General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User helpoort
(committed) Mon 17-Jul-17 18:33:47
Print Post

Re: Openreach fix times v British Gas

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Not on Topic, sorry !!!,Telephone call from British Gas. Said This is British Gas,press any key.
What is that all about, Puzzled.
Potential Scam?.
helpoort
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Jul-17 17:11:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I complained to Plusent that my phone/boardband was not working on a Sunday morning. I was offered an engineer visit the next morning. The fault was found and corrected.

It took me 48 hours to find out why my oil fired boiler would not keep working and that was because I just happend to view a youtube video where someone mentioned that the solenoid which controls the flow from the oil pump can become open circuit when it gets warm, but the circuit closes again when it cools down, which makes fault find by measuring the resistance difficult!

Michael Chare
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 21-Jul-17 18:00:03
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

British Gas and oil-fired boilers?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Jul-17 18:58:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I took it as a comparison between broadband and central heating problems. A central heating pump faillure has nothing to do with gas. Arguably a broadband service is more akin to a gas supply, and a central heating system which you would own is more akin to a router and any other home network components, granted the latter are more easy to replace quickly!

Michael Chare
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to