General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RomaN
(regular) Mon 22-Oct-18 19:45:26
Print Post

Advice Required

[link to this post]

Hi all, hoping for some advice for the following.

We currently live in a converted farm building and are roughly 2 miles (as the crow flies) from an FTTC enabled box. Obviously with the way cables are fed the actual length will be much further than this.

As you can see from the LINK, our current speed is appalling.

I see that it shows that FTTP On Demand is available, however I am not sure that this is currently available to order.

I'm interesting in finding out potential costs of getting this installed. We only have one neighbor who, like me, also works from home occasionally, and finds the current set-up unbearable and is also interested. I'm thinking this could potentially halve the install costs?

Any help/advice/nudges in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-Oct-18 20:00:51
Print Post

Re: Advice Required

[re: RomaN] [link to this post]

If you are serious about FTTPoD, have a read through this thread ....

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4595298-ftt...

then you could approach Cerberus for a quote.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 22-Oct-18 20:04:32
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

And without looking at a map, if your cabinet is 2 miles away likely the aggregation node for FTTP is a lot further and the costs are likely to be at the higher end of the quotes others have been given

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RomaN
(regular) Mon 12-Nov-18 19:24:05
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply both.

Cerberus have come back with a desktop quote of £3,900 ex VAT which isn't huge in the grand scheme of things.

Now looking into the Governments Gigabit Voucher scheme. Only neighbor next door who also works from home as a self-employed designer so thinking this might be a good avenue to explore?
  Print Thread

Jump to