General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jdowning640
(committed) Thu 14-Dec-17 20:58:58
Print Post

Didn't pay BT bill, services cut off, want to change BB prov

[link to this post]

Hello,
My father forgot to pay his BT bill for a couple of months.

I was with BT Residential for the landline and with Vivaciti for ADSL2+ Annex M.

I woke up on Monday morning to find an email from Vivaciti saying that a cease order was going through on my account. I quickly called BT to find that the bill wasn't paid, and that they had put through a cease order that morning.

Anyway, I needed broadband back on that line ASAP as it's used for a business. So I ordered a new broadband/line package with install date of 20 Nov.

I am aware that BT Res don't offer Annex M which I need due to voip usage. I thought BT Business do but am reading online that that's maybe only through BT Local resellers.
It's an 18 month contract I'm in.

is there any way to switch over to an ADSL2+ Annex M service within the 14 days. I am just not sure of how this would work with BT, as I doubt they'd give me a MAC code.
I don't want to cancel the broadband order as that'd be more of a delay, a migration would be great though.
I'd keep the line with BT

Cheers,
Jack
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 14-Dec-17 21:09:06
Print Post

Re: Didn't pay BT bill, services cut off, want to change BB

[re: jdowning640] [link to this post]

You can migrate to who you want. BT canít use the debt as a reson to stop you. But you must pay the debt
(committed) Thu 14-Dec-17 21:11:44
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
You can migrate to who you want. BT canít use the debt as a reson to stop you. But you must pay the debt

Hi, debt has been paid, but BT said I can't "stop" the cease, so I had to then go and order a brand new line/broadband package. So I'll have a new number presumably too.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 14-Dec-17 23:15:32
Print Post

The MAC (code) system was abolished in 2014.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 74145/13476Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 14-Dec-17 23:18:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by jdowning640:
Anyway, I needed broadband back on that line ASAP as it's used for a business. So I ordered a new broadband/line package with install date of 20 Nov.

I am aware that BT Res don't offer Annex M which I need due to voip usage. I thought BT Business do but am reading online that that's maybe only through BT Local resellers.
It's an 18 month contract I'm in.

is there any way to switch over to an ADSL2+ Annex M service within the 14 days. I am just not sure of how this would work with BT, as I doubt they'd give me a MAC code.
Was it installed on 20 November? That was 24 days ago.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 74145/13476Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(committed) Thu 14-Dec-17 23:19:18
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Sorry, due to be installed next Wed, 20 Dec.

edit: when I say installed, I don't think they need to come out or anything..

Edited by jdowning640 (Thu 14-Dec-17 23:19:48)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 14-Dec-17 23:21:46
Print Post

AIUI a cease can be stopped at any time up to and including the day before it is to be actioned. I believe you were misinformed.

Has it ceased yet? If not, and I am right, then you have a good case for negotiation. I'm sure if it went to ADR you would win.

(committed) Thu 14-Dec-17 23:29:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They had sent a letter out dated late November to his home address with 'Final notice', but my Father insisted he only got it the Friday before the service was deactivated. He said he got the letter on 8 Dec. It is his fault he didn't pay his bill on time. I just thought it strange that given he paid it the second it got cut off that there's no way of reactivating it. He also lost his number which he's annoyed about because it's the same number he's had for ages

An email came through from BT this Monday, at 1am (I checked my emails a couple of minutes after the internet stopped working).
https://imgur.com/a/bSsM5

I then got an email from Enta at 9am the following morning:
https://imgur.com/a/pOGBx

I rung BT up straight away, and she said she can usually just re-activate it if the service has just been stopped, but she said she can't. So I paid my bill and she transferred me to sales where I placed a new order for landline/internet.

It seemed to be actioned on the same day as it was ceased..

Edited by jdowning640 (Thu 14-Dec-17 23:34:13)

Standard User CJT
(experienced) Fri 15-Dec-17 08:41:37
Print Post

Maybe worth registering at BT's own support forums. Via the main BT page.

I used them a few times, UK support and they are VERY helpful. Just explain (briefly) what has occurred with the number loss and they maybe able to get it back.

Just a thought

CJT.

On NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 15-Dec-17 09:48:20
Print Post

VoIP should not need Annex M unless you are running uncompressed or multiple voip lines?

VoIP is pretty low bandwidth usually in the 64 to 128 Kilo bits per second region

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to