General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User derby13
(learned) Wed 21-Feb-18 21:17:31
Print Post

Issue with Network Node

[link to this post]

Hi. I've been experiencing an issue with regular dropouts recently. FTTC connection. ISP are currently in the process of investigating and (hopefully) arranging a fix. They messaged me today with an investigation update stating "Performance issue has been identified related to a network node. Device Id is 20058688" and I'm just curious about what this particular device might be. Can anyone help please? Ta.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 21-Feb-18 22:24:39
Print Post

Re: Issue with Network Node

[re: derby13] [link to this post]

Is it the VDSL2 modem resenting, or does that stay connected and you lose the ability to do anything on the internet

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User derby13
(learned) Fri 23-Feb-18 19:28:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Connection drops out, loses sync. It reconnects itself within a couple of minutes but it's happening around 10 times a day.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 23-Feb-18 20:04:08
Print Post

[re: derby13] [link to this post]

In that case the device might be your modem or the line card you connect to.

Have you done tests using the test socket to see if more stable and that telephone line is noise free when no broadband hardware is connected to the line.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to