General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Emsybethsy
(newbie) Sat 20-Oct-18 08:57:06
Print Post

EE smarthub - continual drop outs ADVICE PLEASE

[link to this post]

Hi all complete newbie here,
Iím not very technical so please bear with me and apologies if this is not the appropriate board. Looking for some advice from someone who might be able help with our dropout issues.
We have an EE Smarthub speed is fine and for the first couple of weeks we were really happy with it. We started to get the odd drop out then it continued to worsen to the point it drops out at least every 30 minutes. The router flashes yellow then green then re-connects.
Iíve had a new router sent out by EE and same issue, started off great for a week or so then started dropping out and got progressively worse.
Weíve now had 3 technicians visit from openreach, the first one found no issue on the day the second technician came out this Tuesday I managed to obtain the techs report
Yes Is VDSL modem in sync ? - Yes Are SSFP and connections OK ? - Yes What was the result of the PQT at SSFP ? - Pass - Green Has any star wiring been isolated on the network side of the SSFP ? (N/A if star wiring not present) ? - Yes After the star wiring is isolated, is sync speed at NTE OK ? - Yes Is EU physical set up OK (PC/Router wiring connected correctly) ? - Yes Does on site contact confirm that this is the normal set up of their equipment ? - Yes Have you been provided with CP's test page account details ? - Yes Are you able to connect to CP's homepage from customer router using end user PC ? - Yes Have you confirmed results with on site contact ? - Yes Did a joint meet with CP's engineer take place ? - Yes Did you fit a SSFP ? - Yes Can connection to CP's network from eng laptop or HHT be achieved ? - Yes CP's engineer name - darren *** End of checklist questions *** At Eu d side fault investigated fault found at pcp jumper wire left in causing the fault. Removed PQ Fast tested and VDSL test done LTOK
The technician said he found the fault and sorted it, he advised there was a second line which he disconnected and all should be fine. Within 30 minutes of the tech leaving the drop outs started again. The problem was not resolved.
A technician was booked to come out this afternoon but nobody arrived EE said the technician did arrive and review the problem and didnít identify a fault.
I again obtained the techs report below Is VDSL modem in sync ? - Yes Are SSFP and connections OK ? - Yes What was the result of the PQT at SSFP ? - Pass - Green Has any star wiring been isolated on the network side of the SSFP ? (N/A if star wiring not present) ? - Yes After the star wiring is isolated, is sync speed at NTE OK ? - Yes Is EU physical set up OK (PC/Router wiring connected correctly) ? - Yes Does on site contact confirm that this is the normal set up of their equipment ? - Yes Have you been provided with CP's test page account details ? - Yes Are you able to connect to CP's homepage from customer router using end user PC ? - Yes Have you confirmed results with on site contact ? - Yes Did a joint meet with CP's engineer take place ? - Yes Did you fit a SSFP ? - Yes Can connection to CP's network from eng laptop or HHT be achieved ? - Yes CP's engineer name - darren *** End of checklist questions *** At Eu no fault at pcp PQ failing on insulation dn ok service good slight insulation fault but good to go
The technician today did not attend my home at all and the drop outs are still occurring. The report doesnít make an awful lot of sense to me but I donít understand how a full test was carried out if the technician never attended the property?
Does anybody have any ideas on what might be causing it and what we need to be asking for. I have an EE manager calling me tomorrow morning and want to be fully up to speed with what options I might have to resolve.
Sorry for the long post and appreciate any sup
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Sat 20-Oct-18 10:10:21
Print Post

Re: EE smarthub - continual drop outs ADVICE PLEASE

[re: Emsybethsy] [link to this post]

EE need to book a Super Fast Visit Assure appointment. This will force the engineer to come to the house. Sounds like last time he just went to the cabinet and did some tests, which doesnít really achieve much.

Icaras
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Oct-18 10:30:34
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

Sounds like it was the same engineer too.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 20-Oct-18 10:44:34
Print Post

[re: Emsybethsy] [link to this post]

Beyond the lights what does the web page in the router actually say?

There should be a status page showing things connected/disconnected and connection speeds

Another thing, did you want the engineer when they first appeared, if so they will have removed part of the master socket faceplate to expose a test socket, you can do the same and if the line is totally stable after that then the extra wiring the test wiring disconnects is the issue.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to