allbro75
(newbie) Fri 21-Apr-17 11:10:11
Print Post

Yeah I'm starting in 3 weeks on the 15th May, handing my notice into my current job today. Really good feeling. What about you?
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Fri 21-Apr-17 11:50:27
Print Post

Has anyone starting on the 8th had any contact from their manager or travel team yet?
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Fri 21-Apr-17 12:19:42
Print Post

Congrats good that they didn't leave you over the weekend.
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Fri 21-Apr-17 12:27:02
Print Post

Think it was around 3 or 4 days to hear anything then a week or so later I had the assessment at Yarnfield.
Standard User tthom
(committed) Fri 21-Apr-17 12:32:26
Print Post

Thanks, I got the email through yesterday to say I passed the first screening process questions/video part so remaining hopeful I've done enough to get through

Broadband Providers Aoll/O2/Virgin Media(Cable)/BE//BT infinity/Talktalk/BT Infinity
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Fri 21-Apr-17 12:39:23
Print Post

Thanks mate! Yeah I had been checking my phone every 5 mins but now it's over thank god lol
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Fri 21-Apr-17 14:33:06
Print Post

I'm still waiting,was told would hear a week before
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Fri 21-Apr-17 15:30:56
Print Post

not heard yet
Standard User colinm89
(newbie) Fri 21-Apr-17 16:28:49
Print Post

Not till the end of July mate
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Fri 21-Apr-17 18:44:18
Print Post

Just had a phone call to tell me I have the job!!! Well chuffed! If anyone needs any help just drop me a message

Congratulations mate well done !! smile.

I've taken you up on your offer of help. I've dropped a message into your inbox pm

Thanks much appreciate all your help.

Edited by pythonz (Fri 21-Apr-17 18:45:13)

Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Fri 21-Apr-17 23:20:40
Print Post

Replied mate smile
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Sat 22-Apr-17 10:34:04
Print Post

Just sent you a reply. Thanks for the help mate. much appreicate it smile
Standard User harryvw
(newbie) Sat 22-Apr-17 10:48:00
Print Post

I waited 8 days to hear back from my assessment day! I was certain I hadn't got it....

In reply to a post by Carver:
Anyone starting in August?

I start 7th August

Edited by harryvw (Sat 22-Apr-17 10:49:16)

Standard User theADDict
(newbie) Sat 22-Apr-17 12:10:01
Print Post

Hey folks,
to anyone that did the Birmingham assessment on the 19th....I was there...probably the oldest guy with the grey hair slick back.
So...I got an offer yesterday, really surpised at the speed.
Agreed to 22nd May at Yarnfield, then Croydon...and working in Newcastle Under Lyme

Unsure why Croydon, is that for a certain role ? or what my job offer title is as yet.

Might ask for longer start date, as even in the email they say the process starts with contracts 6 weeks before start date, so to make sure not rushed, get DBS and references etc etc sorted.
Hate to be panicking if a rush and all not sorted and all boxes ticked.

Maybe even sneak in a week away of sunshine too smile

Anyone else at Brum got an offer...plus start date...plus Croydon ?
Cheadle lad....or Meir Heath guy ??
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Sat 22-Apr-17 12:39:34
Print Post

[re: theADDict] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by theADDict:
Hey folks,
to anyone that did the Birmingham assessment on the 19th....I was there...probably the oldest guy with the grey hair slick back.
So...I got an offer yesterday, really surpised at the speed.
Agreed to 22nd May at Yarnfield, then Croydon...and working in Newcastle Under Lyme

Unsure why Croydon, is that for a certain role ? or what my job offer title is as yet.

Might ask for longer start date, as even in the email they say the process starts with contracts 6 weeks before start date, so to make sure not rushed, get DBS and references etc etc sorted.
Hate to be panicking if a rush and all not sorted and all boxes ticked.

Maybe even sneak in a week away of sunshine too smile

Anyone else at Brum got an offer...plus start date...plus Croydon ?
Cheadle lad....or Meir Heath guy ??

I was there the 19th mate, was your assessment for 8:30?

If I'm correct, I spoke to you about you having money in your safe? I joked on sbout being the tax man.

