General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 23-Nov-17 20:59:26
Print Post

Re: Worth of BT Speedcheck

[re: Bracken2] [link to this post]

If you have smart wifi enabled, the wifi channel changes when the hub reboots. To stop this you should set it to a channel you get good speed on.

Of course, if you use ethernet your speedtest wouldn't be affected by a bad wifi channel.

Edited by BatBoy (Thu 23-Nov-17 21:01:40)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 23-Nov-17 21:18:46
Print Post

So the old turn off and turn on fixed it

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Nov-17 22:03:56
Print Post

Homehub 6 fixed this entirely for me by the way & most of the guys who previously complained about it.
I had fixed wireless channel and split SSID so isnít the channel changing etc with reboots.

Well complained about bug on the BT forums, weirdly a lot of the posts related to it get deleted!

Check with BT if you can recontract for a free homehub 6 or pick one up on eBay.

When you get the new one split the bands as 2.4ghz almost never delivers full speeds.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Thu 23-Nov-17 22:06:49)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Nov-17 22:10:34
Print Post

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/bt/4479323-homehub-...

I posted on the issue in 2016, a few guys had same issue and then I had a thread on BT forums which got around 20 pages of responses before the thread disappeared. Ridiculous really.

The 5A caps around 25 to 30Mbps on 5ghz, the 5B is around 10Mbps on 5ghz. Both devices perform incredibly well on 2.4Ghz, I often could get 50+ on 2.4Ghz and only 27ish on 5Ghz, odd really as 5Ghz should perform much better. Reboots always solved it, even on fixed wireless channels. I tried everything, I mean everything, then switched to a talktalk router I had, followed by the hub 6. Used the Hub 6 around a year without a problem, now on Sky.

Best of luck, as I say HH6 was a great hub in my experience.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Thu 23-Nov-17 22:23:16)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to