Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(committed) Thu 25-Mar-10 11:58:53
Print Post

Cheap Lexmark X2670 Compatible Inkjet cartridges required!

[link to this post]

I have just been given a Lexmark x2670 All-In-One as a present. However I also found out that its replacement "original" inks, i.e. No. 14 & 15, are relatively quite expensive comparing to my existing Epson Counterpart such as SX515W, which I have been using for its wireless printing capability for 2 laptops. Even for its "remanufactured" Lexmark's inks are expensive too comparing to my existing Epson's compatibles. That is around £12 each for Black and up to £14 for colour, which is a ripe-off really for a "re-filled" product.
So my question is does anyone know an On-line site which supplies these Lexmark X2670 "compatible" No. 14 & 15 cartridges with reasonable prices, such as LESS than £10.00 each, or alternative, is it actually possible to "re-fill" the original ink cartridges when they are empty?? For the latter case, what is the known "good" re-filling inks and does it necessary to "reset" the chips attached to each original cartridge when it comes to refilling??
Thanks

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband!
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 25-Mar-10 12:25:23
Print Post

Re: Cheap Lexmark X2670 Compatible Inkjet cartridges require

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

have avoided Lexmar due to the expense on a side note the epson SX515W is a cracking printer, fast for general printing.

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User OCdragon
(committed) Thu 25-Mar-10 12:36:29
Print Post

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

Yeah, I totally agreed with you as I've been doing the same too! But the Lexmark X2670 was given to me as a present which is very kind as I can not reject it. So that is my dilamma!!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gypsydog
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 25-Mar-10 14:49:36
Print Post

I have an Epson printer and have used http://www.inkandstuff.co.uk/; for Epson 'compatible cartridges'.

I would be suprised if their Lemark cartridges are not of the same standard.

I have never had a problem with the cartridges supplied and it is a very good service from them; usually arrive next day.

I have no connection with them other than as a happy customer

DrayTek Vigor 2710n

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every man should have at least two computers; one to use and one to tinker with.

Edited by Gypsydog (Thu 25-Mar-10 14:52:05)

Standard User OCdragon
(committed) Thu 25-Mar-10 16:52:20
Print Post

[re: Gypsydog] [link to this post]

Hi, thank you for replying! I've been to your said link above, but sadly they seemed to have not done my Lexmark's X2600 series compatible inks at all although they do most of the other Lexmark's stuffs. Well, tough luck!!!
I am still waiting for any opion of re-filling the Lexmark's X2670 inks when they have run out on me. Is it feasible and does it need to do any "resetting" of their chips at all because I've never tried that??
Thanks

Standard User commandergc
(member) Thu 25-Mar-10 20:45:44
Print Post

http://www.cartridgeshop.co.uk/Product/View/1799/31-...

--------
Intel Core I5 650, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2x 1.5TB HD, ATi Radion 5770.
NHB Radio | Kevin Reeves | Wild Bunch Radio
Karoo: Pro (ADSL2)
Sync (up/Down): 1,023 / 8,191kbps
If there is a Hell, Karoo supplies their internet connection.
Standard User GrumpyOne
(member) Thu 25-Mar-10 21:37:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by OCdragon:
I have just been given a Lexmark x2670 All-In-One as a present. However I also found out that its replacement "original" inks, i.e. No. 14 & 15, are relatively quite expensive comparing to my existing Epson Counterpart such as SX515W, which I have been using for its wireless printing capability for 2 laptops. Even for its "remanufactured" Lexmark's inks are expensive too comparing to my existing Epson's compatibles. That is around £12 each for Black and up to £14 for colour, which is a ripe-off really for a "re-filled" product.
So my question is does anyone know an On-line site which supplies these Lexmark X2670 "compatible" No. 14 & 15 cartridges with reasonable prices, such as LESS than £10.00 each, or alternative, is it actually possible to "re-fill" the original ink cartridges when they are empty?? For the latter case, what is the known "good" re-filling inks and does it necessary to "reset" the chips attached to each original cartridge when it comes to refilling??

Thanks

I know what you mean, I used to have a Canon S750, I bought Tesco cartridges at £5.00 for black and (I think) £12.50 for colour, ran it for three years no problems.

Then it died on me and I bought a Lexmark X2650 (same carts as yours) for ten quid off these two lesbians. (No jokes please)! It was brand new, unused but I had horrendous problems installing the drivers. For a year it never worked properly, then I got shut of Comodo IS, installed Avast + Outpost Firewall, installed new drivers and now it's brilliant.

Recently I had to replace the original black cart and bought a colour one, that cost me a total of £43.00. When these run out I shall ditch it and go back to Canon.

By the by, I tried filling my old Canon black cart, that was a disaster, the ink dried up within hours, my kitchen worktops took me hours to clean, don't go there! frown

Standard User OCdragon
(committed) Fri 26-Mar-10 10:34:45
Print Post

[re: GrumpyOne] [link to this post]

Thank you guys for such info. about my "newly acquired" Lexmark X2670! Does anyone know what exactly the difference between the Lexmark X2670 or its similar series of a) compatible "Colour" cartridge and b) compatible "Photo" cartridge?? Because the "photo" one would cost about £3.00 less than its "Colour" counterpart, i.e £9.99 each for "photo" one in this Web Site: http://www.cartridgeshop.co.uk/Catalog/6511/Lexmark-...

As far as I understand it, the above said "photo" cartridge should be "colour" too in its ink contents, so why the Lexmark "colour" ink advertised in this Link would cost more??

Thanks

Standard User ianXX
(experienced) Sat 27-Mar-10 20:01:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by OCdragon:
..., so why the Lexmark "colour" ink advertised in this Link would cost more?? ...

I think you are comparing a Lexmark original colour cart with a compatible photo cart.

The photo cart contains different colours from the colour cart. I think the idea is that the photo cart can be inserted in place of the black cart to make it a six-colour photo printer. (But I haven't got this printer, so can't be 100% sure).

Ian
Standard User OCdragon
(committed) Sat 27-Mar-10 20:32:51
Print Post

[re: ianXX] [link to this post]

The idea of replacing the "Black" with a "Photo" cartridge to make it a 6-colour photo printer is New to me. I would research the Lexmark web site for this X2670 printer, thank you for your hints.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to