Congrats on the job offer mate, I was also successful smile
Standard User theADDict
(newbie) Sat 22-Apr-17 23:52:43
Print Post

ah brilliant, definitely remember 'the taxman' wink

thats 2 of us then.
Any details on dates and location yet ?
Standard User Dippa
(learned) Sun 23-Apr-17 00:32:13
Print Post

[re: theADDict] [link to this post]

Due to some planned holiday my training starts the 31st July and I'm going to be based in Walsall, which is a good 30/40 min drive lol

I wonder if the other lads we were talking with passed, the one worked for sky I believe
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Sun 23-Apr-17 16:40:56
Print Post

Good luck tomorrow pal, mind and keep the lads updated! If your not allowed PM me lol
Standard User dannyth39
(newbie) Sun 23-Apr-17 16:53:30
Print Post

Hi Dippa, sent you a PM smile
(member) Sun 23-Apr-17 17:43:21
Print Post

Cheers, will do mate sitting on the train as I'm typing this.
Hopefully have an interesting day tomorrow!
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Sun 23-Apr-17 18:06:31
Print Post

Good luck mate!!hopefully I'll get my travel arrangements this week
(member) Sun 23-Apr-17 18:46:02
Print Post

Good luck mate for tomorrow
What's the traveling time and how many train changes?
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Sun 23-Apr-17 20:01:09
Print Post

Good luck mate.
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Mon 24-Apr-17 09:49:19
Print Post

I got mines this morning so you shouldn't be too far behind!
Standard User tthom
(committed) Mon 24-Apr-17 09:50:32
Print Post

Has anyone had this email and is it a good or bad thing

We hope you are well!

We wanted to get in touch to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about you. We're still considering your application for vacancies in your area and we are in the process of selecting candidates for our assessment centres.

We will be in touch in again in 2 weeks

Standard User davek19
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 09:52:12
Print Post

[re: deejay126] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by deejay126:
Hi guys,

'We wanted to get in touch to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about you. We're still considering your application for vacancies where you live, but as yet we can’t book you into an assessment centre.

As previously advised we can’t invite all candidates to an assessment centre but we will inform you either way if you have been successful in making it to the next stage. If your situation has changed and you're no longer interested in an apprenticeship at BT, please let us know so we can update your details.

We will give you another update in two weeks time but if you want to get in touch before you’ve next heard from us please do – you can’t reply to this email but as a reminder our team email address is openreachrecruitment@bt.com'

Best wishes
BT Recruitment Team

Not sure what to make of it, getting worried I may fall at this hurdle! Anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance for your replies guys.

I got the same email mate. Not sure what to make of it to be honest. They're either fully booked at the assessment centre or waiting to see if they get more applications before deciding on us! Have you heard back since?
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 09:54:01
Print Post

I must have been on the same mailing list as you! Just got that email too
Standard User tthom
(committed) Mon 24-Apr-17 09:56:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by deejay126:
Hi guys,

Best wishes
BT Recruitment Team

I got the same email mate. Not sure what to make of it to be honest. They're either fully booked at the assessment centre or waiting to see if they get more applications before deciding on us! Have you heard back since?

No mate I just received that 10 minutes ago what area are you in

Standard User davek19
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 10:01:14
Print Post

That was in reply to someone who posted that last week mate. I'm in North Wales
Standard User tthom
(committed) Mon 24-Apr-17 10:04:08
Print Post

Sorry, Well were not in the same area anyway so not sure what to make of this hopefully you should have some update this week if it's 2 from when you got it

Standard User davek19
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 10:09:46
Print Post

Sounds like they are putting us on the back burner as a last resort mate
Standard User tthom
(committed) Mon 24-Apr-17 10:10:39
Print Post

Don't say that lol, I am going to email them so I will update if I get a response

Standard User davek19
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 10:34:54
Print Post

Ok mate. Let me know what you get in reply
Standard User benstoke89
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 11:01:49
Print Post

New member here, I have had that email too this morning.
I am based in Stoke so West Midlands/North West.

Hope I get an assessment centre invite!
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 11:04:57
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

hopefully they are just booked up so far in advance they can't offer us a date yet. When did you get an email to say you'd passed your video interview?

