General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Realalemadrid
(regular) Mon 15-May-17 15:09:20
Print Post

Re: Bridge tap?

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

Not seen that text at the bottom of the checker before - " Premise environment Bridge Tap Status U"
So difficult to guess what it means, is there any explanation in the text below the checker results? May have to wait for someone with inside knowledge to respond.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-May-17 16:46:50
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

Now looking on me mac, and can see the detail ........ I wonder if the 'U' stands for unknown or untested maybe ?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 15-May-17 17:43:28
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Where is this thing with the U please? It wasn't showing on my iPad and isn't on my Win 10 IE11. Only the wodge of usual bumf part of which I have quoted earlier.

Edit: Not on Chrome either.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 64513/13170Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 15-May-17 17:45:34)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-May-17 17:49:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

See lower left hand of image. There you should see the heading "Premise environment" and in the column to the right "Status"
The line below reads "Bridge Tap" with a U in the next column headed "Status".

Edit: Perfectly visible as part of the image here on Win 10 using any of Edge, Firefox or Chrome.

Edited by MCM (Mon 15-May-17 17:50:54)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 15-May-17 18:04:04
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Ahhh smile. Thanks. Mine has an "N".

"Premise" bah frown !!!!!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 64513/13170Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-May-17 18:12:41
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

"Premise" bah frown !!!!!
I thought youwould like that one whichis why I made certain I copied the text exactly as shown in the graphic.

I suspect that as Zarjaz inimated, U = Unknown, your N = No and there will also be as yet unseen "Y"s for Yes, bridge tapped. Makes me wonder whether OR will react and attempt to correct any Ys.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-May-17 20:02:06
Print Post

I suspect that as Zarjaz inimated,(?) U = Unknown, your N = No and there will also be as yet unseen "Y"s for Yes, bridge tapped. Makes me wonder whether OR will react and attempt to correct any Ys.
I feel fairly confident in saying that they will nothing about this unless requested to do so by the CP. Sorting these faults out costs money, money the CP's didn't wish to pay for in the form of engineer installs.

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-May-17 20:52:53
Print Post

Understood although whether some of those paying next to nothing for their connection will be happy.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-May-17 21:50:28
Print Post

My BT estimates have been updated too, with N on the Bridge Tap section.

Clean: High 80 low 65.4 was 66.1
Impacted: High 74.6 low 40.4 was 41.6

Also the ADSL estimates have changed as well but didn't note them, just know they have gone up slightly.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus DSL-N55U and TP-Link WD9970 on 80 Meg LLU Fibre
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Current Sync: 68696/18766
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Tue 16-May-17 12:47:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
I feel fairly confident in saying that they will nothing about this unless requested to do so by the CP. Sorting these faults out costs money, money the CP's didn't wish to pay for in the form of engineer installs.

You'd hope it signifies a better capability in automatic testing of the line, which can then feed back at the time of sale.

If ISPs can be given a reliable indication of whether the A range or the B range applies, it gives some scope to upsell an engineer install.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to