General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sheephouse
(learned) Tue 05-Sep-17 19:17:25
Print Post

Transfer to 21C Network

[link to this post]

Here's a strange one I'd like opinions on...

I have a 20CN EO line with ADSL Max Premium from Plusnet. 21CN is not available at my exchange, although the two cabinets are FTTC enabled.

I've been talking to BT Business, BT Wholesale, and Ofcom about when the EO line and/or exchange may be upgraded. About 3 weeks ago I heard back from BT Wholesale that it would be upgraded "never, ever, ever".

However, I have just noticed a Service Notice on my Plusnet account (dated 23rd August) that says "The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network. The transfer will complete by midnight on 08/09/2017."

I guessed that this would mean that I would just get ADSL Max over IPStream Connect on 21CN (so no real change). However, I have spoken to tech support who tell me that there is an order to transfer the service to ADSL2+, although they agree that it isn't showing up as available at my exchange.

Is it possible that BT Wholesale wouldn't know that ADSL2+ was being installed? (if they didn't know, who would?)

I don't actually believe that ADSL2+ is available, as the BT availability checker doesn't think it is available either.

The exchange is Netherend (SSNRD).

Has anyone any suggestions as to what might happen on Friday?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 05-Sep-17 22:56:25
Print Post

Re: Transfer to 21C Network

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

Support are probably just confused

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Sep-17 23:24:48
Print Post

More likely you moved to new PN network from old PN network (nothing to do with 21C Network) below:

‘Shared’ to ‘Dedicated’ Wholesale Broadband Managed Connect (WBMC) platform via BTWholesale

Edited by adslmax (Tue 05-Sep-17 23:26:19)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Fri 08-Sep-17 08:57:57
Print Post

The ADSL2+ order that they’re seeing has me confused though. Makes me think that the exchange is being upgraded to 21CN.

[size=100][color=Crimson]Icaras[/color][/size]
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Sep-17 09:05:21
Print Post

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/02/bt-upda...

Will be interesting to hear if anything has changed at your exchange today or sometime soon.

plusnet user
Standard User gregormac
(regular) Fri 08-Sep-17 11:10:00
Print Post

Im on a very small exchange, <500 lines, we got our FTTC in and on the quiet BT OR upgraded the exchange to 21CN ( ADSL2+) It was news even to the Head of BT Scotland!!

Watch the BT wholesale line checker for your phone number, it should update when ADSL2 is available

80/20 FTTC
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 08-Sep-17 11:22:54
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

On a side note Icaras, wha' a g'wan with yer sig me bredrin' ?

Standard User sheephouse
(learned) Fri 08-Sep-17 11:46:11
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

Actually, the regrade order is now "pending cancellation". It is 99.999% likely it was an administrative hiccup. There are no plans to upgrade my exchange.
Standard User TygerTyger2010
(regular) Fri 08-Sep-17 12:37:46
Print Post

[re: gregormac] [link to this post]

Scotland here too. We had ADSL Max for years. Then FTTC was suddenly added from early 2015. That is all there was. This year the whole village exchange went to ADSL2+, with FTTPoD availability. T

The ADSL2+/FTTPoD services were listed in the BT checker before their start date. The main village centre on one side of the main street where the exhange, and x2 of the FTTC cabs are, were shut off with barriers for a few days, and the pavement completely dug up on one side of the road to put in more fiber optic kit.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1
Standard User TygerTyger2010
(regular) Fri 08-Sep-17 12:41:26
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

He flew too close to the sun and his Sig melted ! laugh laugh

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to