Edited by davek19 (Mon 24-Apr-17 11:07:18)

Standard User benstoke89
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 11:37:28
Print Post

Hope so!
18th April mate
Standard User tthom
(committed) Mon 24-Apr-17 11:59:06
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

I got mine on the 20th Thursday and then that email a bit quick I thought as it's the weekend

Standard User GDLuke
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 12:12:54
Print Post

Hey guys I've been stalking this thread for a while and it seems a lot of us are in the same situation.

I got the email about passing the video interview on 19/04 and today received the "we'll get back to you in two weeks" one.

If it helps anyone I'm based in the Gloucestershire area. It's not fun waiting this long and I hope something happens soon
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Mon 24-Apr-17 12:34:09
Print Post

[re: GDLuke] [link to this post]

A lot of the guys on here, myself included had to wait over 12 months from application to start date. I'm sure your wait won't be that long though as they seem to have improved the process a lot judging by some of the previous posts on here.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Mon 24-Apr-17 12:40:31
Print Post

Did you get a phone call or e mail?
Standard User Ryank212
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 14:20:02
Print Post

I have been following this thread for a week or so to see how everyone else was finding the recruitment process. See a few people post about receiving an email about they will be in touch in two weeks time. I got the same email this morning. It's a little frustrating not knowing exactly what's going on.
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 14:52:33
Print Post

[re: Ryank212] [link to this post]

It seems we've all been dumped with the same email this morning and their recruitment juggernaut has come to an abrupt halt
Standard User tthom
(committed) Mon 24-Apr-17 15:50:26
Print Post

Looks likely this is what's in my active application

Closing date Ongoing

Trainee Openreach Engineer

N/a

Standard User davek19
(newbie) Mon 24-Apr-17 16:07:30
Print Post

My application now has a new entry with a different job number. All a bit strange
Standard User tthom
(committed) Mon 24-Apr-17 16:19:46
Print Post

Also deleted a recruitment tweet I liked a few days ago so looks like the end of recruitment, I hope I am wrong

Standard User Rhamilton32
(newbie) Tue 25-Apr-17 08:30:40
Print Post

I've got the 7th of August start date too, can't wait but it feels like ages away
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Tue 25-Apr-17 09:50:53
Print Post

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster. I'm applying in the north east region and so far my process has been.

17/04 video interview submitted
20/04 received this email
We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening. We’re progressing your application for the Trainee Openreach Engineer position to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre.

Our assessment centres take place between March and August. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it’s not possible for us to invite all candidates who reach this stage to attend an assessment centre. We invite candidates to an assessment centre based on how well they have done in the earlier parts of the application process and how much of a match they are for the roles we have available.

If you are successful in receiving an invite to an assessment we’ll be in touch to provide further information about the role we’re considering you for and with additional details about the day.

As we arrange hundreds of assessment centres, it does take some planning and there may be a delay in you hearing from us to let you know whether you have been successful at this stage or not. However, we will send you regular updates to let you know if you have been chosen for an assessment centre place.

Then on the 24/04 received the email saying we are still considering you and will let you know in 2 weeks.
We hope you’re well!

We wanted to get in touch to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about you. We're still considering your application for vacancies in your area and we are in the process of selecting candidates for our assessment centres.

Thank you for being so patient as we go through this process. We’ll be back in touch in two weeks’ time but if you want to get in touch before then please get in touch with us at

So i guess we are all in the same boat!
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Tue 25-Apr-17 09:53:27
Print Post

My application now has a new entry with a different job number. All a bit strange

Same for me mate, i was thinking the same. I'm hoping the new application is for a specific area maybe.
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Tue 25-Apr-17 10:08:43
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

Seems like they match you to a specific post at some point the area I have been told I will be based is not where I applied. I will be based about 35 mins away where I applied is roughly 10 - 15 mins. For me the application / job number I applied for disappeared for awhile and now has different number entirely but says offer accepted. It didn't seem to update too much until after I had received further contact with them.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Tue 25-Apr-17 10:15:22
Print Post

Just had my travel details through.....roll on 8th May been a long time since first applying....1 year to be exact lol
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Tue 25-Apr-17 10:30:37
Print Post

Just had mine too fella. Travelling up to yarnfield on Monday morning as it's only 40 mins away from my house. Finally starting to feel real now!
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Tue 25-Apr-17 10:39:07
Print Post

not had mine yet im on 8th too
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Tue 25-Apr-17 10:50:30
Print Post

its 21 months since applying for me hoss
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Tue 25-Apr-17 10:52:11
Print Post

Nice so its starting to feel real now I guess, for me its probably around a year but most of that was simply waiting on a mailing list till they opened up the application process again.

