General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User andyryan1988
(newbie) Sun 27-Aug-17 21:57:39
Print Post

New build Cabinet Numbers

[link to this post]

I recently moved in to a new build, and my property is approximately 100 yrds from a cabinet that is currently undergoing the upgrade to fiber. Should be exciting times but when I check the "when and where" website and adsl checker it says we're on a completely different cabinet number.

The estate the house is on is served by two cabinets, 79 and 80 (with 79 undergoing the current upgrade and 80 to follow). But I'm being told we're on 162 and that we're not even "In scope". How can that be possible for a new build.

Whats weird is according to https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=7... cabinet 162 doesn't exist. Maybe its a new cabinet and thats why it says its not in scope too. But then why would be not be on the cab that I can practically spit on from my front door.

Someone give me some hope and tell me we won't be doomed to sub 5mb broadband forever. Could it be a database error? a placeholder cab number? a new cabinet?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 28-Aug-17 09:20:19
Print Post

Re: New build Cabinet Numbers

[re: andyryan1988] [link to this post]

Codelook is a future plan so does not reflect everything going on and plans change or are wrong...

In short until everything is built and live anything could happen.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Aug-17 15:21:28
Print Post

Re: New build Cabinet Numbers

[re: andyryan1988] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andyryan1988:
How can that be possible for a new build.

Because it is up to the developer to decide what telecoms provision to ask for. And developers aren't known for just giving their money away. Not unless they are forced to.

Caveat emptor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to