General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User shalebing
(newbie) Wed 06-Sep-17 19:34:53
Print Post

Re: Broadband speed painfully slow

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
In reply to a post by shalebing:
I have two sockets in living room (one being the master) and one in each of two bedrooms. One of the bedrooms is where my PC resides so I need that one certainly as I don't want the PC in the living room. I don't really fancy doing away with extension sockets or mucking around with rewiring faceplates...

If you retain the 3 unfiltered extensions (possibly with the bell wires still connected?) you might be back to square one, regarding downstream sync speed, even with the use of homeplugs linking router to computer.

Damn - this is getting complicated! <lol>
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Sep-17 19:50:39
Print Post

[re: shalebing] [link to this post]

If you go with homeplugs the short answer is: fit a filtered faceplate on the master (Mk3 faceplate if's a NTE5A master) and just connect your router's adsl lead to the faceplate's RJ45 socket. No need to touch the extension wiring connections on the outer plate, although personally I would also disconnect the bell wires from the extensions if they are not needed.

Edit: sorry forgot to look at your picture, it does look like a NTE5A master and perhaps rather close to a mains 13amp socket. The proximity of the mains 13 amp socket shouldn't be a potential problem if you get the voice extensions filtered.

Edited by 4M2 (Wed 06-Sep-17 20:03:32)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Sep-17 08:11:37
Print Post

If the other extensions aren't in use then you could consider just disconnecting them at the master.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User philippercival
(knowledge is power) Wed 13-Sep-17 00:16:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by shalebing:
Only sockets in use are the master one in living room where telephone plugged in and the one in spare bedroom which I used for the router. Both have filters fitted. I don't have a sky box.

Fax machine?
Burglar Alarm?
Any other medical Automated calling device.?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to