They haven't bothered to collect references yet as far as I know and I sent them my Scottish Disclosure but no confirmation from them that they received it. I even put a request for read receipt in the email but nothing from either party I sent it to two separate recipients. The one it said to do so on the tasks and also to a guy that sent me my additional tasks and as I say no reply/acknowledgment from either.

Currently I haven't handed in my notice as I only have to give a week but I really wanted to give more than that provided they have their references. I know the references will be good but still can't help feeling like I want to hold on to my notice till Openreach say all is good lol.
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Tue 25-Apr-17 10:52:28
Print Post

I would imagine you'll be at some point today, he said he's got a fair few names to get through! As it stands, it'll be Mon / Tues in a hotel, then on the yarnfield complex for the rest of the week, also confirmed that we take delivery of the vans on the Friday.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Tue 25-Apr-17 11:27:00
Print Post

And its two weeks at Yarnfield now,nice 4 1/2 hour drive home on the Friday then back again on the Sunday!
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Tue 25-Apr-17 13:15:37
Print Post

its 30 minutes for me. i was hoping to take my car, wondering if i can leave the van there?
Its gonna be stressful im finalising my MPhil hand in, getting married and moving house during the course lol.
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Tue 25-Apr-17 15:06:40
Print Post

So where you guys originally told just 1 week at Yarnfield and they now changed it to 2? Im wondering if this is the same for everyone. The info on their recruitment page says it will be 2 weeks at Yarnfield but I was told 1 week there and the rest at Bolton.
(learned) Tue 25-Apr-17 15:54:44
Print Post

Since doing my tasks an then being asked for licence an photo I've not heard anything start date is 22nd may I logged into bt telo but there is nothing on there is there somewhere else we can log into ?
Standard User Rhamilton32
(newbie) Tue 25-Apr-17 16:06:26
Print Post

I'm starting 7th of August
(member) Tue 25-Apr-17 17:21:04
Print Post

First couple of days done, it's been good so far. Very busy lots packed into it got all our kit started the induction and enrolled onto the apprenticeship.
Any questions lads let me know.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Tue 25-Apr-17 17:32:44
Print Post

I was originally told 1 week Yarnfield then rest at Livingston.

Guess doesn't really matter.. .just glad to be starting!!
Standard User jordanglb
(newbie) Tue 25-Apr-17 17:36:16
Print Post

Nice one Swansea jack. What's the expected dress code for yarnfield and did you need an extra bag for your kit? Glad it's going well.
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Tue 25-Apr-17 20:34:45
Print Post

Nice one mate! Thanks for being the 1st person to check in!

What kit do you get?
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Tue 25-Apr-17 20:36:48
Print Post

[re: jordanglb] [link to this post]

I was told dress code was smart casual and jeans and tshirt is fine, just enough clothes for 1st couple of days and night time and the rest would be in company uniform when issued .
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Tue 25-Apr-17 20:37:59
Print Post

Thanks Swansea Jack. Remembering what it is like to want information.
Standard User Dippa
(learned) Tue 25-Apr-17 21:43:07
Print Post

Good stuff Swanseajack92 smile

What clothing would you recommend to wear going down and how many days worth did you take ?

How far is it from the train station and how do you get there from the station ?

Many shops around or are you out in the middle of nowhere ?

Guessing the food is free, is this just dinner and breakfast ?
Standard User Antdawe
(learned) Tue 25-Apr-17 22:36:11
Print Post

I'm up here with swanseajack.

He had a bus from train station arranged by BT.

I walked from station. Took me 15/20 minutes.

There's a co op and a pub through the park to the side of the best western hotel where we are at. If you are put up in the best western I recommend the pub as it's cheaper.

