General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User partial
(experienced) Thu 07-Dec-17 21:21:51
Print Post

Re: All PCPs being re-shelled

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

A cabinet with a GFast pod will have a mains voltage cable entering the cabinet ducts. It's the red one!
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Thu 07-Dec-17 22:13:04
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Strange as it's not mains voltage.
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Thu 07-Dec-17 22:30:40
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by partial:
A cabinet with a GFast pod will have a mains voltage cable entering the cabinet ducts. It's the red one!

Good point, I forget as we havenít got any G.fast round here yet. It enters into the main part of PCP sand then goes into the G.fast pod from what I recall?

In reply to a post by eckiedoo:
Thanks, Icaras, for those details.

I must wander across the next time this new shell is open.

Wonder why the "hidden" vents? Suggests either existing dampness or possible mains equipment later. If the latter, it would be a some-what different environment, to work on in the future.

These dual shelled (that doesnít sound like the right phrase!) cabs have been around for years though, long before the thought of having voltage near a PCP came up. Just a different method of manufacture I suppose. A benefit could be that driving rain canít get inside the double shelled cabs, as although we describe them as ďventedĒ cabs they arenít vented in the sense of having external vents. So even the worst driving rain couldnít get inside. Maybe thatís why.

Icaras

Edited by Icaras (Thu 07-Dec-17 22:35:22)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-Dec-17 15:53:14
Print Post

[re: derby13] [link to this post]

This link shows what happened to my line, whether simple coincidence or cause-

https://s17.postimg.org/akjcep37z/2017y_12m_08d_Spee...

The PCP Shell was changed in the middle of September 2017.
Standard User derby13
(learned) Wed 13-Dec-17 10:41:56
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

Looks like a G.fast rollout is happening as I spotted a pod attached to one of the re-shelled cabs. I went for a drive and it turns out 4 of the 36 PCPs have had them fitted. Nothing is showing on the fibre availability website or DSL Checker about it yet, so they may well just be taking care of the "physical" installation for the time being and coming back to do the actual setting up later on, as we're not actually listed as one of the pilot areas. Exciting stuff though laugh
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to