General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cold_norton
(newbie) Wed 15-Nov-17 13:19:26
Print Post

Best broadband in Cold Norton area

[link to this post]

Does anyone know the best broadband option for the cold norton area.
I am currently with BT getting 2.0 MBPS

I have heard county broad band offer speeds upto 35 MBPS but I have heard there maybe customer support issues

Can anyone in cold norton area give me some good recommendations based on there personal experience,

Thnaks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 15-Nov-17 13:57:02
Print Post

Re: Best broadband in Cold Norton area

[re: cold_norton] [link to this post]

Either County with their fixed wireless or if you can stay in an affordable usage allowance a 4G service?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User purleigh
(newbie) Wed 15-Nov-17 19:56:37
Print Post

[re: cold_norton] [link to this post]

I am guessing that you are connected to the Purleigh telephone exchange, and not Latchingdon ?

Were you aware that the Purleigh exchange is being upgraded from "ADSL Max" to "WBC ADSL2+" on 17th November 2017 ?.
So it is possible that your connection speed might improve this week !
Check your phone number using dslchecker.bt.com to see if you are due to upgrade to "WBC ADSL2+" on Friday.

According to the roadworks.org website, BT are starting work on clearing the underground cable ducts in Purleigh, in preparation for laying fibre to the cabinet on the corner of Lodge Lane, starting 19th November. There is also work next week on Fambridge Road near Cold Norton, "to facilitate BT Openreach fibre cabling works". So something is starting to happen towards getting FTTC !

Have you looked at using fixed wireless broadband from FibreWiFi ?
You should get excellent coverage in Cold Norton from their aerials on the Great Canney water tower at the top of the hill.

I would also suggest talking to Lodge Information Services as they have extensive local knowledge of everything broadband related in your area.

Edited by purleigh (Wed 15-Nov-17 22:23:28)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User purleigh
(newbie) Fri 17-Nov-17 09:57:57
Print Post

[re: purleigh] [link to this post]

Update:
The upgrade to "WBC ADSL2+" at the Purleigh exchange didn't happen as scheduled on 17th November 2017.
The date now showing on dslchecker.bt.com is 17th December 2017 !

Edited by purleigh (Fri 17-Nov-17 11:20:56)

Standard User purleigh
(newbie) Thu 10-May-18 22:23:28
Print Post

[re: purleigh] [link to this post]

Update:

The Purleigh telephone exchange got upgraded at last !, with "WBC ADSL2+" 'available' since 24th April 2018.

In recent weeks "Cabinet #1" at the junction of Howe Green Road and Latchingdon Road (serving Cold Norton) was upgraded to FTTC. The SuperfastEssex website now reports the early estimate delivery timeframe as June 2018.

Edited by purleigh (Thu 10-May-18 22:25:52)

Print Thread

Jump to