General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cjt105
(learned) Mon 16-Oct-17 18:23:19
Print Post

New build in central london - 4Mb-8Mb estimated speeds

[link to this post]

I'm moving into a new-build apartment in central London (postcode NW6 2AQ)

When I look at the estimated speed broadband I can get, the BT Wholesale site estimates just 4Mb-8Mb. At first I assumed this was because the line wasn't set up, so I checked the available speed of the phone number currently of a retail unit on the ground floor of the building (020 7625 1067) - this showed similar results. Both lines appear to be connected via Maida Vale cabinet 64.

Would welcome suggestions of what I can do to get a reasonable broadband speed.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Oct-17 18:28:58
Print Post

Re: New build in central london - 4Mb-8Mb estimated speeds

[re: cjt105] [link to this post]

Contact Hyperoptic ?

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 16-Oct-17 18:30:06
Print Post

Cabinet 64 is not enabled for VDSL2, so only ADSL2+ speeds from Openreach based networks currently.

If building being considered by Hyperoptic for their Gigabit service?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Tue 17-Oct-17 12:04:45
Print Post

Hi there, we'd suggest our ultrafast broadband, with more than reasonable broadband speed and price as well. We're not yet available at your building, but should be really soon. It's a matter of weeks, if all goes well. Please register interest for our service, that way you'll be kept informed about our arrival -> http://ow.ly/docR30cxT3L. Also, feel free to contact us for more details. Our CS team is available 24/7.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User cjt105
(learned) Fri 20-Oct-17 10:06:20
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

Thanks all! Spoke to Hyperoptic this morning, and they confirmed it'd be 1 - 2 months until it's live in the building. In the meantime will look into short-term options potentially with Relish - will post in the wireless ISP forum...
  Print Thread

Jump to