General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woodmass14
(member) Sun 11-Jun-17 20:22:10
Print Post

Am i being throttled?

[link to this post]

Good evening folks.

This started happening a few days ago. We usually get a good steady 8mbps but as of late we have been getting between 4-5mbps. The router stats have not changed one bit, looks the same as it typically is, errors and all.

The speeds are noticeably slower, tried 4 different speed checkers, thinkbroadband being one of them and all say about the same.

Also checked the bt speed checker, showing an ip profile of 8mbps. I've blocked every other device on my network and done these speed tests to rule out any bandwidth usage on those other devices, yet still the same.

So my question is, where has the 3-4mbps disappeared too?

Router stats
https://ibb.co/jAMH2a

Thinkbroadband speedtest.
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/14972086204...
Latency is typically below 40.

Oh, forgot to say, these tests were done at different times of the day to rule out congestion. Also never had problems with congestion in the past so hard to believe its that.

Thanks in advance
Michael.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Jun-17 00:01:16
Print Post

Re: Am i being throttled?

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

You are measuring these speeds how? Over wireless or Ethernet cable? Do you get the same slow speed over Ethernet?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Mon 19-Jun-17 00:02:25)

Standard User woodmass14
(member) Mon 19-Jun-17 09:56:14
Print Post

Re: Am i being throttled?

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Hi Xray.

A mix of both at the time. I managed to fix the problem myself though.

Turns out it was the router firmware update causing it, i don't know how i missed it as it started happening as soon as i updated the darn thing. There must have been conflicts and a reset of the router fixed the problem.

Thanks for messaging anyhow.
Regards
Michael.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to