General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-Mar-18 16:33:15
Print Post

Openreach no show

[link to this post]

Uncle rang BT to report a voice fault over the weekend. Told an engineer will be out today between 8-1pm and may need access to premises. So uncle took the day off work.

Come 1pm still not here. He rang and was told its on the engineers list but he maybe running late so ring back later. He rang just now and was told due to some cockup in the system the jobs been resheduled for tomorrow.

Can you claim compensation when they dont show and dont inform you?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Mar-18 14:42:28
Print Post

Re: Openreach no show

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Depends on the 'may need' i.e. was this a visit that was booked or not.

Missed appointments are due compensation. Faults that are not fixed with certain period are also due compensation.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Mar-18 15:25:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well he got told that the guy who booked the OR appointment at the weekend booked it on the wrong system, hence the no show.

Funnt as it was down on the system when my uncle rang to check in the afternoon

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Mar-18 17:32:16
Print Post

Re: Openreach no show...again

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Resheduled for today, didnt show up. No word from OR for the reason yet
Standard User MC31
(member) Wed 14-Mar-18 21:05:06
Print Post

So sounds like your SP got it wrong but OR get the blame ? Not the first time by a long shot.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User MC31
(member) Wed 14-Mar-18 21:07:01
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

But yes a real pain in the backside to take a day off work for a no show , i get them as well !

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Mar-18 21:30:23
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

Well thet eventually turned up today. After 4 hours the fault was fixed. Not sure what it was but was external to the property. According to Ofcom website he shouls automatically get compensation for the 2 missed appointments. Willing to bet it doesnt happen though without another phonecall
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Mar-18 08:43:33
Print Post

Have you got a link to the Ofcom website where it talks about auto compensation? It is coming in but I think it had an 18 month implementation period so I am not sure it is fully in place yet.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Mar-18 09:45:32
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I concur, though there did seem to be a hope from Ofcom that providers would implement ahead of the deadline date.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Mar-18 11:47:37
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Have you got a link to the Ofcom website where it talks about auto compensation? It is coming in but I think it had an 18 month implementation period so I am not sure it is fully in place yet.

I know I had to do all the work to get my compo back in Oct - Nov 2016 which BT were very happy with what I asked for, but there was no you are entitled to X compo due to issues and missed / no show engineer appointments back then.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 303.03 Mbps (down), 31.71 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to