General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User athegn
(committed) Fri 20-Oct-17 12:27:26
Print Post

Legality of on line conditions

[link to this post]

This is not just for broadband contracts but any where over the phone conditions are give.

I have just taken out a mobile contract with Virgin and had to listen to a long session of conditions being read out. Frankly they went over my head; including the accent of the reader.

All I want is the email conditions I can read at my leisure.

The online and email conditions should be the same but do the online conditions have any legal standing; if the email conditions are as good why do I have to struggle with the online and pay for the privilege?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Oct-17 14:58:15
Print Post

Re: Legality of on line conditions

[re: athegn] [link to this post]

Online T&C are binding i.e. ones shown on a web page and verbal contracts over the phone too.

If there are differences that make the impact on you as you consumer materially different then you can contest them, but without specifics impossible to say any more.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Oct-17 16:39:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by athegn:
This is not just for broadband contracts but any where over the phone conditions are give.

I have just taken out a mobile contract with Virgin and had to listen to a long session of conditions being read out. Frankly they went over my head; including the accent of the reader.

All I want is the email conditions I can read at my leisure.

The online and email conditions should be the same but do the online conditions have any legal standing; if the email conditions are as good why do I have to struggle with the online and pay for the privilege?

Because if you are taking it up over the phone, they have to read them out... Blame the regulators for that one.
Compliance is the bain of call center life. I have been known to say that this is long enough to go and make a brew smile Read into that whatever you want....

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User athegn
(committed) Fri 20-Oct-17 17:00:14
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

"...Blame the regulators for that one...c
"

Perhaps the regulator shoild be forced to listen to a new set of conditions every daysmile
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Sun 29-Oct-17 12:16:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by athegn:
"...Blame the regulators for that one...c
"

Perhaps the regulator shoild be forced to listen to a new set of conditions every daysmile

Oh IF only! tongue

CJT.

On Virgin Media Up to 50Mbps
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 29-Oct-17 16:01:21
Print Post

Online conditions are almost certainly legally binding.

I inquired about a new credit card. I was told that if I applied by phone the process would be slow because I would be sent a piece of paper to sign and return whereas if I made an online application, the card could then just be issued.

Michael Chare
  Print Thread

Jump to