General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Heatherbee213
(newbie) Fri 07-Apr-17 15:14:52
Print Post

Gmail support

[link to this post]

I contacted the support phone line about importing my Orange contacts into Gmail as I'm having trouble. During the 'takeover' and telephone talk I was asked not only for my email addresses but for my passwords. Is this usual? Then he said my laptop is working slowly and set about checking stuff. I have had my laptop crashed in the past so I felt very wary about that and stopped the process. Does anyone have any take on this and should I change my passwords?
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Apr-17 15:18:42
Print Post

Re: Gmail support

[re: Heatherbee213] [link to this post]

Gmail has no telephone support so you were likely talking to a possibly nefarious "support team".

Yes, change your passwords.

Oliver.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Apr-17 15:24:05
Print Post

What support phone line? Where did you get the contact details from?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Fri 07-Apr-17 15:57:18
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Thanks, I already have. There are several numbers listed in Google! I'm glad I stopped it!
(newbie) Fri 07-Apr-17 15:58:11
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Google - I'll try to alert them; there used to be a facility
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 07-Apr-17 16:04:18
Print Post

Google lists millions of phone numbers, so finding the right one for GMail (if there even is one) is very hit or miss.

If it was a number not found on https://www.google.com/contact/ then I suspect you have called a 'fake' number.

If the people on this number got you to download and use AnyDesk then almost certainly part of the scam circle that we covered a while ago
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7647-how-to-avoid...

If you want someone to look into the number you called, then private message me and will see if number is suspect or may have been real.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to