Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 24-Dec-11 19:38:31
Print Post

you view

[link to this post]

I understand that "you view" is coming early next year. Is it worth the wait? Apart from the ability to connect to WIFI, is there any other advantage, and anybody is going to get it?
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 24-Dec-11 20:14:54
Print Post

Re: you view

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

If you want crippled access to a limited selection of online services then perhaps it is worth waiting for.

Me? I prefer to have unfettered access to whatever is out there so use a dedicated nettop instead.

O2 Standard (8Mbps LLU)
Standard User acpsd775
(committed) Sat 24-Dec-11 20:20:44
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gomezz:
If you want crippled access to a limited selection of online services then perhaps it is worth waiting for.

Me? I prefer to have unfettered access to whatever is out there so use a dedicated nettop instead.

I also agree to this if you want true access to w/e content you want get your self a nice little ITX system that's basically the same size as a setop box and have access to basically every internet based service around smile some in full 1080P wich you view wont offer

Ash

Sky + TalkTalk
-------------------------------------------------------------
2004: Blueyonder 256k/512k => 2006: Blueyonder 2Meg => 2009 Virgin Media 10Meg => 2009/10 Virgin Media 50Meg => 21/04/2011 sky Unlimited 9732kbps/ 796kbps (still active) => 30/9/11 Virgin Media 100Meg => 17/11/11 Talktalk 11105kbps/1020kbps

PSN: ACPSD775 add me if you like

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 28-Dec-11 23:58:57
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

i thought at first it seemed a good idea, but looking more into it I am not so sure. Need a pretty good internet connection to start with and need a unlimited service, not doubt Bt and Talk Talk will give the boxes away if you go for a stupid broadband contract for 24 months

the one problem is that any pay service on the system will have it own pay system, so instead of having on direct debit, you will have multiple direct debits for how many services you subscribe to.

i think it will fail as by the time it is launched, most people who want a Hd Freeview box will have one, so why will they buy again?

I will stay well clear since BT and Talk Talk have their grubby hands in it.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
  Print Thread

Jump to