General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Lewthy89
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 17:00:07
Print Post

Swap from Tentel to TalkTalk

[link to this post]

So Tentel has went bust and swapping their services to TalkTalk who i've been with before and never want to go back to. Am i within my rights to cancel my contract free of charge because of this swap?

They say i can sign up to a talktalk contract or swap services to them and pay the same until the day i was finished contract with Tentel?
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Sep-17 17:27:01
Print Post

Re: Swap from Tentel to TalkTalk

[re: Lewthy89] [link to this post]

I would think that you have been correctly advised.

Michael Chare
Standard User Lewthy89
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 17:29:25
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

That i can cancel free of charge?

I said this to them on the phone but they said they 'think' i would have to pay the cancellation cost but i know operators too well its them trying to scare you from doing it

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 21-Sep-17 17:52:19
Print Post

[re: Lewthy89] [link to this post]

Cancelling is the wrong word, unless you want to NOT have broadband at all.

You want to migrate your broadband, cancellation implies a thing called a cease, that raises a charge at the wholesale level and is usually passed onto the consumer.

If you were within a minimum term with TenTel then that normally still be in force with whichever provider takes over the service. If in no minimum term then you are free to migrate at will, but be forewarned sometimes when these collapses happen a migration is done behind the scenes to move people between different platforms...if the TenTel service was over the TalkTalk platform then this would not be the case.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Lewthy89
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 18:27:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for information.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 22-Sep-17 06:38:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Cancelling is the wrong word, unless you want to NOT have broadband at all.

You want to migrate your broadband, cancellation implies a thing called a cease, that raises a charge at the wholesale level and is usually passed onto the consumer.

If you were within a minimum term with TenTel then that normally still be in force with whichever provider takes over the service. If in no minimum term then you are free to migrate at will, but be forewarned sometimes when these collapses happen a migration is done behind the scenes to move people between different platforms...if the TenTel service was over the TalkTalk platform then this would not be the case.

Surly if a company goes bankrupt then any contract made will be void.

Saying that best to change over first anyway and then decide about going as Talk talk will have no right to extend any contract.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 10 pro, reluctantly, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 22-Sep-17 09:02:49
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Surly if a company goes bankrupt then any contract made will be void.

No, not quite, that only happens when the company is formally wound up. During the administration process when the administrator will try to find a buyer for the whole company, the assets, intellectual property &c the contacts can be "sold" to a third party buyer. However, during the novation (contract transfer), the customer has the right to say NO. They cannot be forced to move but until that point the contract remains valid. It is, in cases like this to move all customers across unless they object and they cannot be treated less favourably than before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to