General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gmangt4
(learned) Sat 15-Jul-17 15:17:05
Print Post

Re: Huawei HG612 with Linksys WRT1900ACS

[re: craski] [link to this post]

Hi, I was looking for feedback along similar lines, I have Sky FTTC 40/10 service, currently using a TP-Link W9970 in bridge mode wired to an Asus RT-AC68U as the router, I have issues with the TBB Quality Monitor showing lots of packet loss unless my XB1 is on, the XB1 is in the DMZ and when its on is the only time the TBBQM works for me, I tried the Vigor 130 and the net felt slow, I also have a Billion 8800NL R2 which I also tried in bridge mode but again the net felt sluggish and laggy, which took me to the W9970 which I am using now, I was thinking about buying a HG612 3B as the modem, would the HG612 be better than the W9970, I'm looking for as low latency as possible for gaming.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Jul-17 22:32:11
Print Post

[re: gmangt4] [link to this post]

I also got high packet loss on my TBB BQM when using the Tplink W9970 in bridge mode, went back to a HG612 and the packet loss magically disappeared. Rather than wasting time trying to troubleshoot the W9970, I returned it to Argos and got my 30 quid back.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Standard User gmangt4
(learned) Sat 15-Jul-17 22:54:36
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply, I've been pulling my hair out with it, I set up another AC68U exact same as mine at a friends but with VM Superhub in modem mode and the TBB graph works fine, although can't say the same about his VM though. I might spend the £20 and get a HG612 then, cheers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to