General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 05-Jan-19 18:43:41
Print Post

Re: Journeying to the dark ages

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Malwaremike:
Maybe you had good reason to leave Plusnet but they seem happy to give 35Mb fibre for the price of ADSL 10-12Mb. I recently renewed onto a two yr contract for an extra penny per month. And no, I didn't need higher speed either but it's handy for the rare occasions when we watch catchup TV or download family movies. 100% reliable since joining them in July 2014.
At the moment I could order Plusnet ADSL + phone line for £18.99 permmonth for 18th month contract, so have you managed to get VDSL + phone line for £19 pm for 24 months or are you paying more?

Michael Chare
Standard User BlokeDownPub
(newbie) Sun 06-Jan-19 11:31:41
Print Post

They wouldn't budge from £26.99 a month. Vodafone were offering £22 on 18 month contract + £50 cashback, so a bit of a saving.

Now Boradband looks quite appealing at £25.50 a month, on a 12 month contract, giving unlimited anytime calls.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Jan-19 12:24:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Really? I get HD Netflix with my 8Mbps connection with no issues.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Sun 06-Jan-19 13:13:01
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

My PN contract is fibre BB £5.99 pm
Anytime call plan £7pm
Total £12.99 pm on a 24 mth contract; paid monthly by DD once the awful PN accounts system could be coaxed to accept it.

You have to ring sales, wait up to half an hour, and ask for this deal, it won't arrive automatically! I rang a few months before my identical ADSL contract at £12.98pm was due to finish and the (very helpful) operator arranged the BB contract renewal to coincide with annual line rental, which helps if one wants to switch ISPs. Two friends and a relative have since been given a similar deal and are very pleased so far (but two of them were with TT and one with Sky).

Line rental is paid in advance £197.88. Hope this helps and good luck!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 06-Jan-19 13:49:15
Print Post

So for comparison purposes, that equals £29.48pm.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 06-Jan-19 13:49:50)

(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Jan-19 15:46:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
So for comparison purposes, that equals £29.48pm.
That includes the £7 pm for anytime call plan. £22.48 without the calls which is 11% dearer than, for example, Vodafone's £20.00.

Michael Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Jan-19 15:49:55
Print Post

Thank you. I did try something similar when my Plusent ADSL contract came to an end but without success as the exchange was one of the high cost ones. The exchange has been reclassified as low cost so when my current contract comes to an end in March I may move back.

Michael Chare
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to