Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Mon 15-Aug-11 20:55:08
Print Post

HOW to replace HP Compaq615 Laptop's AC Power Socket??

[link to this post]

I have the above HP Compaq 615 laptop but its DC Power Socket (located on its side with the USB connectors etc.) has recently started to give intermittently contacts with my DC Power Plug, probably due to wearing-out or bending of its inner conductor, causing the laptop totally relying on its battery as backup otherwise it would crash my laptop. I have been surfing the corresponding HP Site, hopping to find out HOW to undo this DC Socket on my laptop. Unfortunately there is NO such video-instructions of how to do that. I realised that it is not going to be easy to access the laptop's DC Socket, let alone to replace it without any advanced instructions.
Does any one have any experiences of replacing such DC Socket for HP Compaq 615 Laptop or, better still, an informative "Replacing Video" of how to do that at all?? I have surfed the HP Site and failed to find the related "repair video" for this DC Socket!!
Many thanks

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband!
Standard User ggremlin
(committed) Mon 15-Aug-11 21:28:00
Print Post

Re: HOW to replace HP Compaq615 Laptop's AC Power Socket??

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

check its not the connector on the psu first (rather than internal to the laptop)
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Tue 16-Aug-11 14:47:26
Print Post

Re: HOW to replace HP Compaq615 Laptop's AC Power Socket??

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

You could be probably RIGHT! After careful examination, the DC Power Plug from my external DC Adapter to my laptop's DC Socket has been bent and a bit "loosen" too. I have then ordered a compatible DC Adapter specifically for Compaq 615, both in DC Output voltage and currents, from Ebay with a "very good feedbacks" Seller, which costs under £10 to try it out.
Thanks

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to