Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(committed) Wed 10-Mar-10 20:41:51
Print Post

How to setup Epson SW515W Printer wirelessly in Win 7 Home?

[link to this post]

I have the above setup in which Win 7 Home premium is installed in my daughter's Laptop, and hence I wanted to setup my Epson SX515W wirelessly as well. So that my daughter can print her course-work through this Epson SX515W wirelessly with full mobility. Her laptop is also connecting to my O2 Wireless Box2 wirelessly as well.
I have been able to setup my SX515W wireless under "Access point" mode, but I think that is "wrong" as it should be in so called "Ad Hoc or similar" one-to-one PC mode instead. At the moment my SX515W is wirelessly connected to my O2 Wireless Box2 because it is using my O2 Box as an "Access Point". Her laptop always give the "printer is not ready" prompt whenever she wanted to print some things. I got the feeling that this SX515W should be connected DIRECTLY to my daughter's laptop wirelessly instead rather than networking through my O2 Box 2.
So HOW can I do that in both the SX515W's setup menu and in my daughter's Win 7 laptop for her wireless printings, while maintaining the laptop being able to connect to the internet through my existing O2 Box2 as well? Could some one who have come across this give me a guidance please because my SX515W's setup guide is NOT too understandable??
Many thanks

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband!

Edited by OCdragon (Wed 10-Mar-10 20:43:01)

Standard User cheshire_man
(experienced) Wed 10-Mar-10 21:01:53
Print Post

Re: How to setup Epson SW515W Printer wirelessly in Win 7 Ho

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

I had to get a friend's Windows 7 laptop printer wirelessly to her XP directly connected Samsung printer.

I found this gave me the answer - see 5th post from jimbo45. It worked straight away. Don't know if this is exactly your problem but it may be of help.

Tony
Standard User ukhardy07
(learned) Wed 10-Mar-10 21:25:20
Print Post

I have this printer myself.

The way I set it up was

I connected the printer to the WiFi using the printers screen, and using the spanner icon on the printer. Not using the setup cd. You know its connected as a green light pops on under the wifi

Than under start - all programs - epson - Epson Stylus SX510W Network Setup -

This program searches for the printer via the wireless and connects you to it.

If your printers already connected to the WiFi just do start - all programs - epson - Epson Stylus SX510W Network Setup and follow the on screen promts.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User OCdragon
(committed) Thu 11-Mar-10 09:39:14
Print Post

Many thanks for trying to help!
I have eventually setup my Epson SX515W wirelessly with my daughter's laptop using the following guides, which I have dug out through "Google" last night:

"For anyone else having this problem here is how I fixed it ...

Make sure laptop is on and wireless connection is working.

Go to printer and press the set up button ( Find that in Epsons documentation !! ) which is the button with the spanner/screwdriver

scroll along to network setup on the little display screen and select your router from the list

Enter your password ( router secure password you use for internet access)

Go to laptop and click start , add device/printer , add wireless printer, when printer displays select and add it ... Job done !

You may need to download the new drivers for the printer and scanner but this is straightforward enough via epson website"

I am publishing this hopefully some ones having similar setup problems as mine can follow these guides to get themselves sorted!

Good luck to you all and thank you for trying to help!!

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 30-Jul-10 14:14:47
Print Post

Re: How to setup Epson SW515W Printer wirelessly in Win 7 Ho *DELETED*

Post deleted by billford
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 24-Jan-11 14:51:09
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Thanks for this I have been searching for hours looking how to get around this problem on a friends laptop. I will see if it works tomorrow when I pop to see him, hopefully it will the directions look clear enough.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 24-Sep-11 14:02:45
Print Post

your a genius, was just about to loose it with this printer after days of trying to set it up to print wireless. Thanks smile
Standard User johntomlinson
(newbie) Thu 09-Feb-12 17:15:56
Print Post

Thanks for this post, here I am two years later with the same problem.
and yes your suggestion worked for me, although I had spent a couple of hours trying to get the connection back (it had been working before Christmas) before I turned to google.
Perhaps there is a lesson here, just google it!!
thanks
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 22-Sep-12 21:48:44
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Many thanks. Has this printer for two years and only just managed to get it to work with your advice.

Cheers!
  Print Thread

Jump to