General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hozza12163
(newbie) Wed 02-May-18 12:06:36
Print Post

Am I on the wrong Cabinet

[link to this post]

Hi

is it possible that my broadband cabinet is in the system wrong? The property to the left of mine is on cab 69, the property to the right of mine is on cab 69 and my property is listed as being connected to cab 79. How do I verify the actual cabinet I am connected to? Cabinet 69 is about 75m away from my front door, cabinet 79 is about a mile away. When I look at cab checker it says that cab 79 services MK1 area and cab 69 services MK2 area, my post code is MK2 and my internet is dire, when I go to BT broadband checker it says I can't have fibre on my cabinet or that it is all used up. When I do cab checker it says my phone number doesn't match my post code????
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-May-18 12:55:59
Print Post

Re: Am I on the wrong Cabinet

[re: hozza12163] [link to this post]

MK1 and MK2 are too vague and cabinets work at the premise level

The only way to know is to share more detail than you should in public...

i.e. who is phone line provider
phone number
postcode and address

If you want me to look at this then best to email me andrew@thinkbroadband.com

The words where you said 'it is all used up' suggests maybe your cabinet is enabled, but there is a capacity issue i.e. service is very popular and more ports or other elements are needed so you can be connected.

The capacity issue can be checked by just telling us which exchange the cabinets are connected to.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Storm_Force
(member) Wed 02-May-18 22:12:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes it is possible, this happened to a neighbour of mine. He waited patiently for his cab to be enable once it was and place an ordered it then transpired the system was wrong had always been connected to another cab with had fttc for the past 2 years!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-May-18 22:29:41
Print Post

[re: Storm_Force] [link to this post]

To add have now had chance to take a look and its not a capacity issue, but everything points to an Openreach database issue

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User hozza12163
(newbie) Mon 07-May-18 22:22:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Andrew, you are a diamond this was indeed a simple error on the database and we are connected to cab 69 and not 79 - we can now order fibre!

Chalk up another success for Mr Saffron! A+++++
  Print Thread

Jump to