Breakfast dinner and tea included.

Jeans and t shirt to first day and uniform for the rest. You'll need your own clothes for every night.

Find yourself a group of friends as it makes it all that much easier.

Good luck
Standard User Antdawe
(learned) Tue 25-Apr-17 22:37:20
Print Post

I wore shorts and t shirt travelling here
(learned) Wed 26-Apr-17 08:34:09
Print Post

[re: Antdawe] [link to this post]

Is there much to do in the evening or is it just pub ?
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 09:21:20
Print Post

im arriving mid day on the 8th staying at a holiday inn induction starts after lunch
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 26-Apr-17 11:34:39
Print Post

I'm travelling down on the Sunday night by train and staying in same place as you!!
(member) Wed 26-Apr-17 11:43:06
Print Post

Yeah some people wore track suit bottoms, dress code is relaxed on the first day then you'll get your uniform.
There not much to do other than drink or sit in your room with the free wifi, we are in a hotel first week so abut different to staying at Yarnfield.
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 12:07:16
Print Post

They've not told me which hotel yet, had an email with my train ticket confirmation on it, but nothing else attached. I'm guessing all the info will arrive via post with tickets hopefully.
Standard User JamesC1999
(newbie) Wed 26-Apr-17 12:36:57
Print Post

Hi Guys,
I have my BT Assessment Centre tomorrow at South Shields for a Trainee Openreach Engineer. Is there anything I should know about before tomorrow?
Thanks
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 12:52:21
Print Post

did the guy ring you? he had the wrong number and address for me
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Wed 26-Apr-17 13:03:53
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

Have a look back further into this thread and you'll be well prepared for what's to come.
Dress smartly be yourself and you won't go far wrong. They will see through the B.S so be honest but give it your all. Very best of luck. 2 interviews maths and English test both timed 40 mins, plug test yes just wiring a plug and colour blind test. As I say have a look back through this thread and any questions you have are likely to be answered but if not there are plenty of us happy to help if we can.
Standard User JamesC1999
(newbie) Wed 26-Apr-17 14:11:52
Print Post

Thank for the advice, Do you know if the wiring plug test is timed? Or is it quality judged? and the Maths and English tests, are they pretty basic? I'm in Sixth form at the moment so it wasn't too long ago since I did Maths and English.
Cheers.
(member) Wed 26-Apr-17 15:21:23
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

Wiring of the plug us timed but you get 20 mins just take your time it's not technical and there are instructions just wear the Safety wear. Maths and English is just to figure out you level so just answer as much as you can ( aparently the assessment has change since some of us attempted it)
Good luck and try to relax get there on time and don't panic be yourself!
Just brush up on who Openreach are and what they do, most information you would have been given.
They seem to be health and safety and customer service orientated not so much on the technical.
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 16:19:45
Print Post

Yeah he rang me mate, off an 0800 number. He said there would be more info regarding hotels and the itinerary etc but I've had nothing like that. Train tickets arrived today though
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 16:26:10
Print Post

he is gonna send them tomorrow via email
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 16:35:35
Print Post

Sound, he gave me a lot of info on the phone and I couldn't remember when it was supposed to be coming. Thanks for that.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 26-Apr-17 18:09:18
Print Post

Got my train tickets today!
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Wed 26-Apr-17 18:21:40
Print Post

Anyone doing the assessment in Newcastle Upon Tyne tomorrow
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 26-Apr-17 19:32:02
Print Post

What time and where is your train leaving from?my train is leaving from Berwick after 1pm
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 19:48:42
Print Post

my trains at 10.31 from birmingham new street
Standard User GDLuke
(newbie) Wed 26-Apr-17 20:16:09
Print Post

[re: Antdawe] [link to this post]

To those of you that have the job now:

How flexible are BT with the start date? I just have holidays booked in July and September and I'm wondering whether they will allow them e.g start in October?

