General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User robsdesk
(newbie) Thu 14-Sep-17 20:38:59
Print Post

Alton cabinet 33 - anyone able to shed any light

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm connected to the above cabinet as a householder on one of 3 developments connected to Alton 33, unfortunately we were too early for FTTP to have happened but the cabinet wasn't FTTC enabled from the outset. I've been working with Hampshire's superfast team for a couple of years to try and get us on their radar properly (with no success but that's another story).

Apparently today there has been a lot of openreach activity around the development, engineers pulling fiber & claiming to be getting things in place for fiber (I've not been here to ascertain what flavor - I wasn't home). Hampshire claim to have been taking to openreach & neither they or Hampshire have any plans for us, which seems rather at odds with what's been going on today (also activity in the existing cabinet, although no sign of an additional cabinet as yet).

The openreach site still shows us at the exploring solutions stage, some people on here seem to sometimes have more visibility of what's happening, any of the houses in GU34 4BL are connected to that cabinet if that helps & anyone is able to shed some light as to what's going on.

Cheers

Rob
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Thu 14-Sep-17 21:22:24
Print Post

Re: Alton cabinet 33 - anyone able to shed any light

[re: robsdesk] [link to this post]

I don't suppose the BT availability checker has a "WBC FTTC Availability Date" or status that sounds promising?
Standard User robsdesk
(newbie) Fri 15-Sep-17 06:10:04
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Nope, no changes there at all.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User witchunt
(committed) Mon 18-Sep-17 19:18:44
Print Post

[re: robsdesk] [link to this post]

No evidence of any work in progress for FTTx so the fibre work observed is probably unrelated.
  Print Thread

Jump to