General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Thu 06-Dec-18 00:35:24
Print Post

Re: Huawei's equipment to be removed!

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

I once had a Huawei router, issued by Talk T. It kept taking me to strange Chinese sites.

I think TT issued new software for it.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 06-Dec-18 00:54:02
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

I think it may be in connection with:-
US media have reported that Huawei is under investigation for potential violations of US sanctions against Iran.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 06-Dec-18 09:47:21
Print Post

Moderation

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

Some posts have been removed.

If people can explain why a company belonging to a particular nation is cause for their kit being removed then they are free to post

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Thu 06-Dec-18 09:59:04
Print Post

Re: Moderation

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Dec-18 10:32:31
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by witchunt:
I expect the nunber of Huawei cabinets to continue to increase and the number of ECI possibly to decrease slightly

Makes perfect sense. Huawei kit with an upgrade path to 512 lines can be installed to completely replace full ECI 256s.

----
Building better networks, not just faster ones.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 06-Dec-18 10:44:28
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

What is wrong with saying "would you trust an Israeli company?" And I did not say it should be removed - I pointed out that they too are a foreign power.

People are saying that Huawei cannot be trusted because they are Chinese and Chinese hacking. Have a search for Israeli hacking and you will find a lot out there. Is there any proof that equipment supplied by an Israeli company will not have spyware or malicious code included?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Thu 06-Dec-18 12:43:41
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Exactly. Not sure why my reply agreeing to it also was removed, too.

William Grimsley.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Dec-18 13:24:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by MHC:
People are saying that Huawei cannot be trusted because they are Chinese and Chinese hacking. Have a search for Israeli hacking and you will find a lot out there.

There are hackers in all nations, there are hackers in USA too, should we bin all Apple products?

The point here is China's relationship with the West is not great, and the level of interference the Government of China can have in private business exceeds that which would be considered acceptable here.

Oliver.
Standard User jabuzzard
(member) Thu 06-Dec-18 14:41:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by MHC:
What is wrong with saying "would you trust an Israeli company?" And I did not say it should be removed - I pointed out that they too are a foreign power.

People are saying that Huawei cannot be trusted because they are Chinese and Chinese hacking. Have a search for Israeli hacking and you will find a lot out there. Is there any proof that equipment supplied by an Israeli company will not have spyware or malicious code included?

To equate a democratic country (Israel) with a communist dictatorship renowned for it's state sponsored IP theft (China) meets the requirements of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance definition of antisemitism. You are holding Israel to a higher standard than other countries. It's how Corbyn tied himself up in knots; he wants to be able to criticise Israel which is fine, but he also wants to hold them to a higher standard than other countries which is not fine.

Do trust ECI more than Huawei, dam sure I do. Do I trust anything that has left my network, er not on your life.
Standard User ggremlin
(experienced) Thu 06-Dec-18 18:47:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

today's failure of O2 mobile data (Ericsson core routers) show it isn't just 'malicious code' that can cripple a network
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to