I heard that for the first 8 weeks no holiday is allowed

Thanks
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 20:20:56
Print Post

they were gonna change my start date because im getting married mid way through. i told them its on a saturday so not to bother.
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 20:32:52
Print Post

I get the train at 10:20 on the Monday morning from Wolverhampton to Stafford, then one from Stafford to stone mate.
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Wed 26-Apr-17 21:04:00
Print Post

I haven't started yet but I seem to remember being told they will move your start date to fit around your pre booked holidays so its likely you would just start later yes. I guess it will depend on how many would be starting at the same time though. If its only you they may make you wait longer still.
Standard User GDLuke
(newbie) Wed 26-Apr-17 21:37:58
Print Post

That's fine thanks for the info
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 26-Apr-17 22:04:03
Print Post

Anyone know when you start getting free BT sports etc?
Standard User Beanydc
(newbie) Wed 26-Apr-17 22:54:48
Print Post

Hey mate. I start the 8th aswell and had missed call and a message from a bloke from that number. Need to ring him tomorrow. He tell you much? How long are you/we in yarnfield for anyone know?
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 23:08:16
Print Post

[re: Beanydc] [link to this post]

ring him soon hes going on holiday soon
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 23:09:20
Print Post

+1 i want to know this too
Standard User ShavedApe
(learned) Thu 27-Apr-17 00:20:27
Print Post

Once you have your uin you can get it apparently. The new starters site says you'll be shown where you can do it online around induction time but it may take a few weeks for you to be fully integrated into the system.
(member) Thu 27-Apr-17 06:56:16
Print Post

You can do it on the 2nd or 3rd day once your all set up on your laptop, it's all done through they're own intranet. I already ordered my infinity upgrade.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Thu 27-Apr-17 08:03:26
Print Post

Thanks lads for info.
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Thu 27-Apr-17 10:49:21
Print Post

I just got email confirmation, I passed my assessment. Well chuffed smile

It might have taken over a year to get to this stage but the end result is well worth it.

Just like to thank everyone really on this forum, for the wealth of information presented to make the whole journey slightly easier.

Dippa mate much appreciate for all your help, Thanks again smile

Edited by pythonz (Thu 27-Apr-17 10:50:24)

Standard User Dippa
(learned) Thu 27-Apr-17 10:54:12
Print Post

Congratulations mate! Well pleased for you smile When's your start date ?
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Thu 27-Apr-17 11:03:31
Print Post

[re: Beanydc] [link to this post]

He just advised that yarnfield was fully booked for the first two days, and that I would be in a hotel until Wednesday morning, then Yarnfield after that. I asked about how many weeks we would be away for, and he said a week at yarnfield, then 5 in Bolton, but they wouldn't all be together. I'm guessing he meant a week away here and there during the 12 weeks training, and that I would be going live at the end of July. There's supposed to be an email coming out today with the breakdown of everything on it training wise, but he said he was on holiday tomorrow and Monday.

Inductions are due to start around midday on the Monday.

That's basically all I know I'm afraid
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Thu 27-Apr-17 11:30:47
Print Post

Just had a thought... does anyone know what the policy is regarding tattoos?
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Thu 27-Apr-17 11:33:20
Print Post

probably better to cover them as much as possible
Standard User pythonz
(newbie) Thu 27-Apr-17 11:36:46
Print Post

Thanks m8, sent you a reply to your pm.

No start date as of yet. Just sent email back with my holiday date i'd booked in for June. so most likely, my start date will be sometimes in July i guess. Strange i didn't get a telephone call but email to state i was successful and to reply with any holiday dates. Just a waiting game from now on to fulfill criteria.

Edited by pythonz (Thu 27-Apr-17 11:39:41)

Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Thu 27-Apr-17 11:52:44
Print Post

leta hope the email comes soon cant wait to start now
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Thu 27-Apr-17 12:00:42
Print Post

I know mate. Assessment centre seems a long long time ago now. its been a very long process.
Standard User allbro75
(newbie) Thu 27-Apr-17 12:04:04
Print Post

My start date is the 15th of May, anyone else at the same time?
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Thu 27-Apr-17 12:40:56
Print Post

aal of lifes stressful events happening at the same time lol. Im moving towards your end of the woods, handing in my research degree, getting married and starting this job.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 27-Apr-17 13:05:53
Print Post

Closed and new forum section

Thread has got very very long again, and as its seventh time this has happened you have yourselves a new forum section to post in

See http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/job.html

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to