Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Titus
(legend) Mon 26-Sep-11 21:26:37
Print Post

Printer Prob - Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300W

[link to this post]

Anyone familiar with is old beastie, please? It works well and is economical (me Titus) but small prob. at prsent.

The "Color Toner" warning light flashes and printer won't print - fair enough, it needs new toner cartridge. But which colour? I have tried putting a new Magenta cartridge in (because at present it keeps cycling round to that cartrigddge before it stops) but the warning light continues to flash. It will be a bit expensive to renew all three colour cartridges on a "trial-an-error" basis.

A more general and on-going problem is that the printer always used to display the Konica Minlota window as a pop-up, where I could check the status of all four toner cartridges at any time - useful. But unfortunately I can't work out how to get that window to display now. Very frustrating!

Any suggestions, please?

Titus
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
"A problem shared means
two people have a problem"
Ah yes, the Euro ...

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Sep-11 17:41:15
Print Post

Re: Printer Prob - Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300W

[re: Titus] [link to this post]

Even Tisuses have to splash out on a new machines eventually, tyr Morgancomputers for some cheap colour laser printers. Perhaps the elecronics are failing at the cbale connection.

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User Titus
(legend) Tue 27-Sep-11 18:34:47
Print Post

[re: cavillas] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cavillas:
Even Tisuses have to splash out on a new machines eventually, tyr Morgancomputers for some cheap colour laser printers. Perhaps the elecronics are failing at the cbale connection.

Nothing wrong with the printer - why replace it? It is presumably low on some consumable (got plenty) / needs the drum changing (got one) / used toner botle full (got a spare).

Only thing wrong is a software prob - my computer will not display the pop-up "status" window which will tell me what needs replacing / renewing. Can't work out why.

Titus
"A problem shared means
Ah yes, the Euro ...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Sep-11 18:46:03
Print Post

If you're using Windows 7, you could try installing the drivers and/or monitoring utility in compatibility mode. If you're using OS X, no suggestions I'm afraid.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"You'll be skint, battered, exploited, lied to, cheated and despised. But at least you'll no' be bored." -- Rab C Nesbitt
It Ought to be Easy | Greasemonkey scripts
Standard User Titus
(legend) Tue 27-Sep-11 19:07:43
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

Sadly, this printer will not work with windows 7 (not that I'm a great fan of 7 anyway) - no drivers available (GRR) - but works fine with everything up to XP.

Never had difficulty in accessing the status display before - can't work out why I'm having difficulty now.

Titus
"A problem shared means
Ah yes, the Euro ...

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Sep-11 19:11:21
Print Post

Can't you actually take each cartridge out and see whcih one looks empty? You can on my Cannon.

O2 Standard (8Mbps LLU)
Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Sep-11 19:11:32
Print Post

Printer drivers are not complicated. You can install most of them in 7 by running the installer in XP compatibility mode.

(legend) Tue 27-Sep-11 19:26:38
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

Sadly, no.

And it might even be the drum or the used toner bottle.

Titus
"A problem shared means
Ah yes, the Euro ...

Standard User Titus
(legend) Tue 27-Sep-11 19:27:54
Print Post

[re: 12eason] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 12eason:
Printer drivers are not complicated. You can install most of them in 7 by running the installer in XP compatibility mode.

Sounds interesting - thanks. Tell me more.

Titus
"A problem shared means
Ah yes, the Euro ...

Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Sep-11 19:33:04
Print Post

My spider sense is tingling!

Jump to